Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Barcelona Diagonal, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:26 pm

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by BenSenise
september? 2013?
Yes
Old Jan 28, 2013, 1:44 pm

Browsing this thread, a couple of transportation options I saw were train (10 min walk), Bus (stop right in front of the hotel) and Tram. Could someone tell me more about the Tram service in Barcelona?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 5:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NetBrowser07
Browsing this thread, a couple of transportation options I saw were train (10 min walk), Bus (stop right in front of the hotel) and Tram. Could someone tell me more about the Tram service in Barcelona?
go to www.tram.cat for tram info. it's the T4 that passes in front of the FourPoints. This link will give you a pdf map of the tram lines.

for other public transport (bus and metro), go to www.tmb.cat

if you have any specific questions after that, i'd be glad to help.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 6:08 pm

Thanks for replying. Does the tram go the city centre?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 8:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NetBrowser07
Thanks for replying. Does the tram go the city centre?
no.

your best bet for getting to the center is to hop on the metro at Glories which is 3 or 4 blocks to the north-west (up Diagonal). there's a bus right out front that goes up diagonal. it cuts down a bit before Paseo de Gracia which is a main street that goes down to Plaça Catalunya.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
four points diagonal - BEST STAFF

Old question - the bus #7 which stops 1 block away (going downtown) and directly to the side of the hotel coming back goes downtown.

This hotel was a delightful surprise! Some of the BEST and most helpful front desk staff ever! Rooms are kept very clean and any problems are dealt with quickly and with exceptional courtesy.
Many restaurants within walking distance, 15-20 minute walk to the ocean or to Sagrada Familia in the other direction. Lovely to be out of the mad tourist areas but able to get there so easily with public transport - and you save a lot of money (and hassle from touts and pickpockets) from being in a more residential neighborhood.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by estnet
This hotel was a delightful surprise! Some of the BEST and most helpful front desk staff ever! Rooms are kept very clean and any problems are dealt with quickly and with exceptional courtesy.
Many restaurants within walking distance, 15-20 minute walk to the ocean or to Sagrada Familia in the other direction. Lovely to be out of the mad tourist areas but able to get there so easily with public transport - and you save a lot of money (and hassle from touts and pickpockets) from being in a more residential neighborhood.
Holding a 9 night reservation next April it's good to read the many positive reviews for this hotel as it does seem an exceptional value.

Has anyone been at this Four Points on a longer stay or has it been mostly the shorter, 2-3 night length? Just curious.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:52 pm

Programs: SPG LTP
Originally Posted by tcook052
Holding a 9 night reservation next April it's good to read the many positive reviews for this hotel as it does seem an exceptional value.

Has anyone been at this Four Points on a longer stay or has it been mostly the shorter, 2-3 night length? Just curious.
Spent 6 nights earlier this year, was also very happy with the stay: good value overall, nice breakfast (took that as Plat amenity), and also very positive about neighbourhood. Probably not so good if on a first 2-3day stay in Barcelona, but if you stay long enough or know the city a bit already, can't go wrong here. Mental note that it is of course a FP: rooms up-to-standard, but not comparable to LM or W.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 1:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by KittyCat
Spent 6 nights earlier this year, was also very happy with the stay: good value overall, nice breakfast (took that as Plat amenity), and also very positive about neighbourhood. Probably not so good if on a first 2-3day stay in Barcelona, but if you stay long enough or know the city a bit already, can't go wrong here. Mental note that it is of course a FP: rooms up-to-standard, but not comparable to LM or W.
Thanks for the update.

I could split my 9 nights between this Four Points and a Melia or Tryp hotel as I have awards with that chain but I try to avoid jumping hotels during a stay as any gain in seeing the city in a different area is IMHO offset by the inconvenience factor of having to lose a chunk of one day packing, checking out of one hotel and checking in to another. I do have loads of time to make decisions but will hold all 9 nights at this location for now.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I am here now for 3 nights, and I find this place to be a mixed bag. The location is good and I like the area. Very easy getting downtown with bus or metro or even tram.

The staff is good as well...

However, I was little bit dissappointed with my Comfort room. I find it to be too spartan. It is just a large corner room with a bed and a desk with a tv. The TV is veeery far from the bed, it's a little bit annoying.

They should have put some sofa or lounge chairs into those rooms, there is ample space for it. There is no available socklets as well, every single one is used for either a lamp, a telephone or a clockradio. Annoying.

