Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 3, 2015, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hotel website: Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa

Property a Cat 4 (valid as of October 3 2015), so Cat 1-4 or Cat 1-5 certs can be used.

Elite benefits include (valid as of October 3 2015):

* Complimentary pot of coffee or tea with wake-up call
* Complimentary in-room Internet access
* Complimentary local phone calls throughout Rayong province
* Complimentary 2 pieces pressing (normal service)
* Complimentary 20 pages of black and white copies
* 20% discount on breakfast & dinner buffet
* 15% discount off normal laundry service
* 20% discount off all treatments at Quan Spa (not applicable with special promotions)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2011, 12:06 am
cln
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold

"Opening in October 2011Set along the eastern Thai coastline, guests of Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa can enjoy the beautiful beach and the rich coral sea life whilst taking part in beachfront resort activities and boat excursions to nearby Islands, such as Koh Samet and Koh Man Islands. Alternatively, explore the scenic National parks, idyllic waterfalls and limestone caves in Rayong province as well as experience the freshly caught seafood from the neighboring fishing villages.This unique and quieter part of Thailand is also ideal for groups and teambuilds. Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa has extensive meeting facilities and can tailor make packages for any inspiring program both onsite and offsite. The local Thai lifestyle and culture will certainly relax and re-energise any participant.
Read More Marriott Rewards category: 4 "

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...esort-and-spa/
Old May 13, 2011, 1:41 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Based on previous experience of opening dates of new properties in Thailand I wonder how realistic the October date for this hotel is?
Old May 14, 2011, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by johnaalex
Based on previous experience of opening dates of new properties in Thailand I wonder how realistic the October date for this hotel is?
Typically, once a property is advertised at Marriott.com, it is going to happen.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 5:05 am

How can i get job in new hotel?
now i am working at the hotel in pattaya
Old Jul 25, 2011, 4:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
latest news from the hotel folks directly is late January (notice I didn't state the year!)

Old Jul 25, 2011, 4:54 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
latest news from the hotel folks directly is late January (notice I didn't state the year!)
LOL

I maybe in Pattaya in Januay and if so I will see if I can get a look at this new property.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 5:12 am
Suspended

its about 25 miles east of Utapao just off Main Rd #3
if you're taking the beach road it will be just east of Koh Samet

LOL

I maybe in Pattaya in Januay and if so I will see if I can get a look at this new property.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by travelexpert
Typically, once a property is advertised at Marriott.com, it is going to happen.
Sadly not my experience, especially where resorts are involved, maybe I was unlucky, was waiting and waiting to use hotel portions of travel packages at resort's that never opened

JW Marriott Fiji
Renaissance Bali
and JW Marriott Mauritius

All kept being delayed on marriott.com and then disappeared of the radar completely.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:40 am
cln
Original Poster

I hope it is going to open in November...
The Marriott Resort in Bangkok will be rebranded as Anantara so maybe the Rayong resort is filling the gap.....
I liked the resort in Bangkok... loved the upgrades and the lounge....

I think Rayong has a potential as future tourist spot. ( it is already but on a small scale ). If it is really going to open i will be there early december... =)

The website states "to book a room just call us" ....
I called.. it was still unable to book... agent could only provide an email adress and assumed it was only open for group bookings/events...

If i am bored enough i will send them an email and ask about the current progress
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by cln
If i am bored enough i will send them an email and ask about the current progress
Any updates are of interest to me as I also think this maybe a nice alternative to the Resort & Spa. I will be in Pattaya in January and would like to get a look at this new property.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 1:11 am
Suspended

Marriott.com now saying April 2012, which is a 5-month delay in previous schedule, so I just e-mailed my contact at the hotel to find out the "inside" info on whats up..............

Any updates are of interest to me as I also think this maybe a nice alternative to the Resort & Spa. I will be in Pattaya in January and would like to get a look at this new property.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 1:16 am

Marriott.com now saying April 2012, which is a 5-month delay in previous schedule
No surpise here

I just e-mailed my contact at the hotel to find out the "inside" info on whats up..............
Thanks.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:04 am
Suspended

The folks at the property say that April is latest opening, however earlier dates are still possible if..............
Old Aug 27, 2011, 11:24 am
cln
Original Poster

:/ Well, ... april 2012 is quite a bit of a delay.......... But at least the project is still up...
Old Aug 27, 2011, 10:16 pm
Suspended

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by BKKLEE; Dec 9, 2011 at 6:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.