FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Berlin, Germany (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/136069-marriott-bonvoy-hotels-berlin-germany.html)

Flyaway Aug 23, 1999 7:31 pm

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Berlin, Germany

Has anyone stayed at any of the Courtyards in Berlin?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Flyaway Nov 7, 1999 5:07 am

Courtyard Berlin-Teltow (Germany)

I will be staying at this location in about two weeks. Has anyone stayed here before? Any thoughts, experiences, advice....?

acnev Jul 15, 2004 9:12 am

Any experiences at the Berlin Marriott

I've searched but haven't been able to find any experiences at the new Berlin Marriott. Anyone been there since it opened? I'm going there in early August and wanted to know what the hotel was like - does it have a lounge, pool, etc.

thanks

Jim90068 Jul 15, 2004 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by acnev
I've searched but haven't been able to find any experiences at the new Berlin Marriott. Anyone been there since it opened? I'm going there in early August and wanted to know what the hotel was like - does it have a lounge, pool, etc.

thanks

I didn't stay there, but it is a brand new place....smart design, and cool lobby.

location is great, at the new Potsdamer Platz....right next door to the new ritz Carlton Hotel, and a block to the UBahn and SBahn stations...also a block * 1/2 to the SONY center -- theatre multiplex, bars and restaurants. Enjoy it!

SeaBuddy Jul 17, 2004 12:48 am

The Berlin Marriott is GREAT

I just spent a week at the Berlin Marriott in April, and the hotel and the experience were both wonderful. The staff was among the most attentive employees I have ever seen at any hotel property I have stayed at world-wide, and as mentioned above, the location is great. It is a short walk to Checkpoint Charlie, and the Bahn trains and subways are all accessable at the station right next door. As an interesting side note, the hotel is built exactly on the line where the Berlin wall once stood, and portions of the wall can be viewed within a ten minute walk. Tegel airport is about a 20 minute taxi ride away, and the taxi fare is reasonable.

The health club is very nice, nearly spa quality with new equipment and a great sauna. The executive lounge is very large, nicely furnished, with a flat-panel TV with CNN on it. There is also FREE high speed internet access in the concierge lounge, with three computers availble for guest use. The evening snacks were exceptional, as was the wine selection. The rooms are a bit larger than typical European hotels, and everything is NEW.

As mentioned above, the staff was outstanding. Not ONE problem during the stay, and in fact they all went out of their way to get to know me and welcome me to the hotel. English was spoken perfectly by the staff, so no language barriers inside the hotel to be concerned about.

I also had the pleasure to get to know ARNE KLEHN, the Front Office Manager. Arne is German, but actually trained at Marriotts in the US including California. He went out of his way to help us out during our stay, and I would recommend introducing yourself to him once you arrive on property.

In case you can't tell from the post, I loved this property and everything about the stay. I highly recommend you give it a try! ^

Jim90068 Feb 10, 2005 5:53 pm

Berlin Marriott

Checked in last night for a 6 night stay. On check-in was offered a Executive Club ugrade for 50 Euros, which includes club access,an ExecClub floor, free (!) internet access, and unknown other perks. I decided to pass it up.

Got to my room, and saw that high speed net access was 19.95 Euros per day (!), and thought...maybe an upgrade to a club floor + internet access + the club room maybe would be worthwhile.

Called the front desk...they said ok, and moved me to a room on the Executive Club floor. Believe it or hot it was smaller and inferior to the room on the non-club floor I'd been originally assigned. I complained, and they moved me to another room, identical to my first asssigned room (and I decided to call off the Exec Floor upgrade since it was 50 Euros for no apparent value). Called the front desk that I didn't want Executive Club access after all. Was told that all would be taken care of.

Checked with the front desk tonight, 24 hours later, since my room charges weren't available on my room TV. They confirmed my room rate and my Exec Club Floor upgrade charge of 50 Euros a night. I objected, saying that I'd called to cancel...since I didn't see the value. He said I'd been put on a club floor ( not THE Club floor), which was different. With all defernce, there was no difference in the room...ok, maybe an extra bottle of Shampoo and a bathrobe....but NO DIFFERENCE FROM THE NON-CLUB Floor.

