Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotel Punta Islita, Autograph Collection, Costa Rica [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Punta Islita, Autograph Collection, Costa Rica [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:02 am

Are all the activities still included in the cost? Receiving some mixed info from the resort.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 5:03 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, AA Platinum, United Silver
Originally Posted by nohbdy
Are all the activities still included in the cost? Receiving some mixed info from the resort.
I understand from my wife that they are moving some activities away from being included, such as the zip lining, but that depends on when you booked.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 9:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by esc2476
I understand from my wife that they are moving some activities away from being included, such as the zip lining, but that depends on when you booked.
Interesting development. We have a return trip planned for October. My confirmation [booked in Nov. 2019] has a note that indicates activities, including zipline, are included. Will make sure to keep my reservation as is [and my printed confirmation].

We stayed a couple of years ago and had some ups and downs. Most issues had to do with Spring Break crowds so hoping for a mellower experience this go around. The activities are a great value and the staff were fantastic.

Coming from San Jose this time and will have 3 nights somewhere in between. Trying to sort that part out now...
Old Jan 27, 2020, 9:42 am

This is the last place I would go on spring break. Way too quiet.
CCIE_Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:00 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman

Coming from San Jose this time and will have 3 nights somewhere in between. Trying to sort that part out now...
Are you looking for a resort or a Costa Rica experience, have you been to Monteverde or the Punta Islita sister property El Silencio?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 4:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, AA Platinum, United Silver
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Are you looking for a resort or a Costa Rica experience, have you been to Monteverde or the Punta Islita sister property El Silencio?
I have done both and are both terrific options. On our most recent trip (less than a week ago), we stayed at the Senda in Monteverde which was terrific. Reminded me of El Silencio.

I am also very surprised spring breakers would choose Punta Islita. It is a really quiet hotel.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Oh, that's too bad about all the activities no longer included. I don't see yoga, mixology (free happy hour), horseback riding, or zip lining on the brief included list. We enjoyed all of those on our two stays. It really made it a great value.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 10:24 pm

Programs: United 1P
Originally Posted by esc2476
When did the change happen?
Old Jan 29, 2020, 8:09 am

I booked December 15th and all activities are included.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:39 am

Programs: United 1k, Bonvoy Ambassador
Airport open?

Is the punta islita airport open? Is nature air out of business? What is the best way to get here?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by areale
Is the punta islita airport open? Is nature air out of business? What is the best way to get here?
I prefer renting a car and driving from Liberia. SUV is highly recommended, however.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by kgkg
When did the change happen?
. Im not sure.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by areale
Nature Air is out of business post crash: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nature_Air_Flight_9916

Last week I drove from Liberia to the hotel in just under three hours. The last half hour was on dirt roads. I also suggest an SUV.. Try the excellent Roots Bakery in Samara on your way. The cinnamon roll was fantastic. Stock up on goodies in Samara as there is nothing near the hotel.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 12:17 pm

Programs: United 1k, Bonvoy Ambassador
Thanks everyone!
Old Feb 19, 2020, 4:50 pm

I have a standard room booked on points. Can anyone tell me the difference between the jr suite and the jr suite premium? From this thread, it seems like it's $100 or $150, respectively, for an upgrade and I'm curious what the extra $50 gets you. I don't want to chance a Titanium upgrade not coming through so I'm hoping to secure it in advance. Also, I've emailed them a couple of times this week but haven't heard back - sounds like a phone call is the best way to secure the upgrade? Thanks, all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.