Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Barcelona Diagonal, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Barcelona Diagonal, Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by craigthemif
The negative comments mentioned above seemed a bit of an outlier to me, although I'm a repeat guest who doesn't need fancy or to be located on the Ramblas...

Titaniums get free breakfast.
Thank you. As stated just looking for clean and quiet. Upgrade would be nice but not needed. Free breakfast is a plus.
spainlover likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rstidolph
Any recent stays here?
I stayed there three nights in January and thought it was decent, particularly for the price, as the rate paid was about €60-65/nt with my corporate code, which included breakfast. The front desk sent up a bottle of wine as a benefit since I didn't have to use my Plat welcome benefit for breakfast.

I will say though, make sure that you request at check in that you not be in a connecting room. For whatever reason, my first room was a connecting room to another occupied room and I could hear every word. Worse they had two screaming little humans. I went to the front desk at 9pm on night 1 and told them I needed a new room. The FD rep gave me a new room (without a connecting door) on a different floor no questions asked. Why they bothered to put me in a connecting room when they seemed to have ample rooms available is a bit curious, but neither here nor there. Breakfast is decent. I'd stay again at the right price.
Old May 28, 2022, 8:25 pm

May 2022 impressions

We spent 8 days at the Four Points Barcelona this month and liked it a lot. Our average rate was ~€120 AAA in a King Corner room. We definitely wanted a corner room since we were there so long. The day before arrival, I messaged the hotel via the app to say that we would arrive in the morning and while I realized early check-in would probably not be possible (I could see they were sold out the night before), we definitely wanted a corner room. I figured they wouldn't try an upgrade since they were sold out, but since there are room types that look like they fall between the two corner categories, we didn't want to lose the space.

We arrived at the hotel by 11am and check-in was fast and our room was ready, so that was nice, especially as we didn't sleep much on the redeye to BCN. When we got to the room, I requested 2 additional pillows (only an extra comforter in the closet) and an additional chair via the app. Those arrived in a few minutes.

We had room 610 and didn't experience much noise from the street or from the connecting door to 609 (and there was a baby in 609 at the start of our stay). I'm going to include a pic of the floor plan, but if all of the floors are the same, x01-x10 from right to left facing Diagonal and then x11-x14 are on the back, which would be the direction of the sea. From the photos on the website, we think the x01 near the elevator might be the Executive Corner and x10 is the more basic Corner room. We liked x10 since it was at the end of the hallway.

You have a medium/small closet with shelves on one side and that is your primary area for storage. There is a bench at the foot of the bed. We missed having some soft seating, but we found the mattress to be acceptable. Housekeeping was good. The refrigerator was useful and they left 4 bottles of water everyday (2 on the desk and 2 in the fridge).

While I thought the bathroom storage would be small from the pictures, the counter isn't as shallow as I expected and that was all fine. We couldn't get the shower doors to perfectly seal most of the time, but the water pressure and temperature was good. I think the bar soap irritated my hands, so I stopped using that after a few days, but it didn't bother my husband.

The bigger issue for me is with the A/C. I don't think the room ever got below 71F in reality and I run hot most of the time, so I'm glad I had a small mini USB fan to plug in for sleeping. At first, we couldn't set the room below 20C. Going to the front desk the next day, they lowered it to 17C manually via their computer. At one point we found 17 a bit cool the next day, so we tried to nudge it up and it jumped to 20C and wouldn't come back down. Eventually maintenance came to the room, and in a conversation of Spanish and French, we learned that the units were locked to not go below 20C. I think we settled on 18, but then when we came back the next day, it was up to 21C or something, but we could then lower it to whatever we wanted. A bit confusing and while I pushed it down to 16C, like I said, I don't think it ever got below 71F at a consistent level. It was definitely cooler on the end of the room where the entrance/blower/desk is, but the cooler air didn't circulate as well to where the bed was. If you don't run hot like me, you probably will be fine, but just a warning if you do run hot.

Breakfast was great and popular. It is 7a-11a everyday and while we wish it had started a hair earlier a few days, the quality was high and a decent variety. Somedays/times it was fairly busy, but we never had to wait to get a table. Staff throughout the hotel were friendly and eager to serve, even to fellow guests who were definitely embracing the ugly American trope.

We liked the neighborhood a lot. It was lively in the evening with all the restaurants/shops along Rambla del Poblenou that start about a block south of the hotel. We had an enjoyable steak meal at Tierra del Fuego, an Argentinian parilla. We also like the Cruixent Barcelona bakery, especially if you like a very lemony tart. We used the Carrefour grocery regularly in the Glories mall. The Ibercaja bank about a block away had the lowest ATM withdrawal fee (just under €3); unfortunately the Deutsche Bank (no fees) branch in the area has permanently closed.

We found it easy to get to/from the airport. On the way to the hotel, we used Cabify (our preferred rideshare service when available) and it was €26 (Thursday 10am). On the way back to the airport (Friday 7:30am), Cabify was around €36 and I was going to call it once we got to the curb, but there was is a taxi stand behind the hotel and a good sized taxi was waiting there (we had a fair bit of luggage), so we did that and it was a hair less than Cabify.

In terms of getting around, we used the 7 bus the most. It goes between the hotel and downtown and is frequent. When coming back to the hotel, the stop is less than 50m from the front door and the stop going towards downtown is just across the street and just about 100m. We also used the V25 and H14 buses (the Transit app works great here as it does in most other cities, but the locals don't seem to use it much) and we used the T4 tram and L1 subway as well.

Overall an enjoyable stay, especially for the price point and location.
spainlover and 36902BRF like this.

Last edited by wcj1; May 28, 2022 at 11:31 pm
Old Dec 19, 2022, 2:06 pm

Question

Hi.

Does anyone know if the guest rooms have heating?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but it's kinda important for us - it can/will be cold in December/January.

Thanks.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Originally Posted by decentmove
Hi.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but it's kinda important for us - it can/will be cold in December/January.

Thanks.
yes, they do. Heating and A/C.
decentmove likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 5:59 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by decentmove
Hi.

Thanks.
Yes, but I believe the temperature is centrally controlled - you can change the temp on the wall but it has no effect - so yes to heating but don't count on choosing the specific temp you want
decentmove likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100
Originally Posted by estnet
Yes, but I believe the temperature is centrally controlled - you can change the temp on the wall but it has no effect - so yes to heating but don't count on choosing the specific temp you want
In my experience it was a bit dependent on the room. In some rooms increasing temperature and setting fan on 3 didn't have much impact, while in the other rooms it seemed to heat up to some degree.
decentmove likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 12:02 pm

I stayed at this property recently and I have to say for what it is I was impressed. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. I got an upgraded room for being Bonvoy Platinum but I think it was just a higher floor. Not complaining the room was prefect for me. Room was decently large for Europe and came with a fridge which is nice. Breakfast was quite good especially considering the level of the hotel. Location isn't bad but it also isn't at the center of things it is fairly close to a couple of subway stations and the buses stop near the hotel as well. The immediate neighborhood was quite nice. All in all for the price I'd stay here again. Weather was mild so cannot comment on the HVAC issues discussed earlier but the room was perfectly comfortable when I was there.

Oh and I got a welcome gift of some macarons.

Last edited by 36902BRF; Apr 19, 2024 at 1:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.