FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Budapest, Hungary (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/137414-marriott-bonvoy-hotels-budapest-hungary.html)

JIMCHI Mar 10, 2002 10:48 pm

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Budapest, Hungary

Has anyone stayed here [Budapest Marriott]? Better than the Hyatt? Is there a concierge level and is it worth the additional charge?

Patron Mar 10, 2002 11:39 pm

Budapest Marriott Hotel (Michelin: 5 stars) is located in the city-centre on the bank of the Danube. Most of the 360 rooms on ten floors enjoy a spectacular river view on the Danube. There is an Executive floor; I do not reserve such a room, I hoping for an upgrade. I cannot compare it to Hyatt.

fastflyer Mar 11, 2002 12:09 pm

This is a nice property. Underground garage is convenient, although fairly expensive. Location is prime (in Pest). There is a Concierge lounge - access was granted for a Gold fka Black member even though we stayed on a different floor.

I recommend it.

Marriottmillionaire Apr 13, 2002 10:32 am

Renaissance Budapest

Has anyone stayed at the Renaissance in Budapest? We wanted the Marriott, but it is booked. Is this as nice?
Thanks.

bdschobel Apr 13, 2002 10:41 am

I've been to Budapest and never saw a Renaissance there. The Marriott web site doesn't show it.

Bruce

Expedient Apr 16, 2002 5:44 pm

... or do you mean Prague? I've seen there is a marriott and Rennaissance just across from each other. And wonder which of them to go for.. as they are similar priced.

Any advise?

Marriottmillionaire Apr 16, 2002 8:51 pm

You're right! I was mixed up with Vienna. We did get a booking at the Marriott in Budapest and have been told it is beautiful and in a good location. Any comments?
Suzanne

bdschobel Apr 17, 2002 6:31 am

I've stayed at the Budapest Marriott several times. It's a very nice hotel in an excellent location, right on the Danube. At least one Metro stop is within walking distance. The Concierge Lounge is better than most.

Bruce

socallalaland Jun 13, 2002 3:49 pm

Any advice on Budapest Marriott?

HI! Anyone been there, have advice on rooms, or if the 'executive club floor' is worth the extra price?

Thanks.

bdschobel Jun 13, 2002 4:13 pm

Nice hotel, excellent location, executive floor definitely worth the extra price. Search on this hotel, and you will find other threads with similar comments.

Bruce

Patron Jun 15, 2002 5:31 am

www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001517.html

100,000miler Oct 29, 2002 12:11 pm

Budapest

Has anyone stayed at this property, which I believe is along the river bank in a central location. I have never been to Budapest, so I am curious if this is a really good hotel and if there are any great deals. Rate is being quoted is high, like E240.

zakami Oct 29, 2002 1:29 pm

This is one of the best Marriotts I have ever stayed at and its definitely amongst the best in the city. Try and get a room overlooking the courtyard - its fun to people watch.

fastflyer Oct 29, 2002 3:27 pm

An additional advantage is that by staying there, you won't have to look at the building, which I find relatively ugly in terms of its appearance on the Budapest skyline.

That said, I enjoyed my stay at this property. A well-stocked concierge lounge.

SpuddBrother May 30, 2003 9:17 pm

Although I didn't stay here, I wanted to mention that this Marriott hotel is in a KILLER location. Absolutely dynamite. I stayed at the Mercure Hotel on the Buda side that wasn't nearly as interesting. The Marriott Appartments are in a great location also.