Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Lima, Peru [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by phatty
So I just got done with a two night stay at the Sheraton Lima. When I checked in I asked if I it was okay to drink the tab water there - the person at the desk said yes.
So the first night I had one glass of tap water after I'd finished the free bottled water. That was three days ago and I've never had such bad diarrhea before in my life. I'm in Cusco now - suppose to hike to Machu Pichhu in the morning (which is the purpose of the trip). It's looking like that won't be a possibility.... Anyone else ever had this problem? Did they flat out lie to me or could this be from something else? I'm use to going to Mexico properties where the water at the hotel is totally fine but the local water is bad. Figured the same concept applied...
I dunno if anyone lied to you, perhaps they didn't understand your question.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott
I emailed the property asking them about it and they emailed back saying the water is indeed drinkable because it is processed with a UV sterilizer. Still finding this very hard to believe...
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
any recent stay reports as platinum?

planning a 1-night stay here after late arrival to lima because it is nearest to the airport then transfer to JW Marriott by the sea for next 2 nights.

thanks in advance.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Just an aside based on my trip last summer - getting to the JW is maybe 10 minutes longer than to the Sheraton.

I can't report because we cancelled our "stay close to the airport the night before flying home" stay and remained in Miraflores when we realized the travel times.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:38 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by CPRich
Just an aside based on my trip last summer - getting to the JW is maybe 10 minutes longer than to the Sheraton.

I can't report because we cancelled our "stay close to the airport the night before flying home" stay and remained in Miraflores when we realized the travel times.
The Wyndham is right inside the terminal and saves you the taxi drama in Lima. It is just 3k points and $80.

Even Uber is around $15 one-way to the Sheraton or JW Marriott and rush hour traffic is insane.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
any recent stay reports as platinum?

planning a 1-night stay here after late arrival to lima because it is nearest to the airport then transfer to JW Marriott by the sea for next 2 nights.

thanks in advance.
Plat50, stayed here for one night last month. Got nice Plat treatment including an upgrade to a junior suite and vouchers for free coffee/tea in the lobby lounge. But I'd say you should go straight to the JW Marriott. The Sheraton is in a good location if you want to walk through the old town but it's very far from the much more hip Miraflores and Barranco districts. The drive to the JW Marriott is only 15-20 minutes more (and probably only about $3 USD extra). My vote is, take the extra 15 minutes and avoid the need to switch hotels/pay for a second cab.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by matravelguy
Plat50, stayed here for one night last month. Got nice Plat treatment including an upgrade to a junior suite and vouchers for free coffee/tea in the lobby lounge. But I'd say you should go straight to the JW Marriott. The Sheraton is in a good location if you want to walk through the old town but it's very far from the much more hip Miraflores and Barranco districts. The drive to the JW Marriott is only 15-20 minutes more (and probably only about $3 USD extra). My vote is, take the extra 15 minutes and avoid the need to switch hotels/pay for a second cab.
Thank you for useful info.

I need to maximize starpoints from latest spg promo and the price of jw marriott for that particular night is too expensive.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:58 pm

Programs: Free Agent
This is a decent, clean, if somewhat older property near the history city center – a 20 minute walk. Arranged an airport transfer via hotel car for 100 Soles, and took about 30 minutes to arrive. Booked a base room, and was upgraded to a junior suite on the Club Floor. The room was actually closer to a one bedroom suite in size. The layout of the room was nice and not cluttered, with a good sized bathroom. Premium WiFi is free for elites, and was 20Mbps.

The Lounge serves a decent breakfast with juice, fruit, pastries, and a selection of hot foods. Service was outstanding, and the staff tried hard to please. Elites are also given the option to eat at the restaurant downstairs. You would think the food selection would be better than the Lounge, but it’s really not. The Sheraton only offers a really basic breakfast. I would recommend the Lounge due to the better and faster service. There really isn’t much in terms of snacks and food in the afternoons, and the evening spread subsists of a simple layout of desserts and sandwiches. Nothing to really write home about.

