Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Glasgow Marriott, Scotland, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Glasgow Marriott, Scotland, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2020, 10:58 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by strayersong
Does anyone have the email address of this hotel please? Thank you.
Hi strayersong,

The email provided by nobbyclark is still listed as an email contact for the Glasgow Marriott Hotel. You may also try [email protected] which is listed for the concierge.

Thanks,

Robert V.
Social Media Liaison
strayersong likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Anyone been back to the Glasgow Marriott since it re-opened?

I'm swithering about a stay there in a couple of weeks time and wondered if the Executive Lounge was open for example, the restaurant open at night or do you need to go to the bar.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by nequine
Anyone been back to the Glasgow Marriott since it re-opened?

I'm swithering about a stay there in a couple of weeks time and wondered if the Executive Lounge was open for example, the restaurant open at night or do you need to go to the bar.
Hi,

The website says it is currently closed ( also has a list of what is open)

https://whattoexpect.marriott.com/gladt

Regards

TBS

PS I would probably check directly with the hotel and tripadvisor also once you decide on a destination to see if there are recent comments
nequine likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Aug 31, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Old Aug 31, 2020, 1:05 pm

Thanks for that link

Time to re-think my options again!
Old Sep 1, 2020, 9:42 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
In our opinion the lounge has really gone down hill in the last 2 years. No real breakfast anymore (which avoided the mass invasion of coach parties downstairs). The snacks and biscuits are dire and they put the same hot dishes on, chicken wings one day, then cheap spring rolls and repeat. Lager on tap that is difficult to pour. And they let huge families take it over. Avoid.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 10:10 am

I like the lounge as somewhere to hang out that is (usually) quiet and I love the Short Mile Bay Shiraz too. I get what you mean about it becoming overrun by families though - its fine if kids are quiet but sometimes...
Old Sep 1, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
First experience of the lounge at Glasgow was in 2006. It was like a party in there. A genial host wandering around refilling glasses, an array of spirits, wonderful canapes (how many hotels think that canapes means a dish of stew ir a bag of Iceland spring rolls these days?). And a no children or extended family rule. Those were the days. And they used to give Platinums a welcome pack with Scottish goodies.
ow

Last edited by stuartpig; Sep 1, 2020 at 3:10 pm Reason: spelling
Old Sep 2, 2020, 1:02 am

Yes I miss the welcome pack you used to get as gold (pre-merger) that disappeared after we became Platinum.

The spirits were back for a bit in recent times, but during the week rather than the weekend.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
just stayed a few nights at the end of a long scottish holiday. wish i stayed elsewhere. the hotel is truly sad. nothing feels like it has been updated since it opened in the 80s when princess margaret attended the opening (according to the plaque in the lobby).

i intended to stay a few nights to relax after a great and long holiday before catching my flight home to london. well when i got to my room on the 'executive' floor--the top floor--the corridor was dreary and dark, and when i entered my room i was just sad. you know when you enter a room that is well worn and just sad and the air is stale? that feeling.

the stains on the very yellow wallpaper, stained carpets, dark furniture, stained lampshades some which had tears...i just cant describe it as anything other than what you'd expect from a heavily worn room at a mid rang vegas hotel like the excalibur or similar.

the other weird things like reusing paper menus and pens in many instances in the lounge when ordering food seems counter to covid intentions. further, i ordered room service from the app but had to sign a paper copy which defeats the purpose of paperless ordering? further, the worn down room does not inspire confidence in total cleanliness either. the room is silent which is great and the bed is comfortable at least. the tv keeps shutting off and resetting, but because i had already wiped down my room before turning it on, i didnt ask to be moved for a working tv--not to mention, no upgrade as a plat despite seeing at most 8 other people in total for my stay.

re food--breakfast from a menu again because covid--served in the cast iron grill but everything is terrible. the scrambled eggs seem from a mix, the pancakes were cold and clearly pre-made, the danish was one tiny danish, the toast was ok. that said, every place i stayed these three weeks in scotland had terrible breakfast! i ate in the lobby bar which was the only option available since all public restaurants are currently closed because covid, and i also ordered room service--the all day menu is the same. thankfully, the all day menu offerings i ate were all cooked and prepared very well. the few things i ate were actually very good and not at all what i would expect after how they made breakfast.

in short, i opted to move my flight up two days as i couldnt picture spending more time in this room than necessary. such a same because every person who works here that i interacted with is extremely nice and helpful!
Old Oct 11, 2020, 1:03 pm

Usually if you are on the 11/12th floors then you have been upgraded although the only way you know you are in an "upgraded" room is if you have a cactus plant in your room!

Given the lounge is closed, did you get any vouchers to use at the bar?
VSLover likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Usually if you are on the 11/12th floors then you have been upgraded although the only way you know you are in an "upgraded" room is if you have a cactus plant in your room!

Given the lounge is closed, did you get any vouchers to use at the bar?
lol i do enjoy the cactus in the room despite it was one stick about 4 inches long in the giant vessel, but it was a cute idea!

yes i did get drink vouchers however due to recent covid laws in scotland, no alcohol may be served indoors until end of month rendering vouchers a bit useless, but im not complaining about that, rules in the UK are ever changing!
Old Oct 14, 2020, 10:04 am

There is no alcohol in the central belt (includes Glasgow) for the next few weeks. Up here in Aberdeen we can have alcohol if you are outside.

Handy to know you do get vouchers though.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 11:22 am

Has anyone stayed here recently to know if the Lounge has reopened or not?
Old Apr 10, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Has anyone stayed here recently to know if the Lounge has reopened or not?
I was there last week, the lounge is open. In the evening, one hot item (e.g. noodles or spring rolls), one salad, cheese and biscuits. Wine, beer, soft drinks, no spirits. Food uninspiring but wine free-flowing (and topped up by host when possible)
Soft drinks, coffee/tea, snacks all day.
Don't think breakfast was being served in the lounge, as a Plat got free breakfast in the restaurant - hot and cold buffet, omelette station. Decent but not exceptional.
nequine likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 12:03 pm

Thanks for confirming that for me Moreland , I am off there this coming week and not been there since a couple of weeks before Lockdown 1.

Glasgow doesn't usually do spirts (only seen it once in all the years I've been going there) but glad that the wine is back though.

Don't suppose you know if bottled water is back in the lounge? On our last trip there, they'd removed the bottles and you'd to bring your own water bottle if you wanted to take water back to your room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.