Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Glasgow Marriott, Scotland, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Glasgow Marriott, Scotland, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:25 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Yip, platinum and above can get their breakfast if they’re on a room only rate.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Had a one night stay a couple of Saturdays ago at around £79 for the night. Arrived at GLA late in the evening and found a long line of people waiting in a taxi queue with no taxis in sight. Nothing available on Uber either and the airport bus to downtown ended up saving us as the first stop is around a ten minute walk to the Marriott. Apple Pay is accepted onboard the bus and we had our tickets in no time. So if arriving late at night, based on my sample of one, consider having a backup plan to the taxi queue or Uber.

I was traveling with with my father and had forgotten to book a two bedded room, luckily the hotel switched us to a two double bed room at checkin with no trouble. The hotel seems to be on the older side but the room was refreshed and typical Marriott. Really unremarkable. No trouble at all with noise or anything else.

I stopped in the lounge in the morning and it was only continental breakfast on offer. There was a very friendly employee who saw me walk in with a city map in hand and helped me plan out my whole day. My father and I went to the Riverside Museum on his advice and really enjoyed it. We also went to the University, Botanic Garden, Cathedral/Necropolis and the Glasgow Green (which I would give a pass to). We had dinner at Bar 91 before catching the train to the Sheraton Edinburgh and really enjoyed our meal.

Back to the Marriott: we had breakfast in the restaurant and enjoyed it (this was included as a Titanium as an alternative to the very light fare In the lounge). The location was good for our purposes, around a ten minute walk to the center of the city. I would return.
nequine likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:40 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Stayed twice at this property in the last month on rates circa GBP 80 as a Platinum. Upgrade was only to Executive Room, not a suite. Breakfast was OK but nothing outstanding. Hotel is very dated; so much so that the check-in agent at Turnberry and I had a good laugh when she asked where I stayed in Glasgow before driving down for some golf.

They desperately need to give this hotel a face lift - whilst the rooms have been somewhat refreshed, the common parts of the building feel like a 1970s timewarp.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Stayed twice at this property in the last month on rates circa GBP 80 as a Platinum. Upgrade was only to Executive Room, not a suite. Breakfast was OK but nothing outstanding. Hotel is very dated; so much so that the check-in agent at Turnberry and I had a good laugh when she asked where I stayed in Glasgow before driving down for some golf.

They desperately need to give this hotel a face lift - whilst the rooms have been somewhat refreshed, the common parts of the building feel like a 1970s timewarp.
I thought the same when I stayed at the Glasgow Marriott but I like the area so I might go back but set my expectations lower for the Marriott.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 12:40 am

I am a regular stayer at this hotel and know the management team quite well. They've been promising getting refurbished since the late 00's but it keeps on being delayed. Half the problem is that the hotel is so busy that they probably feel like they can't close off a floor (or half a floor given the lifts are in the middle of each floor) at a time for losing revenue/customers. Outwith of the London hotels, its the most profitable hotel in the UK apparently.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Surprising to hear that it's profitable when rates are consistently around 80 GBP a night. The second time I would have preferred staying at the airport actually but it was 30-40 GBP more expensive, so made sense to save the money and spend GBP 15 on an Uber from the City Centre Marriott instead.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 1:05 am

You must have caught it on a good day, as I'm usually over £100 but then that is paying on departure rather than paying up front.

There are lots of sporting events/concerts on in Glasgow now so that keeps the price up even at a weekend. When I was down for the Pro14 final, I managed to get in quickly but even then I was £280 for the weekend room only and just for a standard room (thankfully I get breakfast for free via my elite status). Sadly the rate never came down either!
Old Sep 7, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA-LifetimePremierGold, PLT: Bonvoy, IHG, GLD: Enterprise, Budget
Glasgow Marriott recommendations

Wanted to see if there were any updates to this thread.... planning to be in Glasgow in early October 2019. MR/Bonvoy Platinum member with spouse.
Preferences are: rate, free breakfast, fitness center, and ease of access... parking may be a consideration. Access to Concierge lounge a key consideration.

Looks like the Glasgow Marriott seemed like a reasonable option. Wanted to see if there were any other suggestions, or recent experience with these, or other Edinburgh-area Marriott/Bonvoy properties.

Appreciate any info. Cheers.

Last edited by nsx1164; Sep 7, 2019 at 4:29 pm Reason: corrections to initial message
Old Sep 7, 2019, 4:26 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by nsx1164
Wanted to see if there were any updates to this thread.... planning to be in Edinburgh in early October 2019. MR/Bonvoy Platinum member with spouse.
Preferences are: rate, free breakfast, fitness center, and ease of access... parking may be a consideration. Access to Concierge lounge a key consideration.

Looks like the Edinburgh Marriott seemed like a reasonable option. Wanted to see if there were any other suggestions, or recent experience with these, or other Edinburgh-area Marriott/Bonvoy properties.

Appreciate any info. Cheers.
You do realize this is the Glasgow Marriott thread--not Edinburgh Marriott--right? Wrong city.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA-LifetimePremierGold, PLT: Bonvoy, IHG, GLD: Enterprise, Budget
realized that and updated my post... thanks.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 2:20 am

I’m currently staying in the Edinburgh Marriott and while I love staying here, since they did away with the lounge, if I’d the choice I’d stay in Glasgow.

I am Titanium and other than the odd room upgrade (I don’t go pro-actively looking for it) you get no perks for staying here anymore (did prior to programme revamp) hence preferring Glasgow.

Last edited by nequine; Sep 8, 2019 at 3:23 am
Old Sep 8, 2019, 10:15 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by nequine
I’m currently staying in the Edinburgh Marriott and while I love staying here, since they did away with the lounge, if I’d the choice I’d stay in Glasgow.

I am Titanium and other than the odd room upgrade (I don’t go pro-actively looking for it) you get no perks for staying here anymore (did prior to programme revamp) hence preferring Glasgow.
So is the breakfast at the Edinburgh Marriott now accorded via its restaurant?
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:47 am

Yes, that is the only place for breakfast. It is a nice spread you get there though and the breakfast manager is very warm and welcoming,
Old Jun 25, 2020, 9:15 am

Does anyone have the email address of this hotel please? Thank you.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 9:32 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I used this but it was about 6 years ago: [email protected]
strayersong likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.