Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 3, 2015, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hotel website: Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa

Property a Cat 4 (valid as of October 3 2015), so Cat 1-4 or Cat 1-5 certs can be used.

Elite benefits include (valid as of October 3 2015):

* Complimentary pot of coffee or tea with wake-up call
* Complimentary in-room Internet access
* Complimentary local phone calls throughout Rayong province
* Complimentary 2 pieces pressing (normal service)
* Complimentary 20 pages of black and white copies
* 20% discount on breakfast & dinner buffet
* 15% discount off normal laundry service
* 20% discount off all treatments at Quan Spa (not applicable with special promotions)
Print Wikipost

Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2023, 9:15 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Anyone stayed there since Thailand opened up again? Say, in the last year?

Or anyone care to comment on whether this place is worth going to as a destination in its own right? I'm trying to decide whether to go here, one of the Pattaya properties, or the Marriott Hua Hin for three days in August. Haven't been to any of them before and will get a car to drive us there from Bangers. Don't care about the price differences. Really, just want to find out if the resort itself is okay to hang out in. Recent reviews on TA are largely abysmal.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 9:37 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by ftrichard
Anyone stayed there since Thailand opened up again? Say, in the last year?

Or anyone care to comment on whether this place is worth going to as a destination in its own right? I'm trying to decide whether to go here, one of the Pattaya properties, or the Marriott Hua Hin for three days in August. Haven't been to any of them before and will get a car to drive us there from Bangers. Don't care about the price differences. Really, just want to find out if the resort itself is okay to hang out in. Recent reviews on TA are largely abysmal.
I had this booked, have stayed before, but cancelled and decided to go to the Marriott HH. Firstly this hotel is a little remote. As you have a car this wouldn't be so much of a problem. Now the Marriott HH is great and you have a lot of options near by. Resort is great also as with the Rayong property right on the beach.
ftrichard likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
stayed there twice last winter season. after staying in Phuket and samui und bkk (for years spending my winters in Thailand) and experience an absolut crazy zoo in all of these places, Rayong Marriott is an absolut heaven of peace and quiet. at least during the week.
it will be somewhat busy with thais and their extended families over the weekends and holiday days.
During my stay, no more than 5-10 people at the pool, a nice local thai restaurant nearby at the beach and the beach.... endless and quiet!!
Not one war criminal or their f*** kids and blonde bimbo wifes anywhere near there.
you do need a car, if you want to get there and there is nothing really nearby to visit. but for relaxation and a nice swim = perfect!

Edit: just read the TA reviews, I don't need service at the pool, I eat thai food outside and don't require a huge breakfast buffet, so for me it was perfect. Pool clean and quit, beach endless and sunny, water warm. wine cold. room nice with balcony and sea view
CO-PLAT, narvik, ftrichard and 1 others like this.

Last edited by nilsfr69; Jul 3, 2023 at 11:57 am Reason: edit
Old Jul 3, 2023, 5:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by nilsfr69
SNIP

Not one war criminal or their f*** kids and blonde bimbo wifes anywhere near there.

SNIP
You know Thai resorts well. This alone is a reason to head to Rayong.
CO-PLAT and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 5:50 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Do you know if snorkeling off the beach is possible and if there is anything to see? All the hotel said is that "it's run by another company"??
If I am coming from Bangkok without a car (would take a taxi) if I want to go anywhere (except the restaurant on the beach) any idea how far to town and if grab works there?
Also anyone with status have experience with upgrades?

stayed there twice last winter season. after staying in Phuket and samui und bkk (for years spending my winters in Thailand) and experience an absolut crazy zoo in all of these places, Rayong Marriott is an absolut heaven of peace and quiet. at least during the week.
it will be somewhat busy with thais and their extended families over the weekends and holiday days.
During my stay, no more than 5-10 people at the pool, a nice local thai restaurant nearby at the beach and the beach.... endless and quiet!!
you do need a car, if you want to get there and there is nothing really nearby to visit. but for relaxation and a nice swim = perfect!