After arguing for a few minutes, the front desk manager agreed to eliminate the 50 Euro/day chage, and I agreed to not go to the Lounge.

Anyone else get caught in this scheme?

SeaBuddy Feb 10, 2005 6:36 pm

Berlin Marriott

Talk to Arne, the front desk manager. He's an awesome guy, and was a total professional when I stayed there this past spring. He also did some of his training at Marriotts in California. Let us know how it works out!

chipster Feb 15, 2005 12:54 pm

Re Berlin Marriott

Hi, my first post! I am staying at the Berlin Marriott for a few days next month and I am on the "Concierge" level. Is that the same as the Club level, or is that different altogether? :) This is what my booking email said: GOVERNMENT RATE * EXECUTIVE ROOM (1KING / 2DOUBLES) * MAX 4 PPL BFST IN EXEC LOUNGE * HIGH SPEED INTERNET * MINIBAR * SAFE

Does that mean that my internet is free or available at 19euros a day?

SeaBuddy Feb 15, 2005 10:41 pm

High Speed Internet

Originally Posted by chipster
Hi, my first post! I am staying at the Berlin Marriott for a few days next month and I am on the "Concierge" level. Is that the same as the Club level, or is that different altogether? :) This is what my booking email said: GOVERNMENT RATE * EXECUTIVE ROOM (1KING / 2DOUBLES) * MAX 4 PPL BFST IN EXEC LOUNGE * HIGH SPEED INTERNET * MINIBAR * SAFE

Does that mean that my internet is free or available at 19euros a day?

I honestly don't know if they may be including high speed internet in your rate, but given your apparent lounge access (and it is a NICE lounge...make sure you check out the afternoon snacks too!!) I do know that they have three computers in a side room just off the TV room that provide free high speed access to the internet. Nice, new computers, flat screens, the works. :) So, one way or the other, it looks like you should have access to the net.

chipster Feb 16, 2005 11:48 am

and another thing...

Thanks Seabuddy - can I ask something else...
On some room rates with lounge access, they advertise "canapes and cocktails" in the lounge, but sometimes they don't seem to put this on the email. Do you know whether anyone with lounge access can go along for the "cocktails and canapes" or is it just a select few?

SeaBuddy Feb 16, 2005 3:24 pm

Once You're In The Lounge You're In The Lounge

Originally Posted by chipster
Thanks Seabuddy - can I ask something else...
On some room rates with lounge access, they advertise "canapes and cocktails" in the lounge, but sometimes they don't seem to put this on the email. Do you know whether anyone with lounge access can go along for the "cocktails and canapes" or is it just a select few?

Once you are in the lounge, you have access to all they have to offer. They don't check any special "service cards" or the like to vary the levels of service you receive. We had unlimited wine and great snacks each evening, and use of the three computers for high-speed internet access is on a first-come, first-served basis. This information is as of my most recent stay last May, so something MAY have changed since then, but I would find it unlikely. The lounge also has a great view over Pottsdamer Platz and downtown Berlin.

chipster Feb 17, 2005 11:13 am

thanks

Thanks SeaBuddy

Seattlenerd Dec 31, 2006 10:18 am

Courtyard Berlin City Center

My wife and I are spending four nights at the Courtyard Berlin City Center on a standard reward (Quality Room) this April. Not quite enough points for the Marriott in Berlin for the same length stay. (Indeed, we're staying at the Hilton nearby for the first two nights of our trip, also on points.)

I've searched the Forum, but can't find any comments/reviews on the Courtyard Berlin City Center. Any perspectives?

MikeBU Dec 31, 2006 1:34 pm

It's a nice, new property built with the new 'European Courtyard' model. It's a pretty decent location, on the East side, close enough to walk to Alexanderplatz and other areas in that part of the city. Also has an U-Bahn/S-Bahn stop a block away. My only problem was with the staff not understanding/giving me trouble with a Bonus Bucks-earning rate. It all worked out in the end, and I'd stay again at the right price.

Fripp Dec 31, 2006 3:37 pm

I stayed there this summer and the location is

excellent. Good shopping and restaurants nearby. Hotel was very nice, staff was helpful, and the breakfast buffet was excellent.

We were only there for a day and a half, but my family would go back in a minute. The part of the city we saw while driving around was beautiful. People were great to us.