Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Okinawa, Japan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Okinawa, Japan

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Marriott options in Okinawa

Thinking about booking a 5 night stay in August now (before the variable pricing makes it impossible).
Iraph Sui (8), Rensaissence (7), Ritz-Carlton (8), Sheraton SunMarina (7) seem to be the options. Which makes the most sense for someone wanting to take advantage of Titanium status?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
Thinking about booking a 5 night stay in August now (before the variable pricing makes it impossible).
Iraph Sui (8), Rensaissence (7), Ritz-Carlton (8), Sheraton SunMarina (7) seem to be the options. Which makes the most sense for someone wanting to take advantage of Titanium status?
I guess it also depends on what you want from the area and hotel as such. But I'd probably say Iraph Sui, just be aware that there are no beach directly in connection with the hotel.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 6:15 pm

What do you want to do? Just sit in the hotel all day? Iraph Sui is going to be the most aspirational property I think followed by the Ritz. The Renaissance was just renovated recently, but it's a pretty old property. Same with the SunMarina. That being said none of the Marriott properties on the main island of Okinawa are near anything. Miyako is a cool island, but after a few days I would be bored depending on what you are into.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 5:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
What do you want to do? Just sit in the hotel all day? Iraph Sui is going to be the most aspirational property I think followed by the Ritz. The Renaissance was just renovated recently, but it's a pretty old property. Same with the SunMarina. That being said none of the Marriott properties on the main island of Okinawa are near anything. Miyako is a cool island, but after a few days I would be bored depending on what you are into.
We'd like go as a couple, so walking and swimming are likely to be our main activities. We like places with a gym. Diving would also be on the list of activities to splurge on.

Over the last year and a half we have really been enjoying the lounges and free breakfasts, courtesy of plat/titanium status. It is iffy whether I'll get even Platinum in the future, so Feb 2023 is perhaps our deadline for burning these points.

I've been trying to sort out the pros and cons of each property, but much of the info is dated (aside from recent Iraph Sui reports). It is tricky to sort out what benefits there are with these 'resorts' and Covid rules in the mix.

One more thing to consider is that Iraph Sui would clear out all my points. I know it might be the only chance I get at such an "aspirational property," but on the other hand we could stay in Hakuba for 20 days for the same amount of points.

We have grown kids, but hard to know their schedules this far out.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 6:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
We'd like go as a couple, so walking and swimming are likely to be our main activities. We like places with a gym. Diving would also be on the list of activities to splurge on.

Over the last year and a half we have really been enjoying the lounges and free breakfasts, courtesy of plat/titanium status. It is iffy whether I'll get even Platinum in the future, so Feb 2023 is perhaps our deadline for burning these points.

I've been trying to sort out the pros and cons of each property, but much of the info is dated (aside from recent Iraph Sui reports). It is tricky to sort out what benefits there are with these 'resorts' and Covid rules in the mix.

One more thing to consider is that Iraph Sui would clear out all my points. I know it might be the only chance I get at such an "aspirational property," but on the other hand we could stay in Hakuba for 20 days for the same amount of points.

We have grown kids, but hard to know their schedules this far out.
Dont. Just don’t blow your account on Iraph Sui. It is NOT an aspirational property - there isn’t even a beach there! - and while it’s a nice property, sure, it’s certainly not worth emptying your account for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.