Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Harbor Beach Resort - Fort Lauderdale, FL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Harbor Beach Resort - Fort Lauderdale, FL [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2023, 10:54 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
November 2023 Update

Full breakfast buffet is now $34 for adults and the elite upcharge from the continental breakfast is still $10.

Old Nov 28, 2023, 6:05 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Just completed a 5 night stay on points as a Titanium.

No SNA available, but the room was great. Love tile floors.

Highlights:
Buffet at $10 is great. WELL worth the 10bucks!

Thanksgiving buffet was $94 and out of this world! Honestly...it was a 9.9999/10

Pool was nice. Warm...plenty of seating

Beach was great.

Lots of included items with $44/day/room resort fee.

Was told i could use the "spa pool" as titanium but didnt partake.

Overall a really solid/great stay!
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 7:36 am

Marriott Fort Lauderdale Harbor Beach Resort

Just returned from a long weekend trip to this resort, and yes spring break was in full force. We arrived to our room mid day, and it was ready for check-in on time. Went and had some lunch. Came back to discover that the electric was out in our floor section. Was told it would be maybe an hour to fix. No problem we thought. Went to the pool, came back, still no power. Did our best to get ready for dinner. The front desk offered us the spa bathroom to use for hairdryers, etc. We had hot water though. Came back from dinner, still no electricity and the front desk gave us a flashlight!!! We requested a different room with electricity. At 10pm, they moved us to a room with electricity (same level room, no upgrade,etc). They also gave us $150 voucher towards the stay.

We're Bonvoy members. I felt that they should have comped the first night due to the issue of electricity and moving us so late. And I had work to do and had to find a quiet nook to do some zoom calls ... not easy when a steel drum band is playing in the lobby....

Thoughts?
Old Mar 12, 2024, 12:41 pm

they gave you $150 in vouchers, how much was the 1st night?
Old Mar 12, 2024, 11:06 pm

500+/ night
Old Mar 27, 2024, 2:17 pm

Smile Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort Review

My friend had stayed at this Marriott and said she liked it. After staying here now, I see why!
- Check-in: We were allowed to check-in to our room early (Marriott Gold Elite, so we could have a good cup of coffee from the coffee maker in the room, which was badly needed after getting up at 3 am, and have a full day at the pool and beach. This hotel price more than I normally like to pay for a hotel before a cruise, but we used points when the point to price ratio was not too bad..

- Pool:
- Big pool with 5-6 rows of chairs, free umbrellas

- Two hot tubs. One lukewarm and the other nice and hot
- Waterfall but not attached to the pool, just for decoration and sound.

- Beach:
- Hotel is on the beach. There are walkways on the sand made it easier to get to the bar and a little way out to the beach
- Your resort fee includes beach chairs but not umbrellas, They cost extra.

- Food:
- Number of food options on-premise from grab and go, outside dining, inside restaurant, bar, Restaurants are a bit pricy. Starbucks.
- Sea Level restaurant and bar. Had live music at the outside bar. We ate some appetizers at the bar for dinner.

- Hotel Grounds:
- Impressive ballroom/conference facility with soaring ceiling.

- Large balcony with seating was nice at night

- Service: Service around the pool, beach bar, and at the outdoor restaurant was friendly and good. Pool bar service did not start until around 11 am.

- Spa: We did not use the Spa, but they sell Marriott gift cards. We needed to spend $50 more to get an American Express cash back offer, so we bought a Marriott gift card that we were assured could be used at other Marriott's. We tired to use it a the Westin Ft Lauderdale a week later, and they said they do not accept that card.

-Room:
- Room was fine but a bit plain, not luxurious. I preferred the beach motif of the Westin, but the room was comfortable and I liked the natural wood look of the headboard.

- Good coffee and Taylors of Harrogate tea in the room which was appreciated.
- Mini-fridge
- Balcony with two chairs and a table, but the balcony has half of the view obscured with a concrete block, part of the building design, blocking the view. You can move both chairs to the far end to see out the railing.
- The bathroom had a long sink vanity - plenty of room for cosmetics and personal items. I really liked the shower and the wood grain texture of the tile which had a nice feel and non-slippery underfoot. In addition to the shower, there was a hand-held sprayer bar.
- Bath gel, shampoo and conditioner bottle pumps. Soap at the sink and a nice eucalyptus scented lotion.

- Location: Coconuts restaurant is within walking distance, but this hotel is farther away from the main Ft Lauderdale restaurants about 25-30 minute walk.

Coffee maker and tea in the room

Beds

Shower

Pool with several rows of seating and free umbrellas

Big pool

Pool and waterfall (not attached to the pool)

Walkway to the beach. Left is a beach bar.

Last edited by ClaireWithLove; Mar 27, 2024 at 2:37 pm Reason: Uploading pictures

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.