Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Recommended Marriott family friendly hotels in London/Paris?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recommended Marriott family friendly hotels in London/Paris?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat+++
Originally Posted by anotherbrian

In Paris we stayed for five nights at the Le Parc Trocadero on points + 50EUR/night and it was fantastic. The room claimed to accommodate three plus a crib, so we showed up with all four of us. Room ended up having one king bed. Kids were greeted with a very nice book to keep (find the dog hiding in the pages spanning all of the major sights), and the crib was in the room and setup on arrival (this has _never_ happened in a couple years of staying at Marriotts in the US). The staff was fantastic.
What ended up happening ? Did they add a rollaway or get a different room ?

Thanks, for the update. Appreciated when people update after the trip.

Cheers.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: SSSS Preferred, UA 1K
Originally Posted by PWMFlyer19
What ended up happening ? Did they add a rollaway or get a different room ?

Thanks, for the update. Appreciated when people update after the trip.
The 2.9yo can sleep in a crib, so I knew we'd all physically fit into the room. I wasn't sure what managements interpretation of "accommodates 3" meant though (I'd asked in a separate thread with no concrete answer).

We were in the front portion of the Trocadero hotel, so I'm unsure what the rest of the buildings were like. According to the floor map on the back of our door, we were in the mid-size room for the building, and the room next door was ~50% larger.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm glad it worked out for you but the rest of us with older kids are pretty much screwed in Paris. I just can't justify spending twice the points to get us two rooms at Cat 7 or 8 rates.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum,
Angry

Even with a rollaway that means that my husband, myself and my 12 y.o. would have to sleep in the king bed. That's just not comfortable. And like Vickisocal, I do not want to pay/use points for two rooms.

Marriott is making it difficult to find 2 doubles/queens at their hotels outside of North America. I have noticed in the past couple of years, international hotels have started describing all non-King or Queen beds as "twin". Sometimes twin means two single beds, but other times it is referring to two doubles. Their photo galleries often only show rooms with king beds, so you are left to email the property. Using the search function and putting in 4 people eliminates just about every property, including those who will happily accept two adults/two kids. This is not a fire code issue, so I am not sure what the reasoning is.

If there are few international Marriotts that can/will accomodate a family of four, then there is little need to spend 75 business nights per year racking up points at domestic Marriott hotels.

Yes, I am ranting. I am currently looking ahead to next year in Europe and am trying to find which Marriotts actually have two double beds. It is turning into a long process.

And, yes Hilton is worse. Hardly any European hotels with two doubles.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
We are a family with 3 kids and finding a hotel is PITA - in the Marriott properties we stayed at when we were in the US didn't care how many are going to be in the room.

In Europe the situation is different. We have to ask and confirm that it's OK to travel with 3 kids. We were lucky we found a CY in Basel that there is no surcharge for kids as long as they are under 6. We e-mailed the GM and even talked to her and got 2 connectings room as MR Gold 'upgrade'. It's the best treatment we ever had as MR Gold!

CY Basel actually has 2 double beds (the real double by US standard) or a king. Our rooms were just like rooms at FFI/CY in the US.

Hope the new RI in MUC will open some possibilities for families with 3 kids.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.