Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Protea & African Pride hotels

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:21 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Any recent reports from the Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Parktonian All-Suite ?
How is the breakfast?
Is the Hyatt better?
Old Nov 16, 2019, 11:23 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Durban Umhlanga Ridge
as a plat was given upgrade to one bedroom one living room suite on 5th floor. it seems all the suites are bi-level but we got one of the few uni-level suites. i think people here get disappointed because they see the nice fun interior decorating but the materials are cheap so they wear out and look low end. the staff left us a fruit and biltong and nut plate on arrival which was nice.
location is pretty boring, but if you just wanna hang in a mall then i guess you are good.
wifi was fast, the gym was a bit marginal (one of each machine, set of freeweights, in a very tight space). but it worked.
they have a 2for1 deal from 1800-1900 every day

breakfast had full eu cold cut and american hot spreads. with lots of juice. nice spread and an egg cook who could make benedicts.
hotel had turndown service which is a really really nice touch. and housekeeping staff were nice.

solid 4 star stay if you can get over a basic breakfast and gashes on the desk
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Award night credits posting

Anyone have an idea how long elite night
credits take to post for award night stays? Been 7 days since staying in Protea Nelspruit and have a couple more stays around ZA before the new year. Counting on these credits for Titanium and want to post timely.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 1:40 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, SPG Platinum, Amex Platinum, Delta Reserve
I've been searching and have not uncovered any comments about the Protea Apartments North Wharf. Will be in Cape Town with a friend for about 5 nights in March, and like the idea of having a little extra space, plus a washer/dryer. Would love any feedback on location, safety, amenities, etc. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.