Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Barcelona Diagonal, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Barcelona Diagonal, Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
mini review

I am in house now. Thought it timely to add some current information....
The location is great (as others have suggested) especially if you are taking a cruise out of the Port of Barcelona. Decent dining options nearby - including Glories shopping centre. The Sheraton Fitness is tiny (12th) but has great views looking towards the water. The coffee makers are gone. Replaced with a goofy system where you can call room service once per day and order a coffee or a tea. To monitor this, there actually is a card in the room! (Reminded me of the old Meridien Toronto, where you received a coupon redeemable in the rest). The room service is open until 10:30 so I made it work for me. The breakfast option for Plats is full buffet. They have MaGc. Great service, open until 11 am. Hotel was super busy with cruise passengers. Meant early check in was not honoured but late check out was. Go figure! Overall, I would say its decent value for short stays.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Does anyone have an email address for this property? I sent a couple to [email protected] but no one replied.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Does anyone have an email address for this property? I sent a couple to [email protected] but no one replied.
[email protected] worked before the merger
Old Dec 1, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
more feedback

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
PM on its way!
BTW, do not set your sights high for this property. I had a very good experience at the Four Points Milan - so we took a chance on this one. It was a very bad decision:
- early check not honoured;
- no communication from the property prior to our stay;
- no Plat recognition (e.g. no bathrobes, suite upgrades, Plat amenities);
- the front desk staff offered comp lunch in lieu of early check in and then reneged on it;
- AC was turned off during our stay and the road noise made it diffcult to sleep;
- the fitness area (12th) is a joke.
IMO, this property is being run as a cash cow. It was a revolving door of cruise passengers. The management team is not responsive. For these reasons, every FT visiting BCN recommends the W or Le Meridien.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:36 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
It's disappointing you had a bad experience, but if you look at the reviews for this property, you'll see it was somewhat of an outlier. The comparison to the shabby Four Points Milan is especially surprising!
Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
PM on its way!
BTW, do not set your sights high for this property. I had a very good experience at the Four Points Milan - so we took a chance on this one. It was a very bad decision:
- the front desk staff offered comp lunch in lieu of early check in and then reneged on it;
- AC was turned off during our stay and the road noise made it diffcult to sleep;
IMO, this property is being run as a cash cow. It was a revolving door of cruise passengers. The management team is not responsive. For these reasons, every FT visiting BCN recommends the W or Le Meridien.
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I've stayed there many times, and had good experiences. I don't stay there with the same expectations as I would have at the Le Meridien or the W, which are on average roughly 2.5-3x the price of the Four Points by Sheraton. If I went in expecting a premium hotel at the Four Points in any location, I would likely be disappointed.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
This is a far better hotel than the 4P Milan. In fact I struggle to think of a better 4P in the world. And for that matter why anybody would want to pay double or triple for the Meridien...

But admittedly I'm a well-known guest here so that may impact more than a random Plat. And of course the changeover to Marriott might not have been all that smooth.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We stayed at this 4P a couple years ago. They reneged a preassigned much bigger room on a lower floor to an "upgrade" to the upper floor, and slipped an "upgraded" slip in the key folder. The real reason behind the downgrade from upgrade was they did not realize the room was sold the next day when we had a 3 days stay. It was the May Day holiday as well as lots of cruiseship passengers from the Transatlantic cruises that disembarked at Barcelona in around early May. GM came over to placate us, claiming upper floor has less street noise versus "you would hear all the noise at 3rd floor..."

Other than that, most things were fine. They honored the Green Choice at the time. We picked restaurant credit but the application of the credit was weird - i.e. could not be taken off the bill but to apply at check out. Restaurant foods were decent though. Love that location far more than either W or Le Meridien. W is too far on the beach and Le Meridien is too close to the most touristy part of Barcelona.

There is also a Renaissance on the side street by the upper Garcia.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:45 pm

PM on its way!
Surely not "every FT....recomm" I'm a FT and have said many good things about this hotel!
Early check in is offered based on availability and I've had it honored sometimes and sometimes not depending on occupancy. There are NO suites, nor bathrobes at this (or maybe any) FP. I'm always offered Plat amen (which is not a huge amount - some points). Their central control of the AC/heat can be annoying I agree but it is not an uncommon arrangement.
There are certainly a lot more cruise passengers in my most recent visits - but that hasn't really impacted my experience.
It is still my hotel of choice - maybe the only FP I would go out of my way to stay at!
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
I just checked out of this place on Wednesday. I'll stay there again. MAGC was 250 points or 5euro F&B credit. I applied 2 nights worth of credit to my bill at the bar.

Couldn't set the HVAC below 22c, but opening the window solved that really quickly. Took breakfast as my Plat amenity and it was fine.. Basic but can't complain for the price.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:14 am
formerly leemaj

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold, SW Companion Pass
I cancelled my stay here recently and switched over to the AC Barcelona near the mall. Price was similar but the hotel was a big upgrade from the 4pts
Old Dec 27, 2018, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The coffee makers are gone.
Recently stayed here after a few months of being away. Coffee machine is still there. Perhaps only in the upper floor Preferred / Premium rooms, which I am always given as a Plat.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: AA Gold
I am considering a 2-night stay here vs the AC Sants hotel in October at the end of a trip to Northern Spain. We will be dropping our rental car at the Sants train station and then leaving 2 days later for the airport so the AC Sants is a very convenient location. But the Four Points looks nicer and offers twin beds which it does not look like the AC Sants has.
Some things to note; I'm traveling with my mother and we both are Marriott Gold and each have a free night certificate we'd like to use (which is why we are considering these hotels).
The biggest issue for me is that the Four Points is much farther from the train station. We'd have to take a metro or bus to get there after dropping the car (we prefer taking public transportation over taxis and we travel fairly light with carry on luggage only). It's also that much farther from the airport when we leave 2 days later.
Given all that, any advice on which hotel to choose?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by wired2theworld
I am considering a 2-night stay here vs the AC Sants hotel in October at the end of a trip to Northern Spain. We will be dropping our rental car at the Sants train station and then leaving 2 days later for the airport so the AC Sants is a very convenient location. But the Four Points looks nicer and offers twin beds which it does not look like the AC Sants has.
Some things to note; I'm traveling with my mother and we both are Marriott Gold and each have a free night certificate we'd like to use (which is why we are considering these hotels).
The biggest issue for me is that the Four Points is much farther from the train station. We'd have to take a metro or bus to get there after dropping the car (we prefer taking public transportation over taxis and we travel fairly light with carry on luggage only). It's also that much farther from the airport when we leave 2 days later.
Given all that, any advice on which hotel to choose?
Don't know about the AC but there is a metro/train stop that is a 5-10 minute walk from the 4 pts (Barcelona El Clot-Arago stop) - directly to/from the airport (or 1 or 2 stops from Sants. You can use the t10 ticket on this (10 ride ticket for ? 10 e - not sure if 2 people can share one ticket) and also use this ticket to take the bus from 4 pts directly to tourist areas like Las Ramblas (altho u can actually walk to the beach and to la sagrada famalia).
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Very interesting pricing for this coming weekend:

April 6 €194
April 7 €134
April 8 €50000

Average rate (excluding tax) of €16776. Hotel Arts, Edition and W are all significantly cheaper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.