Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Rome, Italy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Rome, Italy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2023, 5:58 pm

Hi all,

First timer in Rome next month. I'm Titanium status with Marriott.

I currently have 5 nights booked at the St. Regis using 322k Marriott points. This is considered low peak for points, so 322k points seem reasonable considering each night is well over 1k USD.

Now, I'm debating switching to The Regency, Rome, a Tribute Portfolio which is $333 CAD ($241 USD) per night and saving my 322k Marriott points for a resort property where I'll be spending the majority of my time at.

There seems to be lots of mixed reviews regarding St. Regis, CPP is incredible, but is it worth that amount of points?

Does the St. Regis have a quite "WOW!" factor compared to The Regency, Rome, a Tribute Portfolio?

I don't really care about location, as I can uber or taxi around just fine.

What do you all think?
Old Nov 8, 2023, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Jajaju
Plan for family of 4 (two kids, 10). It seems the Courtyard by Marriott in Rome, Italy does not have a regular room for 4. It does show suites of two bedrooms for 4 people.

Can I book a regular room for 2 and use the suite upgrade so I will know 5days before check-in if I get it u till 1 or 2days before I can still cancel the reservation? So if I get a suite, 4 of us can stay there. If not, I may have to book suite(not bad price in mid $200) or have to find other hotels.

Also is downtown hotels better than this Courtyard that is located 4.5km away but seems can take a Train 40min to city? Do they have über or taxi at OK price?

Appreciate Anyone has insight can share a few things here!

Sounds like you can help me!

I'm currently booked at the St. Regis in December 2023 - using 322k points for 5 nights + I used 5 SNAS hoping to get a St. Regis upgrade. (I'm Titanium status).

I'm debating switching to The Regency, Rome, a Tribute Portfolio which is $333 CAD ($241 USD) per night and saving my 322k Marriott points for a resort property where I'll be spending the majority of my time at.

This will be my first time in Rome - What do you think?
Old Nov 9, 2023, 2:48 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Epnawd
Hi all,

First timer in Rome next month. I'm Titanium status with Marriott.

I currently have 5 nights booked at the St. Regis using 322k Marriott points. This is considered low peak for points, so 322k points seem reasonable considering each night is well over 1k USD.

Now, I'm debating switching to The Regency, Rome, a Tribute Portfolio which is $333 CAD ($241 USD) per night and saving my 322k Marriott points for a resort property where I'll be spending the majority of my time at.

There seems to be lots of mixed reviews regarding St. Regis, CPP is incredible, but is it worth that amount of points?

Does the St. Regis have a quite "WOW!" factor compared to The Regency, Rome, a Tribute Portfolio?

I don't really care about location, as I can uber or taxi around just fine.

What do you all think?
Don’t switch. STR is the finest Bonvoy property in Rome. I’ve stayed at all but 2. 5 nights means you’re getting 1 free. Higher season rooms can go for 120k/night. The service at this property is unmatched in Rome. You’ll get the complimentary breakfast buffet. Being low season you have a good chance being upgraded to a suite.

Unless you have mobility issues, you can walk everywhere….Spanish Steps, Via Veneto, Forum, Pantheon, Trevi, etc. If you have walking issues or are just tired, just use Uber or get a taxi which is always in front of the hotel.

I would not stay anywhere else
Old Nov 9, 2023, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by buckeye91
Don’t switch. STR is the finest Bonvoy property in Rome. I’ve stayed at all but 2. 5 nights means you’re getting 1 free. Higher season rooms can go for 120k/night. The service at this property is unmatched in Rome. You’ll get the complimentary breakfast buffet. Being low season you have a good chance being upgraded to a suite.

Unless you have mobility issues, you can walk everywhere….Spanish Steps, Via Veneto, Forum, Pantheon, Trevi, etc. If you have walking issues or are just tired, just use Uber or get a taxi which is always in front of the hotel.

I would not stay anywhere else

Glad to hear this, thanks! Will report back next month.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 9:09 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
I will be starting a cruise from Rome (on the Ritz-Carlton luxury yacht ILMA) so will want to stay in Rome at least a couple of days before the cruise.

From reading this thread, seems like the W would be a slightly better choice (good food in the hotel or nearby is important to us), although I have enjoyed St Regis elsewhere in the world (but not in Rome). We will have 4 suitcases so I am a bit concerned at the small size of the room at the W.

