Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Viewline Resort Snowmass, Autograph Collection (formerly Westin) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Viewline Resort Snowmass, Autograph Collection (formerly Westin) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2013, 7:26 pm

Stayed here last week, midsummer, place half full, but no plat suite upgrade. Rooms are ok, but charging a resort fee to use a tiny pool and hot tubs seems extreme. Not coming back here.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:27 pm
ski

Wildwood Snowmass now HI Express

Believe Wildwood is now rebranded as HI Express Snowmass. Awful stay last March and could not believe it was part of Starwood. Westin is very nice.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, DL Silver, EY Gold, Kimpton IC, SPG Plat
I agree with ski. Stay at the Westin. I had a great five night stay recently. Upgraded to a one bedroom, new restaurant is tasty and location is perfect if you're there for the mountain.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 4:28 pm

News: The Wildwood property is now a Holiday Inn Express. No longer is this a SPG property.

Length of stay: 5nts/6day
Dates: 12/19-12/24
Upgrade: Deluxe Pinnacle Room for entire duration of stay. Valley view. Not much of an upgrade.
SNA: Due to my stay, it was booked as 4 stays. 3 individual nights as earned night awards. 2 nights as 12k points per night redemption. All of the SNA's were declined except for one. I eventually declined this SNA to be applied, because I did not want to switch rooms and wait for a junior suite to be cleaned

Pros: Second to none for access. This is a true ski in/ski out property. Starbucks is open 6 AM till 6PM in the winter, except for Sunday. I am a huge fan of Starbucks. The staff were generally on point and very helpful. Ski valet was very prompt with every interaction.

Valet was mostly responsive, but I could see them prefer to take cars from larger/wealthier looking parties (pull up in Infiniti or Benz or better for best service).
The "service express" aka dial 0, picked up every time but once or twice. You need to use them to reach ski valet, car valet, in room service, spa, etc.

Cons: Property has some signs of wear.
E.G. Windows facing the valley did not open/shut easily. Nearly every hotel room door has what you might consider excessive signs of wear/abuse. Snowmass Kitchen has visible signs of water damage near the windows and took over 1 hour for lunch one day (Venga Venga (mexican place) we had a 32 minute in and out lunch). The lunch was comped, but it looked like we had been forgotten about, with larger parties coming and going before we even received our food. We were visiting around Christmas and the decorations were a little light. I was just at the Element in Las Vegas and the decorating was tactfully done and very welcoming.

The elevator is painfully slow. It will not be uncommon to see ghost elevators just open up on your floor as people have left and walked the stairwell. This might be the most active stairwell you will ever see in a hotel ever.

The outside pool became quite icy and you needed to be very careful walking around it to get to the hot tub. One hot tub had lights burnt out, and between the lights burnt out, glass left behind by other guests, and the ice - it became a bit dangerous. If any lawyers want a good lawsuit........

It would be appreciated if the hotel would have regular checks for room service/glass by the pool to be retrieved.

Comments: Hard to hate the property really. They are on point with most everything they offer, and will offer you a true ski in/ski out vacation. Don't expect them to go above and beyond to please you, or upgrade you. I did visit at a pretty busy time. Although there appeared to be larger rooms not in use that would have definitely been an upgrade for us. The biggest complaints are the wear on the property (when its so close to its refresh date), Snowmass Kitchen was not that fast for service (and their definition of a Margarita Pizza is definitely not consistent with the rest of the world), and you might get better service if you pull up in a luxury vehicle from Europe. Every business unit at the hotel seems like they could use a +1 during peak season. Everyone is busy and you may be on the backburner here at times. I bet the Viceroy doesn't have this problem.

Last edited by factory81; Jan 1, 2015 at 11:12 am
Old Dec 27, 2014, 12:07 am

Programs: United-1K, Million Miler; SPG-Titanium and Lifetime Platinum; Globalist
I am in Aspen a few times per year and continue to skip the Westin. I never hear anything positive, and the reviews of friends are consistently terrible.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, DL Silver, EY Gold, Kimpton IC, SPG Plat
I've had a good stay there but it wasn't busy.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 8:28 pm

I don't think my stay was bad per se. This isn't the Ritz Carlton or St. Regis. I do think it was a bummer they couldn't fix the water damage by the windows in snowmass kitchen. The doors in such poor shape is also a bummer. But this is a highly utilized resort, and I think if you set your expectations based on your time of stay - you will probably get what you expect.

if you go in the off season and apply a SNA, I bet you will have great luck.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Any recent experiences here? Considering this as I want to spend most of my time on the mountain.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 4:55 pm

Do it, as a cat 5 with prices that can be $300~/nt, it is a decent bargain.

There are enough restaurants in the Snowmass village to keep you busy for a week. The access to the mountain is second to none.

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Any recent experiences here? Considering this as I want to spend most of my time on the mountain.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
We are thinking of booking here for January 2016, seems like a bargain at 12k points or $110+6k. A few questions:

(1) Has anyone stayed in the standard room with 2 adults & 2 children? Looks a bit tight.

(2) Do they offer UFC (upgrades for cash) in advance of your stay?

(3) Any other tips for families who ski?

We are thinking about pre-purchasing the Mountain Collective ski pass as it offer 3 days at Aspen/Snowmass + 2 days at our local Lake Tahoe resort (Squaw Valley) and 50% off add'l days. Plus children's passes are $1 ^

(Other questions deleted - answered on Westin/St. Regis comparison thread)

Note to moderator: Maybe time to split out the Wildwood posts as that property is not a Westin and no longer part of SPG - makes for a very confusing read.

Last edited by Boraxo; Mar 6, 2016 at 5:46 pm
Old Mar 13, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
Westin Snowmass- anyone been?

I'm staying there this week, as I have for the last several years, and all accounts are on the mark. I travel alone, but it seems to me would be pretty tight with a family in most rooms. However, I am also a mountain collective pass holder and it's a great value to accompany your trip. Enjoy!
Old Aug 4, 2016, 5:56 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Any updates on this property?

Wondering how the Platinum treatment is?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 4:49 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dshafiee
Wondering how the Platinum treatment is?
Nice Platinum treatment when I stayed 3 weeks ago. SNA upgrade to large suite with slope view cleared 5 days out, platinum breakfast was 18$/pers (given to all 4 people in room !) which covered Continental BF incl. coffee&juice, or any hot dish ex. drinks. Good quality food.

Late checkout not needed and thus not requested.

All staff was friendly and helpful (but very junior, international and somewhat untrained), and the property and service level was as nice as you'd expect from the Westin brand.

Lots of great outdoors summertime activities recommended by knowledgeable concierge.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
So we went ahead and booked this property with points for NYE ^

Speaking of which, any tips for New Years Eve? Last year it appears that you could drop children at the Treehouse Center, and I see there is also a party at Buttermilk bumps though I doubt we'll want to trek into Aspen.

Also our flight arrives just after 10pm. Will we have any trouble getting the shuttle (supposedly included in resort fee)?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by Boraxo
So we went ahead and booked this property with points for NYE ^

Speaking of which, any tips for New Years Eve? Last year it appears that you could drop children at the Treehouse Center, and I see there is also a party at Buttermilk bumps though I doubt we'll want to trek into Aspen.

Also our flight arrives just after 10pm. Will we have any trouble getting the shuttle (supposedly included in resort fee)?
I'll be here on NYE too. Let me know what you find out. Are you flying into ASE or DEN? I wish DEN had a shuttle.

Last edited by BostonFlyer1624; Sep 27, 2016 at 10:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.