Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Pre-2019 - Marriott-family hotels in Tokyo, Japan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott-family hotels in "xx" means all Marriott brand hotels in that city. It does not mean hotels that are family friendly, although there could be some family friendly ones on the list. But it refers to the various brands. Marriott-family hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc, & trip reports are usually in the property specific threads."
Print Wikipost

Pre-2019 - Marriott-family hotels in Tokyo, Japan

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
I like the idea of staying in one place, but think I'd suggest Osaka rather than Kyoto if you figure on doing day trips as it's a little closer to other places (and I feel like hotels will be cheaper).
Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks to everyone who chimed in so quickly. We are flying home out of Narita, so we might as well see a bit of Tokyo. Perhaps this will just give us a glimpse and we can allow for a longer visit next time! I booked the Prince Sakura based on the recommendations here for the larger room. Thanks so much! I really appreciate the last minute advice.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:33 am

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
We (family of three) stayed at the New Otani (the Main) for a week in March 2010. Corner room, high floor, amazing stay, great hotel.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:09 am

Tokyo - Hotels with good club lounge?

Staying in Tokyo for 4-5 nights mid next month and looking for a hotel with a good club lounge / drinks included, breakfast included.

I'm open to a paid stay (<$400-500 night) or point stay. I have HH, Marriot/Ritz, SPG Gold Elite.

Right now I'm looking at the Hilton Shinjuku, Conrad, & Sheraton Miyako, Marriot, Prince Sakura. Any better options or opinions amongst those?
Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:22 am

Only Tokyo Marriott I can comment on is Tokyo Station Courtyard but it's probably too frugal for you. $200 CAD/n and in lieu of a formal lounge, 2 hours of unlimited made to order appetizers from the lounge (many offerings that would be considered entrees in most places) as well as variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks + restaurant breakfast. All Western options.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The Prince Sakura Tower in Shinagawa has a decent lounge, with an evening spred that's not too bad. Plus cocktails, beers and wine. As a platinum I had the option to go to the main restaurant for breakfast, so I never saw the lounge breakfast.

Tokyo Marriott also does a decent enough lounge, though it has bren a couple of years since I was there. Again, free cocktails, beer and wine.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer

Tokyo Marriott also does a decent enough lounge, though it has bren a couple of years since I was there. Again, free cocktails, beer and wine.
I was there a couple of months ago. Lounge offerings were good, but the ground-floor room itself was a bit cramped, especially Friday and Saturday (had to wait to get in). They are remodeling an upper floor area for a new lounge, supposed to be open in the Spring of 2018, as I recall.

It's a really nice hotel.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The Prince Sakura Tower in Shinagawa has a decent lounge, with an evening spred that's not too bad. Plus cocktails, beers and wine. As a platinum I had the option to go to the main restaurant for breakfast, so I never saw the lounge breakfast.

I would also recommend the Prince Sakura Towers. We just had a 7 night reward stay as Marriott Gold, and got free lounge access with breakfast as well for family of 4 at the lounge. It is also slightly more convenient location than Marriott Tokyo as it is closer to Shinagawa station. Also the rooms at Sakura is bigger.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I would think the Ritz-Carlton would have the best lounge, but I have no idea of their club room pricing.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I would think the Ritz-Carlton would have the best lounge, but I have no idea of their club room pricing.
Hi
I suspect it will be $$$$! ( ie from 7th to 9th Jan it is averaging 69,000 yen or 61,000 yen for a MR member (about 17,000 yen above the basic room rate)

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
I would say get a bed where you need/want to be in town and spend your money on some of the most incredible food on the planet. With that budget you could get solid hotel and some amazing meals. Just my opinion though.

I am Hilton regular and the lounge is pretty decent. Nice place for pre dinner drink.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
...I am Hilton regular and the lounge is pretty decent. Nice place for pre dinner drink.
Assuming you are referring to the Shinjuku Hilton (and not the Conrad), may I ask how do you rate their evening canapes & snacks? I have stayed there a few times, but always found the lounge fare to be mediocre at best, if not downright poor. The Conrad on the other hand had reasonable food in the lounge, although the space is too small.

So I will be glad to get another opinion.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by puchong
Assuming you are referring to the Shinjuku Hilton (and not the Conrad), may I ask how do you rate their evening canapes & snacks? I have stayed there a few times, but always found the lounge fare to be mediocre at best, if not downright poor. The Conrad on the other hand had reasonable food in the lounge, although the space is too small.

So I will be glad to get another opinion.
I would agree in saying that that food is very mediocre but I enjoy the space and the treatment from staff once they get to know you.You cannot beat a nice sunset drink from the lounge overlooking Shinjuki and Mt Fuji. I generally do not eat in lounges. Agreed also that the Conrad lounge is too small although I have not stayed in a while and believe it may have been extended.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Originally Posted by Nazdoom
Only Tokyo Marriott I can comment on is Tokyo Station Courtyard but it's probably too frugal for you. $200 CAD/n and in lieu of a formal lounge, 2 hours of unlimited made to order appetizers from the lounge (many offerings that would be considered entrees in most places) as well as variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks + restaurant breakfast. All Western options.
I have stayed there and was satisfied with accommodations and offerings.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 3:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I'm trying to decide between the Prince Sakura Tower and Yokohama Bay Sheraton for a future 7-night award stay. We're quite comfortable with the Japanese subway and train systems, so I consider both hotels to have reasonable locations.
  • Cost (in SPG): Prince Sakura 80K, Sheraton 72K
  • Room size: 495 sqft for both
  • Panoramic corner room for Sheraton
  • Lounge access with Prince Sakura
  • I believe Prince Sakura will guarantee a non-smoking room
Does anyone have experience with both and have recommendations?

Last edited by mahasamatman; Jan 1, 2018 at 3:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.