Would like to hear comments as I am also exploring high end properties with Hyatt and Hilton also. Thanks
Old Nov 11, 2023, 3:13 pm

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by sapguy
I will be starting a cruise from Rome (on the Ritz-Carlton luxury yacht ILMA) so will want to stay in Rome at least a couple of days before the cruise.

From reading this thread, seems like the W would be a slightly better choice (good food in the hotel or nearby is important to us), although I have enjoyed St Regis elsewhere in the world (but not in Rome). We will have 4 suitcases so I am a bit concerned at the small size of the room at the W.

Would like to hear comments as I am also exploring high end properties with Hyatt and Hilton also. Thanks
The base level room at W will be REALLY cramped if you got 4 suitcases (but then it’s true for St Regis or Edition also). You will need at least a Corner room to have some decent space. You may also want to consider Westin if you don’t mind the dated decor, its rooms are all quite a bit bigger and is in the same neighborhood of W.
As for food, W does have a pretty good restaurant, but other than that you will probably need 15-20 min walk for other better restaurants.

Last edited by williamluk; Nov 12, 2023 at 3:47 am
Old Nov 11, 2023, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist

The base room at the W is small, but if you have any status at all, this might not be an issue (or consider booking FHR).

The W Rome is the *only* hotel restaurant I have ever eaten at that I would genuinely recommend eating at, even going out of your way to eat there, even if you weren't a captive audience. It's just a good restaurant, and that it happens to be attached to the hotel is a nice, but secondary bonus.

There's some other good food options in the neighborhood if you're willing to walk a few minutes. More local options too, not your typical tourist fare.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 1:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Currently at the Le Méridien in Rome and the Premier Suite is a fairly decent size so that was a pleasant upgrade. Free minibar (at least the first time) and friendly staff, not much else I need from a hotel!

Haven't checked out the rooftop bar however there are a lot of promotions of the staff dancing to Paparazzi by Lady Gaga in the lifts… took me by surprise at first! (The rooftop bar is called Paparazzi).
Old Nov 13, 2023, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
It would appear that I am leaning more and more toward the W since the restaurant is so good! I am a Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium so may be they will give me something better than the tiny room that everyone seems to be dreading
Old Nov 14, 2023, 4:27 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
It would appear that I am leaning more and more toward the W since the restaurant is so good! I am a Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium so may be they will give me something better than the tiny room that everyone seems to be dreading
Just curious….you mentioned the food in the hotel restaurant. Are you referring to breakfast only? You will be in one of the world’s finest food cities.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 4:32 am

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Just curious….you mentioned the food in the hotel restaurant. Are you referring to breakfast only? You will be in one of the world’s finest food cities.
The W’s restaurant , Giano, is actually really good. You can google it yourself. I don’t think u should eat there every night but it’s definitely one of the better restaurants in Rome.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by williamluk
The W’s restaurant , Giano, is actually really good. You can google it yourself. I don’t think u should eat there every night but it’s definitely one of the better restaurants in Rome.
That’s fair…

And, everyone has their preferences!

I just love to wonder neighborhoods in Rome and find at local trattoria (not where many tourists go) and just order whatever the specials of the day are. Roman food is so special, especially at many of the family trattorias
Old Nov 14, 2023, 8:31 am

I am a regular visitor to Italy, and I often commented to my Italian friends and business partners that it is nearly impossible to have a bad meal in their country.

But I value having a GREAT restaurant right in the hotel, and not just for breakfast! And Giano in the W can be the tie breaker for me to decide on which hotel to choose.

I was in Florence last year at the Hotel Regency (Small Luxury Hotels, affiliated with Hyatt) and their small and unassuming Restaurant Relais Le Jardin was so astonishingly good that it was such pleasure to have a great meal after a long day and then walk upstairs to your room!
Old Mar 26, 2024, 2:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, United Premier Silver, National Executive Elite
I'm deciding in June between the Westin Excelsior and the Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora. Westin is €1400 and Marriott is €1700 for two nights.

The Marriott room is the Oval Junior Suite, Westin is Deluxe Guest Room. It's myself, my wife and our 5 year old. Thoughts on which way I should lean? I have Nightly Upgrade Awards that I'd plan to use for either. I'd be open to a third option but don't want to spend more than €1700 and as everyone knows, with three in a room it's tough to find. I currently have two nights booked at the Regency Rome for €900 but it's for two people and from reading through this forum and others, it seems like it's a really bad idea to arrive at an Italy hotel and cross your fingers when you have one extra, even if they're five.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.