Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 3, 2015, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hotel website: Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa

Property a Cat 4 (valid as of October 3 2015), so Cat 1-4 or Cat 1-5 certs can be used.

Elite benefits include (valid as of October 3 2015):

* Complimentary pot of coffee or tea with wake-up call
* Complimentary in-room Internet access
* Complimentary local phone calls throughout Rayong province
* Complimentary 2 pieces pressing (normal service)
* Complimentary 20 pages of black and white copies
* 20% discount on breakfast & dinner buffet
* 15% discount off normal laundry service
* 20% discount off all treatments at Quan Spa (not applicable with special promotions)
Print Wikipost

Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2011, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Second Delayed opening

Guess they were overly optimistic as it now looks like June at the earliest.................
Old Jan 11, 2012, 3:10 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
yeah june according to hp :-(
at least seems to realize in the end... - as opposed to "Phuket Marriott Kamala Cove" and "JW Marriott Samui" :-(

Last edited by Chris26WI; Jan 11, 2012 at 3:46 am
Old Jan 11, 2012, 3:12 am

seems it will look somewhat like this

or this http://www.facebook.com/MarriottRayong?sk=wall

Last edited by Chris26WI; Jan 11, 2012 at 3:21 am
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by Chris26WI
seems it will look somewhat like this

or this http://www.facebook.com/MarriottRayong?sk=wall
Fingers crossed it will be a good alternative to the Pattaya property which is about to cease to be a Marriott.

UPDATE - Seems the rumour about Pattaya ceasing to be a Marriott was unfounded. I should be in Pattaya next month.

Last edited by johnaalex; Mar 16, 2012 at 8:07 am
Old Mar 16, 2012, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
Guess they were overly optimistic as it now looks like June at the earliest.................
September 2012 now...
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
September 2012 now...
I hope to be in Pattaya next month and will do a trip to check out the location of this new property and feed back here.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Marriott.com's website sure has changed this properties opening, again, from June to September, but in Point Savers the property has the following May-June offer:

Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa
Be the first to stay, save 11% . Stay week day for 3 nights get 1000 points more.
May 28 - June 8, 2012

Now, how can that be!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

September 2012 now...
Old Mar 17, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: LAN Commodore
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
Now, how can that be!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????
Soft opening?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 5:16 pm
Suspended

if it were for a soft opening then you could currently make a reservation, however you can't............... I suspect that this PS was posted when the property thought they could open in June, however that was a pipe dream!

Originally Posted by david_33
Soft opening?

Last edited by BKKLEE; Apr 17, 2012 at 4:04 am
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:07 am
Suspended

Club Marriott, the successor to Marriott Gold, e-mailed me that the Rayong Marriott will open in September and they will be a members of both the old and new clubs so perhaps the several times delayed opening in Rayong will now actually take place (personally, I hope so..............)
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:16 pm
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Thumbs up Soft Openings are wonderful!

:-::-: As soon as I learned of the Phuket property soft opening, I flew down from the Marrriott BKK Resort, another of my favorites on opening.
It was Christmas week and a very relaxed week with extras like Van to & From town, Upgraded Suite Ocean view with landscape being planted.

Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:24 pm
Suspended

this thread is regarding the (hopefully) soon to open Rayong Marriott

that being said, as far as I recall, the last Marriott to open in Phuket was the Renaissance and the BKK Marriott deflagged a year ago so your comments are intended as ????

Originally Posted by R&R
:-::-: As soon as I learned of the Phuket property soft opening, I flew down from the Marrriott BKK Resort, another of my favorites on opening.
It was Christmas week and a very relaxed week with extras like Van to & From town, Upgraded Suite Ocean view with landscape being planted.

Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:53 am
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Thumbs up Yes, my comment was about Soft Openings!

My reference was for the Phuket Marriott Resort soft opening, and the BKK Marriott Resort Opening, which is rebranding now some years later.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 7:14 am

Quick report after a visit to this property

As we know the hotel is not open yet and there is still building work going on, but when I went to visit the property today I spoke with Front Office Manager, a nice young lady called New. She took me to look around the loby area, but I was not allowed to take photos inside the hotel.

Both New and the GM, Richard Wallace who later sent me an e-mail thanking for my interest in the hotel, said September is the month they will open. I think that they should make it, but knowing Thailand as I do, not all things might be fully finished

It does look like it will be a very nice hotel, It overlooks the beach beach and has three swimming pools.

On the down side there is nothing within walking distance apart from a big hotel next door that is has the same owners but is not a Marriott. When I say within walking distance, the nears restaurants and bars are about 3 miles away and there is not a lot there. Also there will not be any Executive Lounge. So maybe a nice place for a couple of days, but not a good substitute for the Patong Courtyard or even Hua Hin Marriott

One photo of the hotel

Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa by johnaalex, on Flickr

Neaby beach

Beach at Chak Phong, Rayong-2 by johnaalex, on Flickr
Old Jun 25, 2012, 3:14 am
Suspended

little birdy informs me that staff from JW Bangkok are leaving to start new position at Rayong Marriott........................ since this move will be in mid-July perhaps the September opening, even if it's only soft opening will actually come to fruition............... even if nothing available yet on Marriott.com

Any comment by the hotel itself would be appreciated..............

[QUOTE=johnaalex;18421972]As we know the hotel is not open yet and there is still building work going on, but when I went to visit the property today I spoke with Front Office Manager, a nice young lady called New. She took me to look around the loby area, but I was not allowed to take photos inside the hotel.

Both New and the GM, Richard Wallace who later sent me an e-mail thanking for my interest in the hotel, said September is the month they will open. I think that they should make it, but knowing Thailand as I do, not all things might be fully finished

It does look like it will be a very nice hotel, It overlooks the beach beach and has three swimming pools.

Last edited by BKKLEE; Jun 25, 2012 at 5:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.