Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott - Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JW Marriott - Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2019, 12:27 pm
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
Bump. Any new reviews? Thanks,
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:25 pm
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
Report is Spot on 2019

Originally Posted by ssafro1
Review from stay 4/8/16 - 4/10/16

Check-in/Check-out:
From my first interaction to my last, the staff was top notch. After meeting several just once, they remembered my name and always asked if I needed anything. For check in, there was a separate elite line (although nobody else was checking in at 10pm…). It was very efficient. Was thanked for my loyalty, offered the standard amenity and taken up to my room. For check out, I asked for a later check out (2pm) due to a late afternoon flight and it was granted without hesitation. He even said I could even have it until 5pm if I needed it.

Room/Upgrade:
As a PP staying two nights, I was given an upgrade to a corner junior suite. The front desk agent said current occupancy was around 60% but usually much higher during the week. The property itself is not huge, only occupying 5 floors of a tower and has only 150 rooms. The room was immaculate and inviting. Very modern. And the bathroom was beautiful. White marble, separate tub/rainfall shower and glass enclosed toilet area. Even a TV in the mirror. Turndown service came like clockwork each night.

Overall Property:
Very impressive property IMO. The hotel is located above a very nice mall with several fancy shops, restaurants and a movie theater. I was told the area is one of the safest in the city. However, one drawback is that it is not near the old city/most touristy stops. Lobby located on the 13th Floor. Lobby level has lobby bar, restaurant, rooftop pool deck, outdoor covered lounge area and access to fitness center. The lobby space is bright and beautiful. A lot of woods and stone. Pool was perfect and there were a handful of chairs on a wood pool deck. Fitness center was equipped with brand new machinery. 3 treadmills, 3 ellipticals, a stationary bike, several weight machines and free weights.

Concierge Lounge:
The concierge lounge was located on the 20th floor and was a well-designed space. Open 24hrs/7 days for water/soda. Several TVs, work and seating spaces and a small business center with computers/printers as well. Food (see times below) was good, service was again top notch. Concierge up there was great as well with questions/recommendations. Food service times:
Breakfast: 6AM – 10AM
Light Lunch: 12PM – 2PM
Appetizers/Cheese: 6PM – 7PM
Light Dinner: 7PM – 9PM
Desserts: 9PM – 10PM

Final Thoughts
10/10. This JW knocks it out of the park in terms of quality property and service. Would definitely stay here again. My only complaint is its no longer a cat 5!
I am staying at JW Marriott as I type and ssafro1's above report is spot on. This is a 5 Star Hotel in every sense of the word - staff, management, facility you name it. I couldn't believe it is currently a category 4. We're paying as we're here on business but as a category 4 it's a steal. I am usually very hard on hotels (see my recent post of RI NY Times Square) but the JW Marriott in Santo Domingo is a gem. Kudos to staff and management.
Old May 16, 2021, 1:58 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Any 2021 visitors from here?
Old Apr 28, 2023, 7:39 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
I stayed two nights in Oct 2022 and three in March 2023. Both times used suite upgrades to get a nice two room suite with separate dining, sitting and bedroom areas and two full baths. Property is stylish and above the high-end Blue Mall. Staff well trained. Lounge is fine but offerings pretty basic especially at breakfast. When I went in October there was self-service wine. By March you could no longer self serve and were limited to two glasses poured by staff.
Marriott app advertises Gold’s Gym in the Blue Mall but when I tried to access it I was directed to a small gym within the hotel instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.