Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Berlin, Germany

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Berlin, Germany

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2006, 4:34 pm

Programs: nwa plat ual elite hilton diamond marriott platinum hertz presidents circle
Yes very nice very clean and modern. Staff was very helpful and the hotel was quite
Old May 31, 2007, 5:25 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Which Berlin cat 4 or below hotel is best?

Going to blow 2 of those chase cert on a quick trip to Berlin. Which hotel in the cat 4 is best?
Old May 31, 2007, 9:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by frank_10b
Going to blow 2 of those chase cert on a quick trip to Berlin. Which hotel in the cat 4 is best?
Well, the Courtyard Citycenter is the only below cat 4 option in Berlin. The two other "Berlin" Courtyards are long train rides from the city center and very inconvinient for tourist sites.
I suggest you book as long in advance as possible, because both the Berlin Marriott and Courtyard Citycenter are often sold out.
Old May 31, 2007, 9:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gordon0808
Well, the Courtyard Citycenter is the only below cat 4 option in Berlin. The two other "Berlin" Courtyards are long train rides from the city center and very inconvinient for tourist sites.
I suggest you book as long in advance as possible, because both the Berlin Marriott and Courtyard Citycenter are often sold out.
Have you stayed at either of those outlying Berlin Courtyards? What are they like? I see the rooms are all max 2 adults - are these truly tiny rooms? One of 'em is 48 Euros a night...hmmmm...that's less than a Fairfield in the middle of Kansas... Four of us traveling...I guess we could always go nuts, splurge, break the bank, and book two rooms.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 4:01 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
there are three of us traveling here, and we have a hired car, does that make a difference on the hotel are the ones located far away in the outareas better because the rooms are bigger?
Old Jun 1, 2007, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by frank_10b
there are three of us traveling here, and we have a hired car, does that make a difference on the hotel are the ones located far away in the outareas better because the rooms are bigger?
See my post above - the Marriott.com site won't allow three adults to book 1 hotel room at either of the two CY's. Therefore, I'm assuming these properties have very small rooms. I wonder if they are set up more like boutique-style hotels and not like a big American-style Courtyard? The photo of one of them gives it a European-style appearance. (Different from FS Marriotts which mostly have a big American hotel appearance in most European city centers.)

Of course, we've probably all done the drill where we've packed more people into a hotel room than it will comfortably hold. We've gotten 5 guys into a Manhattan hotel room that had two twins before - but we were in college and guys didn't mind crashing on floors. The bed type choices on these two Berlin props appear to be 2 twins or 1 king - so that leaves one on the floor even if you go with the "pack 'em in" route.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 5:07 pm

asking for extra bed is not posible eh? does having a car make any difference on what hotel we should take in berlin?
Old Feb 11, 2008, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Marriott Berlin any comments?

tried searching nothing came up for berlin
Old Feb 12, 2008, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
I can't believe that there aren't any comments. This is a great property. I stayed there two years ago. Nice newish guest rooms. I received an upgrade to a concierge level room and access to the lounge without asking. Very modern property in a great location.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 9:40 am

Programs: AC MM 50K, Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by LAXGreg
I can't believe that there aren't any comments. This is a great property. I stayed there two years ago. Nice newish guest rooms. I received an upgrade to a concierge level room and access to the lounge without asking. Very modern property in a great location.
Agreed. Stayed the Berlin Marriott last spring and was very happy with the guest rooms, service and location. Very close to U-bahn and walking distance to the Bradenburg Gate, Sony Centre and other areas of interest. The lounge was outstanding with excellent food and beverage. Lounge staff was very dedicated and welcoming.

Minor glitch when a pre-booked concierge level room was not ready upon arrival at 16:30, given keys to the lounge while waiting. The lounge concierge looked after us very well. Everything else exceeded expectations.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 3:11 pm

Use Berlin and Marriott as search terms and limit the search to this forum. You will come up with a fair number of threads which have some type of review comments about the Berlin Marriott. Here, for example, is a glowing report from 2004 (!) and a more recent one from 2007 (see post #4)
Old Mar 1, 2008, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Melville
Agreed. Stayed the Berlin Marriott last spring and was very happy with the guest rooms, service and location. Very close to U-bahn and walking distance to the Bradenburg Gate, Sony Centre and other areas of interest. The lounge was outstanding with excellent food and beverage.
Typing this from the Lounge right now. had I not spent Thurs night at the Hyatt maybe this place would have looked different in my eyes. The Health Club\pööl is nothing compared to the Hyatt

the worst part was checkin where they simply lied about any upgrade being available as I was told by 2 different reps that the Hotel was sold out. Of cause once I produced a printout that I did here in the lounge that showed Exec rooms and Jr Suites being available for the duration of my stay, they came up with other excuses. Including that Ups are Only to 1 Cat better then booked and that a room with abetter view is an upgrade I didnt get that either.

To me simply another Marriott prop that decides to go its own way when deciding which benefits it wishes to adhere to.

Next trip it will be anywhere else but here
Old Mar 2, 2008, 7:26 am

Last edited by Melville; Mar 2, 2008 at 7:35 am
Old Mar 2, 2008, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Melville
Agreed. Stayed the Berlin Marriott last spring and was very happy with the guest rooms, service and location. Very close to U-bahn and walking distance to the Bradenburg Gate, Sony Centre and other areas of interest. The lounge was outstanding with excellent food and beverage. Lounge staff was very dedicated and welcoming.

Minor glitch when a pre-booked concierge level room was not ready upon arrival at 16:30, given keys to the lounge while waiting. The lounge concierge looked after us very well. Everything else exceeded expectations.

Originally Posted by craz
Typing this from the Lounge right now. had I not spent Thurs night at the Hyatt maybe this place would have looked different in my eyes. The Health Club\pööl is nothing compared to the Hyatt

the worst part was checkin where they simply lied about any upgrade being available as I was told by 2 different reps that the Hotel was sold out. Of cause once I produced a printout that I did here in the lounge that showed Exec rooms and Jr Suites being available for the duration of my stay, they came up with other excuses. Including that Ups are Only to 1 Cat better then booked and that a room with abetter view is an upgrade I didnt get that either.

To me simply another Marriott prop that decides to go its own way when deciding which benefits it wishes to adhere to.

Next trip it will be anywhere else but here

Sad that your experience was not to your satisfaction. My comments were only a guide to the rooms, location, and lounge which were all very good, IMO. Did not checkout the Health Club/pool and did not expect an upgrade. Also, noted that check-in was less than expected and was the only glitch experienced.

How is the food and beverage in the lounge? Unless the service and offerings have changed, would still return for another stay.

Last edited by Melville; Mar 2, 2008 at 7:40 am
Old Mar 31, 2008, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Would like to stay here for a few days around the week of May 10. Is anyone aware of a discount code available to the general public which would bring the rate to around 100e?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.