Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Budapest, Hungary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2018, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Budapest Marriott email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2002, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS

Has anyone stayed here [Budapest Marriott]? Better than the Hyatt? Is there a concierge level and is it worth the additional charge?

Last edited by bdschobel; May 11, 2013 at 8:50 am Reason: added hotel name to merged thread
Old Mar 10, 2002, 11:39 pm
Patron

Budapest Marriott Hotel (Michelin: 5 stars) is located in the city-centre on the bank of the Danube. Most of the 360 rooms on ten floors enjoy a spectacular river view on the Danube. There is an Executive floor; I do not reserve such a room, I hoping for an upgrade. I cannot compare it to Hyatt.

Old Mar 11, 2002, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
This is a nice property. Underground garage is convenient, although fairly expensive. Location is prime (in Pest). There is a Concierge lounge - access was granted for a Gold fka Black member even though we stayed on a different floor.

I recommend it.
Old Apr 13, 2002, 10:32 am

Renaissance Budapest

Has anyone stayed at the Renaissance in Budapest? We wanted the Marriott, but it is booked. Is this as nice?
Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2002, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I've been to Budapest and never saw a Renaissance there. The Marriott web site doesn't show it.

Bruce
Old Apr 16, 2002, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BD Gold; Hyatt Dia; HH Dia; IC RA; AxCent
... or do you mean Prague? I've seen there is a marriott and Rennaissance just across from each other. And wonder which of them to go for.. as they are similar priced.

Any advise?
Old Apr 16, 2002, 8:51 pm

You're right! I was mixed up with Vienna. We did get a booking at the Marriott in Budapest and have been told it is beautiful and in a good location. Any comments?
Suzanne
Old Apr 17, 2002, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I've stayed at the Budapest Marriott several times. It's a very nice hotel in an excellent location, right on the Danube. At least one Metro stop is within walking distance. The Concierge Lounge is better than most.

Bruce
Old Jun 13, 2002, 3:49 pm

Any advice on Budapest Marriott?

HI! Anyone been there, have advice on rooms, or if the 'executive club floor' is worth the extra price?

Thanks.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice hotel, excellent location, executive floor definitely worth the extra price. Search on this hotel, and you will find other threads with similar comments.

Bruce
Old Jun 15, 2002, 5:31 am
Patron

www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001517.html

Old Oct 29, 2002, 12:11 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Budapest

Has anyone stayed at this property, which I believe is along the river bank in a central location. I have never been to Budapest, so I am curious if this is a really good hotel and if there are any great deals. Rate is being quoted is high, like E240.
Old Oct 29, 2002, 1:29 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
This is one of the best Marriotts I have ever stayed at and its definitely amongst the best in the city. Try and get a room overlooking the courtyard - its fun to people watch.
Old Oct 29, 2002, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
An additional advantage is that by staying there, you won't have to look at the building, which I find relatively ugly in terms of its appearance on the Budapest skyline.

That said, I enjoyed my stay at this property. A well-stocked concierge lounge.
Old May 30, 2003, 9:17 pm

Although I didn't stay here, I wanted to mention that this Marriott hotel is in a KILLER location. Absolutely dynamite. I stayed at the Mercure Hotel on the Buda side that wasn't nearly as interesting. The Marriott Appartments are in a great location also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.