Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sao Paulo Airport Marriott Hotel, Brazil [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sao Paulo Airport Marriott Hotel, Brazil [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:28 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Anyone stayed at this hotel recently? We are planning to do so for a day in July. Is the airport shuttle still running? The website is not very clear. What are the options to get from GRU to this Marriott Sao Paulo Airport hotel?

Thanks
Old Jul 16, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Originally Posted by ACC2008
Anyone stayed at this hotel recently? We are planning to do so for a day in July. Is the airport shuttle still running? The website is not very clear. What are the options to get from GRU to this Marriott Sao Paulo Airport hotel?

Thanks
Bumping this up to see if anyone can respond? Is someone from Marriott who watches there posts and responds?
I called the reservations but they are about as helpful as a flower pot! After waiting 18 minutes, they just gave me the hotel number which I got it from the website.
Thanks
Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: BAEC GfL, Marriott Bonvoy TfL
If all else fails, you can take an airport taxi. You will be incredibly unpopular, as it's a 5 minute drive for a small fare, and they then go to the back of a long queue for the next run. But, certainly in the pre-COVID days - and in the pre-Terminal 3 days - I would kill long connections by coming here for lunch, as it used to do a very decent buffet, far better than anything in the old GRU food offerings. Not sure I would do that now, with the T3 hospitality options. I was last at this property in July 18, and I would recommend the gym as well; the rooms were going through the last phase of refurbishment I think - I was certainly in a refurbed room. The hotel was, at least, a very pleasant break from GRU, relatively close by.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by Steve74
If all else fails, you can take an airport taxi. You will be incredibly unpopular, as it's a 5 minute drive for a small fare, and they then go to the back of a long queue for the next run. But, certainly in the pre-COVID days - and in the pre-Terminal 3 days - I would kill long connections by coming here for lunch, as it used to do a very decent buffet, far better than anything in the old GRU food offerings. Not sure I would do that now, with the T3 hospitality options. I was last at this property in July 18, and I would recommend the gym as well; the rooms were going through the last phase of refurbishment I think - I was certainly in a refurbed room. The hotel was, at least, a very pleasant break from GRU, relatively close by.
I agree! Haven't been since 2019 but went at least once a year for 5 years before that. If I had 6+ hours at GRU I'd always go to the Marriott. Was put up here by Delta after volunteering off the flight for a voucher a few times! Great buffet, great gym (you can shower after a workout) and you can use the pool if you don't ask first
There are some other nice hotels around like the Pullman, not sure if it's similar. Agree that Uber would be ok from GRU but the driver will have waited a long time for the fare and then instead of a 45 minute drive to town they've got a 10 min drive to the Marriott!
Steve74 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:26 pm

These were the instructions for the shuttle given by the front desk on in-app messaging.

The hotel offers a courtesy shuttle service from the hotel to the airport(round trip) that runs from 06:00 AM until 00:00 AM, with a shuttleavailable every 30 minutes through all the 3 Airport Terminals.
On terminal 01 - Leaving the Airport through the arrival section, you canwait on the second sidewalk in the beginning of terminal;
On terminal 02 - Leaving the airport through the arrival section, you maywait at the bus terminal located on the east side. (End of the terminal)You may cross the lanes and go straight ahead to the parking lot, wherethe Bus Terminal is located at, would be on your right side.
On Terminal 03 - Leaving the airport through the arrival section, you maywait on the third sidewalk, at the beginning of the terminal. The shuttlestays parked for a few minutes at this terminal.
Shuttle was prob the cleanest and newest shuttle I've ever set foot in.

Last edited by homewerk; Jul 19, 2023 at 1:57 am
Old Jul 16, 2023, 3:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hi,

Any recents stays here?

It is worth paying for EL access? It is working on weekends?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.