Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

La Posada de Santa Fe Resort and Spa, Santa Fe, NM [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La Posada de Santa Fe Resort and Spa, Santa Fe, NM [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2021, 3:44 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Palacio Cafe down the street had a good breakfast when we stayed here a few years ago
Old Aug 13, 2021, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed here in late June and I expected much worse given the reviews. The service was essentially non-existent, and the rooms were dark and a little dreary, but really, the place just wasn't all that bad.

To shame them a little, though, here's a pic of the hot tub while we were there:

They blamed its closure on Covid rules even though plenty of hot tubs around town were open.

But the fact that they couldn't either clean it or cover it was just disgusting.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by josephstern
To shame them a little, though, here's a pic of the hot tub while we were there: They blamed its closure on Covid rules even though plenty of hot tubs around town were open. But the fact that they couldn't either clean it or cover it was just disgusting.

That appears to be in violation of State of New Mexico Environmental Department Pool Regulations 7.18.1.26 NM Pool Regulations How does this hotel have a permit?
Old Aug 8, 2022, 3:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Has anybody stayed here in 2022? I'm passing through SF for one afternoon/evening next week. Currently have a reservation at the Hilton, which gets pretty mediocre reviews. It looks like this hotel's reviews are even worse, but I figured I'd ask anyway. Hotels that were still using the covid excuse long after their cities had lifted covid restrictions likely have made a permanent change.

Although dang...throw a cover over that swamp they call a hot tub....yuck.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 3:27 pm

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by pinniped
Has anybody stayed here in 2022? I'm passing through SF for one afternoon/evening next week. Currently have a reservation at the Hilton, which gets pretty mediocre reviews. It looks like this hotel's reviews are even worse, but I figured I'd ask anyway. Hotels that were still using the covid excuse long after their cities had lifted covid restrictions likely have made a permanent change.

Although dang...throw a cover over that swamp they call a hot tub....yuck.
I”m in the same boat. I am traveling through NM and have a 40k cert to burn which expires at the end of the year. I have this booked and hope things have improved. NM was a total Rona lock down state so hopefully they have the place staffed properly now.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 3:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by buzglyd
I”m in the same boat. I am traveling through NM and have a 40k cert to burn which expires at the end of the year. I have this booked and hope things have improved. NM was a total Rona lock down state so hopefully they have the place staffed properly now.
I'll probably just stay put at the Hilton. My current Marriott free night cert is a 50k cert and there are still lots of good 50k hotels out there. I value my Marriott 50k nights far more than I do Hilton points.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by pinniped
I'll probably just stay put at the Hilton. My current Marriott free night cert is a 50k cert and there are still lots of good 50k hotels out there. I value my Marriott 50k nights far more than I do Hilton points.
I canceled mine and booked the Hyatt Regency Tamaya. It’s not in Santa Fe but close enough and I get treated well as a Globalist.
pinniped likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:34 am

Just an update on this location. Stayed 2 nights last week as a Platinum member. SNA cleared into Large King Suite and was provided vouchers for breakfast each day good for any item on menu plus coffee and juice. Overall great stay.
dw likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.