They could also make the bar cozier

Apart from that it is a hotel hotel.

3 out of 5 from me. AND, location is NOT dragging it down.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skrosvik
I
The staff is good as well...

However, I was little bit dissappointed with my Comfort room. I find it to be too spartan. It is just a large corner room with a bed and a desk with a tv. The TV is veeery far from the bed, it's a little bit annoying.
I rather like those large corner rooms...

Staff are definitely great. (most of them know me by name) I do a lot of mattress runs there, and the running joke with the staff is that I need to try each of the 100+ rooms at least once... Even though most of the time I'm only in the room for 5 minutes before going home again...
Old Apr 7, 2014, 3:16 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I rather like those large corner rooms...

Staff are definitely great. (most of them know me by name) I do a lot of mattress runs there, and the running joke with the staff is that I need to try each of the 100+ rooms at least once... Even though most of the time I'm only in the room for 5 minutes before going home again...

Hehehe, maybe you should STAY here to understand what I mean then

Agree that staff are great. Very helpful and serviceminded.

Please get some comfortable chairs in the bar...Usually I am "rewinding" in the bar every night, and those high bar stalls are killing me

PS! Last night there was an pickpocketing episode in the bar...really have to take EXTRA care in BCN. Very uncomfortable!
Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:24 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold, HH Silver
I've been to Barcelona before, but am not terribly familiar with it. Am flying in to meet a friend who is doing a writing fellowship just outside BCN. I fly in the morning of the 29th from EWR and then we fly out on the 30th late in the evening. This seems convenient enough to do on the REFRE (as convenient as such a short visit can be) - any thoughts? Much appreciated!
Old Aug 24, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold, HH Silver
Smile Stay Report Barcelona Four Points July 28, 2014

Had an overnight stay here, booked with points (7,000). Since I was in transit to Morocco and meeting a friend, I thought it was relatively inexpensive, relatively convenient, and in case I had issues on the first leg, there would likely be helpful staff. All true.

The train (REFRE) from the airport is a bit of a hike, especially if you idiotically accidentally get off at the wrong stop. When my friend and I returned to the airport, road construction makes the walk to REFRE (which takes you to the airport train station where you may walk across a bridge to your terminal or the bus to your terminal) about 20 minutes. If you are really loaded down, its not magical, but it was my budget option.

The staff was wonderful on checkin. I was greeted as gold, got early checkin and offered and accepted late checkout, put on a preferred floor, offered amenities (since wi-fi is already given, I chose points - 125 - weird to get points for a stay that I booked with points but thanks), given a lovely room with robes and a good shower, etc., two free bottles of water (which you could refill in the gym at their water cooler and which they let us do after we'd checked out). My main bag didn't come and the front desk was awesome about making sure that since I was leaving the next day that if the airport called and it wasn't getting in today, it would get held at the airport instead of missing me by being delivered to the hotel after I'd left.

The decor is modern, not terribly charming, but very comfortable.

Since my bag was lost, I was pleased that there was a mall w/ an H&M and a Zara nearby so I could get a new, cheap outfit for the evening and wash my other stuff. And if you want to break it in easy, there is a starbucks (coffee in europe tends to be amazing to me, so no Starbucks for me). Lots of restaurant options in that mall, too. This would probably be great if you were traveling with kiddos.

The neighborhood is pretty modern and charmless. I walked to the Barri Gothic - boring walk and long. After that took the metro (about a 7-10 minute walk from the hotel). The metro system in Barcelona is amazing, so that was no issue. There is some kind of construction though, so had to get on a metro back by midnight (not a terrible problem for me because I wanted to try to get on some kind of normal schedule).

In the morning, 15 minute walk to sagrada familia, then metro down to las ramblas, etc. Met my friend back at hotel, checked out, and stowed our bags before going back for dinner.

Bags provided expeditiously and we were pointed in the direction of the airport train.

Not charming, but efficient and suited my needs.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
One thing I haven't seen mentioned a lot is how amazing the in-house restaurant is. Three-course meal for less than 20€ is definitely something I didn't expect from a 4* hotel, let alone one in a touristy place such as Barcelona. Rather than overcharge you for convenience, the restaurant has come up with several balanced, budget options depending on how big of a meal you want. The range of food is also amazing, from standard-fare pizzas and burgers to seafood paella and chicken in orange sauce. Loved it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.