Edit: just read the TA reviews, I don't need service at the pool, I eat thai food outside and don't require a huge breakfast buffet, so for me it was perfect. Pool clean and quit, beach endless and sunny, water warm. wine cold. room nice with balcony and sea view
Old Dec 1, 2023, 10:50 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I am thinking about this resort for late January/early Feb if the burning season in Chiang Mai is too much to handle.

In the past we stayed at the Le Meridien Phuket and it included a whole bunch of free beach activities. Is that the case in Rayong?
Old Dec 2, 2023, 6:09 am

Staying there right now. it is QUIET and absolutely relaxing. Breakfast food is plenty but could be improved, regarding the taste. Even my Thai friends think it is not good thai tasting food.
snorkelling? The water is not blue and clear, at least not at the moment but perfectly enjoyable. There are some small thai beach restaurants nearby but the beach is endless.
They have some kayaks to rent/use but I think that is all the beach activity you get.
I am here to relax, enjoy some audible books and get away from all the idiots in Phuket etc.
There is a small beach town further up to the east, but without a car ... Some people rent motorbikes with added side cars. I have ever seen this here in Rayong.
I will come back in January, just for the relaxing, quiet atmosphere.
estnet, JapanFlyerT and narvik like this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 12:46 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Thank you. I was supposed to come today for 4 days but I was very sick the day before the last day for cancellation (3 days before) so I cancelled not know how long I'd be sick. Got better quickly but res gone - think I would have liked it but not having good food options (no trans and not riding bikes) walking distance is a negative for me Too bad the hotel food isn't good - that would be a saving grace for me. I guess if there aren't a lot of guests it doesn't pay for local places nearby to be open

Staying there right now. it is QUIET and absolutely relaxing. Breakfast food is plenty but could be improved, regarding the taste. Even my Thai friends think it is not good thai tasting food.
snorkelling? The water is not blue and clear, at least not at the moment but perfectly enjoyable. There are some small thai beach restaurants nearby but the beach is endless.
They have some kayaks to rent/use but I think that is all the beach activity you get.
I am here to relax, enjoy some audible books and get away from all the idiots in Phuket etc.
There is a small beach town further up to the east, but without a car ... Some people rent motorbikes with added side cars. I have ever seen this here in Rayong.
I will come back in January, just for the relaxing, quiet atmosphere.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by estnet
Too bad the hotel food isn't good - that would be a saving grace for me.
The poster who mentioned some negative aspects of the breakfast has a much more recent experience than I do, as I haven't been back since 2019 January 2020, but am planning a trip in Feb 2024.
The relaxing atmosphere AND the outstanding food is what drew me to this hotel/location.
There is an onsite small, beachfront fish restaurant that was absolutely fantastic.
We'll be very disappointed if the food took a nosedive, as that was one of the highlights of this Marriott before.

estnet likes this.

Last edited by narvik; Dec 7, 2023 at 12:54 pm
Old Dec 7, 2023, 10:48 pm

I had dinner at "Fishbar" their open Terrace beach restaurant once, last week and I loved it (sunset views are spectacular there). The seafood was good and the view perfect.
my comment about the food was specifically about the breakfast and more specific, about the thai option at breakfast, even my thai friends did not like the taste.
but as always, tastes are different.
(we did like the thai food better at the outside (small) beach restaurant, 5 minutes from the hotel)
narvik likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 9:36 am

I had dinner at "Fishbar" their open Terrace beach restaurant once, last week and I loved it (sunset views are spectacular there). The seafood was good and the view perfect.
my comment about the food was specifically about the breakfast and more specific, about the thai option at breakfast, even my thai friends did not like the taste.
but as always, tastes are different.
(we did like the thai food better at the outside (small) beach restaurant, 5 minutes from the hotel)
Planning to stay here for the first time Christmas weekend. Is the off site resturant you are referring to called One Beach Resturant? If so, can you walk along the beach to get to it?
Old Dec 8, 2023, 12:03 pm

yes and yes
(use mosquito spray after 5pm, the beasts are vicious )
EVA777 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 11:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Is there a lounge of like most resorts now, almost no benefits for Elites ?
Old Mar 21, 2024, 2:00 am

no lounge, no drink benefits (2 welcome drinks)
Old Mar 21, 2024, 4:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
no lounge, no drink benefits (2 welcome drinks)

Thank you, as expected

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.