Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sao Paulo Airport Marriott Hotel, Brazil [Master Thread]

Old Feb 29, 2004, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I will be finishing a holiday in Brazil and leaving from GRU. I will be staying a day in Sao Paulo and want to stay close to the airport for convenience.

Does anyone know if there are tours to the city available at this airport hotel?

Thanks.
Old May 25, 2008, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can anyone provide opinions on this property. The rooms look rather dated and Im not sure about the benefits of being on the club level here. But, my layover is rather short so there's little time to venture into the city.
Old May 26, 2008, 1:34 am
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Thumbs up See the city, nothing at the airport but planes.

I have stayed overnight at the GRU Marriott, when I was getting a Upper Respiratory Infection and the plane was having delays due to air conditioning for one of the engines. It was OK for a 24 hour bed rest.

Have also stayed a week at the Renaissance in the city, which was very nice. Nice lounge also. Plan on staying here in Sept again. Far more interesting location in the city center. Airport shuttle is not too bad, especially if you can pick a weekend day to make the trips, rather then stay at the airport., which has very little other then convenience to checkin.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 8:44 pm

Programs: AS Emerald; UA 1MM; Hilton Gold; Marriott Platinum
Shuttle to airport in AM?

I read somewhere that the shuttle, from the airport Hotel, to the airport does not start running until 6AM, - I have a 6:45AM departure, so obviously need to be at the airport earlier than the shuttle can take me.
So question is, Is a taxi easy to get and what is the approximate cost?
Second question - did anyone find any tours to do from the hotel?
Old Jul 30, 2008, 3:01 pm

GRU is too far from anything you might want to see in the city itself. Traffic is a nightmare in Sao Paolo and you have to allow alot of time for this.

I would highly recommend the SP Ren and taking a cab to the airport. There is alot around that area by the Ren.

Be careful, it's a rather dangerous city, but alot of fun, and alot to see.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lhiltz
I read somewhere that the shuttle, from the airport Hotel, to the airport does not start running until 6AM, - I have a 6:45AM departure, so obviously need to be at the airport earlier than the shuttle can take me.
So question is, Is a taxi easy to get and what is the approximate cost?
Second question - did anyone find any tours to do from the hotel?
Can anyone else comment on the airport shuttle? I have a 5.45am flight and was hoping this shuttle was 24 hours or at least on request during the early morning hours.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am also thinking of taking the shuttle from the airport to the hotel for a long layover to grab a nice buffet lunch and possibly sit by the pool or book a day room. Has anyone done this before? Do you have to call the shuttle or does it make regular rounds?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:06 pm
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Thumbs up Check with the Hotel listing or call the hotel for latest information!

I don't know what the Marriott shuttle hours are, but the Hotel is very close to the airport!
A phone call to the front desk would get the current hours for the shuttle.
Better then depending on out of date information on this string!
Old Jul 24, 2012, 2:55 pm

Any other recent stays at this property?
Old Dec 4, 2012, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
My family and I will be staying at this hotel on 12/26 - I will post the current practice with respect to the shuttle as we have a 5am flight on 12/27 and require the shuttle's use.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by george 3
My family and I will be staying at this hotel on 12/26 - I will post the current practice with respect to the shuttle as we have a 5am flight on 12/27 and require the shuttle's use.
Was there a few months back, shuttle started at 0600 I believe.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 1:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Anyone have an update on the exec lounge - ie, is it open on the weekends? If not, are brekkie coupons provided? Is it key accessible for soft drinks if closed? Are there i-net terminals or free wifi in the lounge. Please report & I'll update the sticky.

Cheers.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Staying here this evening

Thought I'd provide an update:

Pre arrival: as I was coming in from ZRH (12 hours in coach ) I requested 10am check in via VC, email reply/confirmation within 20 mins ^

Arrival: recognised as plat, points, beverage voucher, "upgrade" & later a light snack delivered to the room ^

Room: upgraded to what looks like one of their Jnr Suites; king bed, sofa, dining table, balcony - HOWEVER these rooms (1st -3rd floor *14-*26) ** overlook the freeway - I'd recommend that folks ask for a pool view & decline the upgrade as the noise levels are excessive

Lounge: SUNDAY - FRIDAY, 6am - 10pm CLOSED SATURDAYS
Room key access, staff always on hand
Breakfast (details to follow), soft drinks during the day, evening o'dourves & a limited selection of beer/wine in the evening

Shuttle: 6am start, however as others have stated you are a 5 min cab ride from the airport

Summary: a good "airport hotel", hassle free & very secure (gated compound, guys in black suits at every public entrance)

** that's the 2nd - 4th floors for my American friends, but please note that the lobby is floor 0
Old May 5, 2014, 12:38 am

Programs: BA BD SA
I have just booked a room with lounge access and the booking contains the following comprehensive information about the lounge times and offerings:
Additional Information
** Executive Lounge Access Everyday ** RECENTLY RENOVATED **
- EXECUTIVE LOUNGE SERVICES *NOW AVAILABLE EVERYDAY*
- Breakfast from 6am until 10am.
- Happy Hour from 6pm until 8pm.
- Evening Tea starting from 8pm - Sunday to Friday.
- Snacks and drinks all day long.
Not sure what "evening tea" consists of - or why it isn't offered on a Saturday. But the lounge sticky correctly shows the lounge as open on weekends.

The booking confirmation also says:
- Complimentary airport shuttle from 6am until 24pm
Old May 5, 2014, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA/CO-1KPlat, MARRIOTT-LT PLAT
No food services on Fri nite to Sun 5 PM would would be my guess like finger sandwiches or desserts! Common with most Marriotts.
Saturday guests go out for dinner, etc unlike the Business guests on weekdays, that take the offerings in the Lounge as Food.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.