Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

List compiled by Muerz as of 1/29/2019 from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30713612-post595.html:
List updated by @rt23456p as of 1/03/2023, from https://www.marriott.com/en/destinations/beijing.mi , note that the Cat system is dead.

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Fairfield by Marriott Beijing Daxing Airport
  • Beijing Marriott Hotel Yanqing
  • Element Beijing Yanqing
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2008, 1:42 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite
No Availability At Marriotts for Olympics

Now, this is a real bummer. I just got two tickets to the Bejing Olympics Opening Ceremony and can't get a room at any of the Marriotts...even as Platinum member for 5 years. Has anyone been able to get a room or use their Platinum Override with any success?
Old Feb 9, 2008, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
During the Olympics? Good luck but I think you're SOL unless you get some last minute availability that opens up because of an abundance of supply for whatever reason.
Marriott is not alone in the policy of "special event" lack of availability.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 6:07 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
If I recall correctly I seem to remember a thread a while back that said NBC had contracted at least one of the Marriott properties for housing its staff. If you are related to Tom, I would check with him and see if he can get you in under their event. Other properties are no doubt contracted with various Olympics related companies, the Olympics themselves, and/or Travel Agencies that have put together packages.

Check links below - the first 3 have Courtyard packages, the last one didn't list Marriott but I included it anyway:

http://www.sportstraveler.net/custom..._packages.html

http://www.finethingspackages.com/ol..._packages.html

http://www.superbowl-rooms.com/olymp...modations.html

http://www.roadtrips.com/?screen=scn...FRIUagodOhYKCg

Good luck
Old Feb 9, 2008, 11:30 am

Big article in todays WSJ that indicates there are rooms at the Courtyard Beijing if you are willing to part with $600+/nt.

I recall from my own experiences in Athens for the 2004 Olympics that most of the 'name' hotels had been reserved by the media (NBC, etc.).

I did not find a lot of hotel space opening up at the last minute, but if I were you, I'd make a part-time job out of it and just keep a running list of hotels and call or check their websites daily. As the Games get closer, something might open up but you'll have to be fast.

I did find decent game-day availability during the Athens Olympics for lots of second-tier sports (fencing, field hockey, etc.), just FYI.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 11:29 am

Programs: UA1K, UC. AA- EXP, AC, Avis First, Marriott Plat Premier, HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
If I recall correctly I seem to remember a thread a while back that said NBC had contracted at least one of the Marriott properties for housing its staff.
That was my experience last year. NBC took over the CY that I stay at (200+ nights last year) in Ottawa during the Stanley Cup and I could not get a room. They did find me a room on the other side of town at double the rate at the CY.

Chris
Old Feb 11, 2008, 4:41 am

Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
Saturday's WSJ had an article on this. There are a few hotels still under construction which have not yet started accepting reservations. One of them might have been Marriott. But, not, you are basically SOL. They did indicate there were lots of apartment rentals avail.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not that it matters but we got rooms at a marriott during the SLC olympics. Made them a year out without problem.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Will stay here in June9-13

We got a rate of US70 per night on priceline bidding. But i probably paid too much. Does anyone have an email contact for this hotel?
Old Feb 13, 2008, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by mleef
Just finished up a 5 night stay at the courtyard beijing and I was very pleased. It is true that the rooms are tired (worn carpets, bathrooms need work), but everything you read on tripadvisor, expedia, etc about non-english speaking staff is unfounded. Staff was excellent, hotel is in a very good location, and service level is far superior to a US courtyard. bang for the buck this is a winner.
Thanks for the update. I do like the location as so many posters and yourself have noted.
Any thoughts on upgrades and the Concierge lounge, in room internet access etc. Thanks.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
We got a rate of US70 per night on priceline bidding. But i probably paid too much. Does anyone have an email contact for this hotel?
I don't have the email addr. Sorry.
Wow, that's is a great deal ^
By June, the renovation should be completed (per one former post). If history serves as any guide, this property will probably raise its category to CAT 4, that means your deal is even better.

Was it easy to win priceline bid?

Last edited by allset2travel; Feb 13, 2008 at 3:02 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 13, 2008, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was way too easy and that is what scared me. Now after my bid was confirmed I went to read terrible reviews on tripadvisor. I need to send the hotel an email regarding confirmation, room type etc. I wish someone has an email for this property. So will the renovations be completed for all rooms? The price is $C70 per night plus tax, still coming up to C$83.

But what surprised me was that when doing a search on Priceline this hotel was never mentioned in the search but when I placed my bid it popped up so fast.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here is the email address:

[email protected]

It id for the Director of Sales Management.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 1:08 pm

If you are a member of Marriott Rewards program (could not tell from your handle), you can call MR and ask the CSR to link your reservation to your account. After that, your priceline reservation will show up in your MR account.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks allset2travel. I do see my reservation linked. Now, priceline rooms accomodate 2 guests if I am correct.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks allset2travel. I do see my reservation linked. Now, priceline rooms accomodate 2 guests if I am correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.