Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Doha, Qatar

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Doha, Qatar

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2020, 1:58 pm

Programs: AAexec Paltinum , Hilton Lifetime diamond, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by Antarius
I'd chalk up Doha and the Maldives (and Abu Dhabi) in the same boat.Spent a lot of time in Doha and Abu Dhabi, and like Las Vegas, it gets old after a couple of days.

I guess, when Oman and a cultural marvel like Petra are nearby, sitting in Doha seems like opportunity lost.
I have never looked into Oman till now, and yes the hotels look nice and the beaches look nice as well, but my idea of vacation isnt to jump from city to city. If i wanted to do that id go on a cruise. 2 days in qatar, 2 days in oman, 2 days in petra, thats not vacation with 2 little ones, thats something i would do when i was 20.

I dont know the situation of anyone who is replying, and i appreciate all of the feedback from everyone, but since you dont know me i would say that i take big trips at least once a year with the family, so we will be back in the area and can visit Petra, or Oman, maybe next year or the year after, etc. Petra i would do when i am In Israel as a one day or 2 day excursion. For the people who are showing me chet in muscat, please take a look at the Waldorph Astoria Maldives and tell me why i would travel from that hotel to the hotels in Oman. which would be the same thing but a middle eastern vibe. But i appreciate people bringing up Oman or i would have never looked to ever go there as a country, especially when i live in los angeles.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by laguy35
I have never looked into Oman till now, and yes the hotels look nice and the beaches look nice as well, but my idea of vacation isnt to jump from city to city. If i wanted to do that id go on a cruise. 2 days in qatar, 2 days in oman, 2 days in petra, thats not vacation with 2 little ones, thats something i would do when i was 20.

I dont know the situation of anyone who is replying, and i appreciate all of the feedback from everyone, but since you dont know me i would say that i take big trips at least once a year with the family, so we will be back in the area and can visit Petra, or Oman, maybe next year or the year after, etc. Petra i would do when i am In Israel as a one day or 2 day excursion. For the people who are showing me chet in muscat, please take a look at the Waldorph Astoria Maldives and tell me why i would travel from that hotel to the hotels in Oman. which would be the same thing but a middle eastern vibe. But i appreciate people bringing up Oman or i would have never looked to ever go there as a country, especially when i live in los angeles.
The goal isn't to go to Muscat and stay at the hotel only. It has nice hotels, but there is a lot more to see and experience in Oman as a country; as opposed to the Maldives, which is much more resort/hotel centric and the activities that come there. No right or wrong, just different types of vacations.

Enjoy your trip!
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:20 am

There is live video of the Doha STR on fire right now!
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: AAexec Paltinum , Hilton Lifetime diamond, Marriot Titanium
can you send the link
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:36 am

Check Doha News. But now the Ministry is stating “small” fire outside the hotel.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:38 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Downunderdesert
There is live video of the Doha STR on fire right now!
Originally Posted by laguy35
can you send the link
Stay calm, people, it's supposed to be minor and involved carpet burning outside the hotel - link here. Damage is apparently minimal and OUTSIDE the buildings - no interiors affected.

This is summer in the Gulf - fires are extremely common due to the extreme temperatures this time of year.

khabah
Old Sep 5, 2021, 12:01 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Looking to do a quick 2-nighter in Doha, Dec 31-Jan 2, before flying to MLE. We are a couple, no children. What property would you guys recommend?
Old Sep 5, 2021, 2:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
Looking to do a quick 2-nighter in Doha, Dec 31-Jan 2, before flying to MLE. We are a couple, no children. What property would you guys recommend?
W or St Regis
Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Are hotels in Doha already sold out for the world cup in November or have they not released the rooms yet?

Seems like all of November and most of December are currently showing unavailable
Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Are hotels in Doha already sold out for the world cup in November or have they not released the rooms yet?

Seems like all of November and most of December are currently showing unavailable
there will be some kind of portal where it will be possible to book hotels for that period.

this one appears to be the official portal
https://www.qatar2022.qa/book

but there clearly will be a major shortage
https://apnews.com/article/soccer-sp...d08859090185ef
FlyingFrZ likes this.

Last edited by CanaryWharf; Jan 27, 2022 at 2:58 pm
Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CanaryWharf
there will be some kind of portal where it will be possible to book hotels for that period.

this one appears to be the official portal
https://www.qatar2022.qa/book

but there clearly will be a major shortage
https://apnews.com/article/soccer-sp...d08859090185ef
Thank you for this. Very helpful

​​​​​
CanaryWharf likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hi All,
Planning a stay in Doha during transit. Will arrive at 5PM and leave the next day at 8AM. Is Sharq village a good option? Very light sleeper, open to other recommendations as well. Thanks in advance.
Old May 13, 2022, 10:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by mediator
Hi All,
Planning a stay in Doha during transit. Will arrive at 5PM and leave the next day at 8AM. Is Sharq village a good option? Very light sleeper, open to other recommendations as well. Thanks in advance.
I once had a similar itinerary of a few hours in Doha, and stayed at the Four Points. You can access it via a few stops on the metro from the airport, get off at Msheireb station and walk out of an exit right in front of the hotel entrance. Hotel was clean and quiet, I was upgraded to a large suite with separate living room and bedroom, and Jacuzzi in the bathroom. You can walk through the metro tunnels into the Msheireb development itself to grab food, walk through the well-designed streets, lumber to Souq Waqif nearby and enjoy a relaxing few hours. Would recommend.

khabah
mediator likes this.
Old May 14, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by khabah
I once had a similar itinerary of a few hours in Doha, and stayed at the Four Points. You can access it via a few stops on the metro from the airport, get off at Msheireb station and walk out of an exit right in front of the hotel entrance. Hotel was clean and quiet, I was upgraded to a large suite with separate living room and bedroom, and Jacuzzi in the bathroom. You can walk through the metro tunnels into the Msheireb development itself to grab food, walk through the well-designed streets, lumber to Souq Waqif nearby and enjoy a relaxing few hours. Would recommend.

khabah
Thank you for the reply. I am a little hesitate to stay at the Four Points due to the hotel has smoking rooms. I am very allergic to fumes. In that case, is the Sharq village the better option (or else)?
Old May 14, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ

all the hotels from the chains (Marriott included) don’t have any availability as all the period held by supreme committee.

i had to change my next 5 nights stay (at Ritz shark) to check out on the 1st of November (30th of October last available date)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.