Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Fiji Resort & Spa, Tokoriki Island [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Fiji Resort & Spa, Tokoriki Island [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:33 pm
Community Director Emerita

A report shortly after the resort opened spoke of a wet landing. Is it now possible to come by boat and have a dry landing?

Is it possible to leave here and get to the airport for an 8am departure?

How do we get here from the Marriott?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Going

we are going in April from LAX with a few families and kids. Will provide an update. What’s strange is we are taking the ferry, but they basically say it’s up to us to get ourselves from the airport to the ferry? Would have thought they would help with that. Trying to use SNA as well. Let’s see.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by JBauer
we are going in April from LAX with a few families and kids. Will provide an update. What’s strange is we are taking the ferry, but they basically say it’s up to us to get ourselves from the airport to the ferry? Would have thought they would help with that. Trying to use SNA as well. Let’s see.
I will be in Fiji in August so I’m looking forward to hearing about your stay before deciding on whether to stay at Denuaru or Tokoriki for four days.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:57 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
A report shortly after the resort opened spoke of a wet landing. Is it now possible to come by boat and have a dry landing?

Is it possible to leave here and get to the airport for an 8am departure?

How do we get here from the Marriott?
Unless things have changed, the only way to get a dry landing is to take a helicopter and arrive on the helipad. All other tenders seem to arrive to the beach; wet landing.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 11:00 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by JBauer
If I recall correctly, our hotel transportation booked through the hotel had us transferred from the airport to the reception pier. We were then provided a voucher to the Tokoriki.

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget

I will be in Fiji in August so I’m looking forward to hearing about your stay before deciding on whether to stay at Denuaru or Tokoriki for four days.
Based on staying at both, Tokoriki is miles above the Denaru. Tokoriki actually has a beach, a remote location, and is almost brand new (or recently renovated). Denaru has no real beach and the structures are quite dated. The only advantage is the mainland location and access to a greater variety of off property restaurants.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
We visited with 3 young kids and another family in April. We used SPG points to reserve a room, and were then upgraded to an ocean front villa as a Plat100 (beware they have murky room requirements about # of kids etc). Overall, an amazingly friendly staff led by a top-of-the-line Manager (Jokim sp?).

Arrival:
The day we arrived in Nadi a cyclone hit and all the boats were cancelled. We went to the main island Sheraton and it was dreadful - and fully booked. After hours of pleading they finally gave us a room. I do want to say Jokim, the manager from Sheraton Tokoriki, was personally calling us and helping us secure a room here. Great service. He even called us private boats to try to get us to his island. We caught a boat the next morning and missed 24 hours on the island. The bought is not the hotel’s boat, but beware they sometimes stop at 5-6 islands and it takes way longer than the quoted 60 minutes (beware especially if you are catching a flight, as the boat runs on island time). When our boat finally “docked,” you have to jump out in the shallows, Jokim was waiting for both our families on the beach and personal walked us to our rooms without ever checking in. That’s nice service.

The Rooms:
When we entered the room we were surprised by 6 staff members with instruments playing in our room with balloons, a cake and decorations (our kids birthday). That was quite a surprise.

They have some confusing rooms and configurations. We had an ocean front villa, connected to a back non ocean front room, making it 2 bed and 2 bath. Not huge, but clean and nice space.

Most shocking, the rooms have free on demand new release movies, which is great.

The Beach:
The beach here is stunning. The ocean is like glass. It rivals anything we have seen all over the world. The snorkeling is fine, may not be that amazing if you’ve been around the world, but still a great activity. Buying the water sports package is a no brained. I will say, of the entire staff, the only non helpful and lazy people were the water sports team. They just stand around. Hardly even help you drag boats and paddle boards around.

Pool:
Small-ish. But very nice. Plenty of sun chairs for everyone. A little cool - but good when its hot out. They have free water. Nice set-up.

Kids Club:
This is a highlight. Now, the club itself is sparsely populated. Not many toys, and has one of the funniest poorly translated signs I’ve ever seen (it literally says: “No running in the kids club. No playing in the kids club.”

overall. A great family spot.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
If I recall correctly, our hotel transportation booked through the hotel had us transferred from the airport to the reception pier. We were then provided a voucher to the Tokoriki.

