Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Marriott Maida Vale, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Marriott Maida Vale, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2024, 10:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Also really liked this hotel. Used NUA to get an upgrade to the Presidential Suite, some photos below. Being able to use part of the restaurant as a lounge was nice: I received free barista-made coffee throughout my stay, although the food offering was a little limited. We ended up ordering some extra stuff off the menu (at a charge).

Old Mar 19, 2024, 10:42 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Yerumaa
Also really liked this hotel. Used NUA to get an upgrade to the Presidential Suite, some photos below. Being able to use part of the restaurant as a lounge was nice: I received free barista-made coffee throughout my stay, although the food offering was a little limited. We ended up ordering some extra stuff off the menu (at a charge).

I understand that there is an interconnecting door to the bedroom of that suite. That isn’t part of the suite but can be. Is that correct
Old Mar 19, 2024, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stuartpig
I understand that there is an interconnecting door to the bedroom of that suite. That isn’t part of the suite but can be. Is that correct
That's right! There's a connecting room which would take the suite up to two bedrooms.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 12:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Really great to hear continually great reviews from this hotel.

Stayed here several times and the property never fails to disappoint.

Been upgraded to the Presidential Suite several times using SNAs.

This time, I told them it was our anniversary and just hours later they responded with cake, prosecco and champagne. Absolutely brilliant response.

One day, housekeeping had not been performed until very late in the evening. Was awarded 10,000 points by means of compensation.

Cannot fault this place.

dgreen12 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Having my second stay here and another great experience. The staff are fantastic. Happy and helpful. I was upgraded to a suite: separate living room, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen with washing machine, stove, microwave, toaster, pots, plates utensils.

Only minor negative, for me, is that the bathroom has a bathtub/shower combo instead of a walk-in shower.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 4:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
I liked my stay here but the neighbourhood isn’t the most interesting unless others have local tips for interesting bars/restaurants nearby

I know walking more towards the canals has far more interesting choices.

soft drinks and proper coffee in the restaurant all day ilo of lounge is welcome.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:28 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
I liked my stay here but the neighbourhood isn’t the most interesting unless others have local tips for interesting bars/restaurants nearby

I know walking more towards the canals has far more interesting choices.

soft drinks and proper coffee in the restaurant all day ilo of lounge is welcome.
Take a stroll along Brondesbury Road to Queens Park (or 1 tube stop from Kilburn Park) and there are a few restaurants and pubs. Having said that, not been there since you-know-what, so don't know what has survived.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Having my second stay here and another great experience. The staff are fantastic. Happy and helpful. I was upgraded to a suite: separate living room, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen with washing machine, stove, microwave, toaster, pots, plates utensils.

Only minor negative, for me, is that the bathroom has a bathtub/shower combo instead of a walk-in shower.
Complimentary upgrade due to Bonvoy status or use nightly upgrade award?

I have not made my mind on staying at this hotel or JW or Sheraton Grand late this month. The other two hotels are more than 2 times more expensive than this Marriott. It will be a sightseeing trip, first time for wife, but I visited London before.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 2:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by Kmxu

I have not made my mind on staying at this hotel or JW or Sheraton Grand late this month. The other two hotels are more than 2 times more expensive than this Marriott. It will be a sightseeing trip, first time for wife, but I visited London before.
I have not stayed at either hotel but Park Lane is slightly closer towards the more populated areas, so I would choose that as a Londoner of 9 years.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 6:27 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
Above, several people relate upgrades they received. They are lucky. I am an Ambassador and stayed there last Thursday night and I got nothing. Since I arrived late afternoon and planned on leaving mid morning, I booked the cheapest room. So on arrival, I asked about upgrades. She said they gave me the same type of room and my upgrade was a higher floor. I noted I had gone online that morning and saw suites. But she said they only gave the type of room she put me in. The room was quite small. I didn’t make a big deal about it since it was for only one night. As they say, YMMV.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 6:54 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by HookEm
Above, several people relate upgrades they received. They are lucky. I am an Ambassador and stayed there last Thursday night and I got nothing. Since I arrived late afternoon and planned on leaving mid morning, I booked the cheapest room. So on arrival, I asked about upgrades. She said they gave me the same type of room and my upgrade was a higher floor. I noted I had gone online that morning and saw suites. But she said they only gave the type of room she put me in. The room was quite small. I didn’t make a big deal about it since it was for only one night. As they say, YMMV.
I wouldn’t care if I was there a short time and on my own. A suite is a lifesaver with my husband as he needs a room to himself and me nearby.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 7:13 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Choose between two Marriotts (Maido Vale and County Hall)

Originally Posted by jaro
I have not stayed at either hotel but Park Lane is slightly closer towards the more populated areas, so I would choose that as a Londoner of 9 years.
I will let my wife flip a coin between Maido Vale and County Hall Marriott. Cancelled the point reservation for JW. The Sheraton Grand's rate is passing that of Marriott County Hall. So, I just booked the County Hall Marriott after cancelling JW.

Originally Posted by HookEm
Originally Posted by stuartpig
I wouldn’t care if I was there a short time and on my own. A suite is a lifesaver with my husband as he needs a room to himself and me nearby.
I won't worry about the upgraded room much because I will spend most of time away from the hotel if I choose to stay at Maido Vale. The room size of County Hall Marriott is over 30 sq m. So, I really do not need an upgraded room. Hoping for a complimentary upgrade to a river viewing room.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 7:44 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
The Marriott MV is a good hotel in a good location in London *for the price*. I really wouldn't be choosing between this hotel and other Bonvoy hotels that are in Zone 1 but cost significantly more if I was happy to pay the higher price for that Zone 1 hotel in London. I would apply this principle in any city I stayed in.

As anyone can see upthread, the Marriott MV is my go to hotel in London now and I've paid between £140-£190 a night for post-Great Plague stays. If I was prepared to pay £300-£500 a night in London then I (a) would have more hotels to choose from and (b) would probably stay walking distance to Soho. But I'm not. The only other Bonvoy hotel I've stayed at in London is the Marriott Marble Arch which generally prices a bit higher than the MV and is quite similar in terms of rooms, breakfast, and elite happy hour. I still choose the MV.

But I don't think there's any apples for apples comparison between the Marriott MV and most of the Bonvoy Zone 1 hotels that cost double the price or more. If you're prepared to pay the higher price then probably you should do whichever hotel it is. I'm not and I don't.
MaxFlyer and Kmxu like this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 4:12 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kmxu

Complimentary and without even asking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.