Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by VA1379
How is the concierge lounge at the Renaissance?
In my personal context of US-based travel only, the Renaissance Waterfront has one of the best (if not the best) lounges I've ever been to. It's super easy to make dinner out of what's offered there on any given night - sushi, burgers, skewers. Dessert offerings were quite good as well. I was very impressed overall!
Old May 26, 2017, 9:11 pm

Don't know what the other two are drinking or inhaling, but the lounge completely sucks at the Renaissance.

Breakfast was terrible. Even a Hilton Garden Inn without a cooked-to-order beats the breakfast at the lounge. Only two hot items, did not change for the 3-day stay I was there last week. I ate scrambled eggs with some god awful sausage that tasted like .... for the entire stay.

Lounge is closed on Sat, and REALLY closed, can't even card in to get Soda.

Evening was a joke... I took a look at the items and took a pass. There is NO sushi, burgers or skewers. Desert was crap too.
voweffekt likes this.
Old May 27, 2017, 2:01 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Unless it changed from my last stay a month ago, the evening rotation definitely included sushi, burgers, and skewers (along with different desserts each evening). It'll be a shame if it did change, because the lounge offerings were one of the strongest points of the hotel.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:23 pm
Suspended

Spending a 2 day trip(Monday-Wednesday) at the Marriott at Copley Place...I'm a LT PT member. What is everyone's thoughts on that place?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:04 am
Suspended

My boss is sending me to Boston for a 2 day trip (Monday-Wednesday)...gave me a choice to either stay at the Marriott FS Copley or the Marriott Long Wharf.....I'm a LT Platinum.....I don't have a preference and don't need to be at a specific part of town....What your thoughts?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Long Wharf. Copley could be any city anywhere in the country, but Long Wharf is adjacent to Faneuil Hall, the North End, and the revitalized waterfront for a much more uniquely Boston experience.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
My boss is sending me to Boston for a 2 day trip (Monday-Wednesday)...gave me a choice to either stay at the Marriott FS Copley or the Marriott Long Wharf.....I'm a LT Platinum.....I don't have a preference and don't need to be at a specific part of town....What your thoughts?
Where are you working?

Copley has one of the largest ballrooms in town and is pretty much a convention mill. I'd call and check their meeting schedule. Long Wharf is the opposite of that and has a great lounge overlooking the harbor and the airport.

Both are in great parts of town.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:04 am
Suspended

I'll be working straight out of my hotel room....So I prefer the hotel with the best CL, nicer pool, etc......I've been to boston many times so sight seeing isn't what I'm doing...I just prefer at staying at the nicer property.....I hear that the Long Wharf u get a 0% of a PL upgrade....and since the FS at Copley its a bigger place and better chance of upgrade.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
I'll be working straight out of my hotel room....So I prefer the hotel with the best CL, nicer pool, etc......I've been to boston many times so sight seeing isn't what I'm doing...I just prefer at staying at the nicer property.....I hear that the Long Wharf u get a 0% of a PL upgrade....and since the FS at Copley its a bigger place and better chance of upgrade.
I'd go with the Long Wharf. the lounge is pretty nice. The location is quite convenient to restaurants. Rooms are nice, though smaller than Copley. If people will be going to the hotel to meet you, it's more centrally located for connections from North and South Stations. Plus all the T lines converge nearby. It'll also cut in half your travel time from/to Logan.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:54 am

Hi, I need advice on which Marriott hotel to choose within a radius of 30 minutes of Logan Airport. We are flying in from Europe on a Saturday evening and really just nead a super quiet place to sleep (light sleepers!). We will be driving to VT the next day, so would prefer something close to I-93 - but quiet surroundings are more importan. Hotel category or price not important. Thanks for any input!
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by heakja
Hi, I need advice on which Marriott hotel to choose within a radius of 30 minutes of Logan Airport. We are flying in from Europe on a Saturday evening and really just nead a super quiet place to sleep (light sleepers!). We will be driving to VT the next day, so would prefer something close to I-93 - but quiet surroundings are more importan. Hotel category or price not important. Thanks for any input!
I’ve had a couple stays at the Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North on Unicorn Park Dr. in Woburn (10 miles north of downtown Boston). It’s near the intersection of 93 & 128. The hotel is two minutes drive time from the I-93 northbound on ramp. That will give you easy access to 93 and past the morning traffic heading into Boston. The hotel is located inside an office park. It’s a basic but clean business hotel, meaning it’ll likely be nearly empty on a Saturday night. It’s always been quiet during my trips. There are restaurants nearby in downtown Stoneham and Woburn. Since you’ll likely have a car, it won’t be a problem. The rates are also much better than finding someplace downtown (Nov rates are as low as $105/night). For an overnight en-route stay, it will serve your purposes well.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:28 am

Thanks for the advice! I will look into that one. Its close to the I-93, but I guess I could email them and ask for a room not facing the interstate.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:45 am

Thanks for the advice! I will look into that one. Its close to the I-93, but I guess I could email them and ask for a room not facing the interstate.
You could, but all the rooms are soundproofed so it shouldn’t pose a problem.
heakja likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
My recommendation is also a Courtyard in Woburn, but the Courtyard Boston Woburn/Burlington. That one is just off 95/128, but I also have had no issues with noise there. There are more than a few restaurants right within walking distance of the hotel, and it also is an easy hop onto I-93 NB (I'd take the on-ramp closer to the Target rather than jumping back on 128 NB to 93 NB, as that short stretch can get a lot of traffic). Burlington Mall is just a couple miles up the road on 128 as well if you're looking for something to do in the evening.
heakja likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Completed 2 night stay at the Long Wharf....all in all it was a nice hotel. The location was perfect if your a tourist and quick to/from Logan. I was there during the week so I experienced the CL. The evening snacks were crab cakes...breakfast was the usual spread...the view was great.....One down part...I'm a LT PT and arrived at 12am. I called ahead to see about an upgrade since at the middle of the night you don't have much choice. The FD wouldn't block me an upgrade...I got the city view.....even though on Marriott.com they were sell premium rooms

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.