Based on staying at both, Tokoriki is miles above the Denaru. Tokoriki actually has a beach, a remote location, and is almost brand new (or recently renovated). Denaru has no real beach and the structures are quite dated. The only advantage is the mainland location and access to a greater variety of off property restaurants.
I've booked the Tokoriki for the 25-27th and will be utilizing the late check out guarantee since I'm taking the 4pm ferry back to Denarau on the 27th where I'll then be staying at the Westin for one night before flying to Samoa.

Thanks for sharing your experience as I'm looking forward to some R&R on a secluded beach and doing some scuba diving in the area.
worldtraveller73 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:34 pm

I have nothing to say but wonderful things about the Sheraton Tokoriki Resort & Spa. The Staff at this Resort was top notch from the Concierges to the Chefs and they really care about the guests as we were well cared for from arrival to departure. SPG Members receievd a 10% discount on all F&B while Platinums received 20% so that was helpful and I will most certainly be coming back to the Sheraton Tokoriki one day based on this experience.

We originally had booked the Island Breeze Room Category and received our Platinum Premier upgrade to the Beachfront Room Category which featured our own private plunge pool and views of the beach right from our deck. They offered us the full breakfast which was quite generous as there was plenty of options as seen above in Worldtraveller73's post and we enjoyed our stay there as the Platinum recognition was wonderful with a bottle of champagne and chocolates on our first night there.

As Worldtraveller73 and several others have mentioned, one can walk over to the Tokoriki Island Resort for meals or to use their Scuba Diving Centre. We availed ourselves to their Dive centre and enjoyed some of the best diving that I have ever seen in this world with plenty of sharks and turtles.

All in together a wonderful stay and I can't wait to return to Fiji soon!
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:56 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I was hoping to stay here this week, but I emailed them a week ago on arranging transport to the island and never heard back and have now run out of time and have to stay at a much less interesting hotel. I don't know if the resort doesn't answer its email or whether the address listed on the Marriott email account is non-functional, but it just seems a bit of a waste.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I was hoping to stay here this week, but I emailed them a week ago on arranging transport to the island and never heard back and have now run out of time and have to stay at a much less interesting hotel. I don't know if the resort doesn't answer its email or whether the address listed on the Marriott email account is non-functional, but it just seems a bit of a waste.
Did you email them at [email protected]? They have been responsive to my recent inquiries. For my transfer, I just booked it myself with South Seas Cruises (SSC) and emailed the Sheraton to inform them of my ferry arrival time. Of course you can also book directly the helicopter or private ferry transfer if the SSC times don't work for you.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Yes, that was the address. Oh well...
Old Aug 20, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: QF LTS, TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Rollaway bed fee?

Hi all. I have a standard award booking coming up at this property - 2 adults and a 3 year old child.
In my booking I asked them if a rollaway bed could be arranged and received a response stating that it can be arranged depending on availability.

When I checked my reservation now on marriott.com I see that a FJ$375 (USD$200) charge has been added to the room. FJ$300 for rollaway bed fee and FJ$75 for government fees and charges.

Have any of you been charged with such a rollaway bed fee? I just stayed in Sheraton Stockholm where the reception kindly arranged a rollaway without any extra charges, so this came as a surprise.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 11:07 pm

Did you manage to book the room for three people, or was it for two in the system?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 11:56 pm

Programs: QF LTS, TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Did you manage to book the room for three people, or was it for two in the system?
It shows for 2 people like a standard rewards booking. I always interpreted it to mean two adults, not counting a toddler.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 11:34 am

Stayed here recently, not a bad property, a nice place to relax and refresh. Food was very tasty and not all that unreasonably priced given the location. Nice beach on the right half of the property. Quite a ways to swim out to the drop off, but they will ferry you out on the seadoo. Room was a nice size as was the washroom.

Service was slow and inattentive. Ask for conditioner for room, get 8 bottles of shampoo and body lotion. Did not replenish in-room water without asking daily. Housekeeping in general was very poor. At dinner the server came back to ask if she had already taken our order, twice, in one night? Yes, you did! The bar service is sooooooo slow! I pointed out all of the service failures in my survey and said the property lacked an attention to detail... the rooms manager emailed me and referred to me by the wrong name so it shows a pretty poor top down service focus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.