The hotel offers a free shuttle service to Larcomar Mall in Miraflores 4 times a day starting in the early afternoon. I heard it was because they were losing clients to hotels in Miraflores. I can see the logic, as the Sheraton is close to the Historic City Center, but all the good restaurants are in Miraflores. On the other hand, the Sheraton is right next to a shopping mall, complete with food court and movie theater. That greatly expands your food options if you like fast food.

While the Sheraton isn’t bad, I can see those wanting to stay in nicer hotels based in Miraflores and closer to better food option. Traffic going there is horrible, and takes 25 minutes outside of rush hour. It all depends on what you’re looking to do in Lima.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Originally Posted by Condition One
This is a decent, clean, if somewhat older property near the history city center – a 20 minute walk. Arranged an airport transfer via hotel car for 100 Soles, and took about 30 minutes to arrive. Booked a base room, and was upgraded to a junior suite on the Club Floor. The room was actually closer to a one bedroom suite in size. The layout of the room was nice and not cluttered, with a good sized bathroom. Premium WiFi is free for elites, and was 20Mbps.

The Lounge serves a decent breakfast with juice, fruit, pastries, and a selection of hot foods. Service was outstanding, and the staff tried hard to please. Elites are also given the option to eat at the restaurant downstairs. You would think the food selection would be better than the Lounge, but it’s really not. The Sheraton only offers a really basic breakfast. I would recommend the Lounge due to the better and faster service. There really isn’t much in terms of snacks and food in the afternoons, and the evening spread subsists of a simple layout of desserts and sandwiches. Nothing to really write home about.

The hotel offers a free shuttle service to Larcomar Mall in Miraflores 4 times a day starting in the early afternoon. I heard it was because they were losing clients to hotels in Miraflores. I can see the logic, as the Sheraton is close to the Historic City Center, but all the good restaurants are in Miraflores. On the other hand, the Sheraton is right next to a shopping mall, complete with food court and movie theater. That greatly expands your food options if you like fast food.

While the Sheraton isn’t bad, I can see those wanting to stay in nicer hotels based in Miraflores and closer to better food option. Traffic going there is horrible, and takes 25 minutes outside of rush hour. It all depends on what you’re looking to do in Lima.
I also completed a 5 night stay at the Sheraton Lima in February. I echo all of "Condition One's" comments. Great stafff at the Sheraton, and excellent "Platinum " treatment. I also spent 3 nights in Miraflores on my return to Lima. I prefer the Sheraton's location. Great sightseeing from the Sheraton. It took 2+ hours from Mirtaflores to LIM Airport on a Friday night.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Pleasantly surprised...

Booked 2 nights last June but didn't really cared for an upgrade as I was technically staying just overnight (flight leaving very, very late in the evening the following day).

When I arrived, they told me that I got a Suite upgrade but didn't tell me what kind of suite. Entered the room and it was their VP suite (Le Méridien Suite).

They decor was really nice and I liked it.

The Suite had 1.5 bath and a kitchen. It also has a full dining area good for 8 people. It was overlooking the justice hall, if I'm not mistaken.
The main bathroom has a full size tub

The lounge is still closed but in lieu of that, there is happy hour from 1730 to 1930 in the main restaurant at the lobby. It had quite a few selection but you need to order it from the QR code menu. Breakfast is complimentary as well plus your 1000 pts.

They also provided some snacks as a Lifetime Titanium guest

As for the location. This property is closest to the UNESCO listed Old Town of Lima. You can UBER to there but it takes a long time due to traffic. Coming back to the hotel was a problem too if you need a ride. So I decided to walk it and it isn't really that far. About a 20 min walk from Old Town.

I used to despise this property 10 years ago with their unpolished staffs. But this time it is very different in a positive way. Everyone was very accommodating and very friendly. Would highly recommend staying here if you prefer to see Old Town.
kevino and Kmxu like this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 6:32 am

Nice report. I was in Lima, April 2022. My friends suggested I stay in Miraflores, but in hindsight, I wish I had stayed here - to be closer to the old town.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.