Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Charlotte Airport CLT 2009 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Charlotte Airport CLT 2009 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2013, 1:28 pm

Stayed Sept 9th for one night on points.

Check in smooth. Plat status recognized and was given access to club lounge. No club floor. Room average, quiet, no noise from airport or freeway. One free water and one large bottle for $4.00. Free coffee and tea. From what I remember, the club floor rooms are the same, except they give you razor and small tube of shaving cream. For one night the regular room was fine with lounge access.

Club lounge decent with beer/wine & hot/cold snacks at night. Breakfast in lounge also decent with hot eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits & cold yoghurt, cereal, fruit, bagels, muffins, juice. Lounge staff friendly and chatty. Other guests pleasant too, mostly there on business.

Hotel has small pool area with indoor/outdoor pool with connecting tributaries that pass thru the wall. Ok for an airport hotel.

Lobby area is large room divided into a couple different seating areas + bar area + indoor pool area. Several conference rooms adjacent to lobby. Hotel appears to cater the events also.

Overall I think ok for my purpose of passing through. I would probably return if arriving/departing thru CLT as it's easy in and out with free parking.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Stayed here last night. As a Plat, received an 'upgrade' to a renovated room on the 6th floor (apparently, only the 6th floor, and part of the 5th floors are renovated).
The room itself was the standard renovated Sheraton room - no complaints. My room was on the side facing the highway, and I could hear the highway all night since the window is single-pane and does not seal properly (it doesn't appear that the property changed the windows during the renovation).

The doors are also very thin and hollow, so I could hear doors start slamming outside my room starting at 5AM - and I was at the end of the hall! Would have hated to have been in the middle of the hall...

Club lounge was OK. They had biscuits and grits for breakfast, along with a waffle machine, hard boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, fruit, toast/bagels. No bananas, which was a bit strange.

Overall, I'd give this property a 4.5/10.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:28 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
FANTASTIC STAY.

Stayed in enough hotels during my life, so I suppose I can be a bit jaded sometimes.

Room wasn't what I reserved, front desk immediately corrected by upgrading me to a suite.

Every person we interacted with, from the shuttle driver, front desk, bartender, lounge attendant, were all attentive, prompt, polite.

Room on club level floor was very clean and comfortable.

Lounge breakfast on a Saturday consisted of eggs, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, pastries, bagels/bread, coffee/tea, soft drinks.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Any recent stays here? I was here September of 21 and club lounge was (not surprisingly) closed. Has it reopened? "What to expect" for this property isn't updated.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by LPCJr
Any recent stays here? I was here September of 21 and club lounge was (not surprisingly) closed. Has it reopened? "What to expect" for this property isn't updated.
Bump...Anyone? Bueller, Bueller?
Old Sep 14, 2022, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
I stayed at this property back at the end of June and the club lounge was still closed, and there didn't seem to be any plan to reopen it anytime soon.

However, as a Titanium I was given free breakfast (a buffet) in the hotel restaurant, which was definitely better than the last breakfast I had in their lounge.

As people have said in the past, the staff here have always been great and they're a highlight of the hotel -- prompt, helpful, and friendly. The only knocks I ever have about this property are that the décor is a bit dated (which isn't a big deal for me) and that the rooms on the Interstate side can hear a bit of road noise (as for a room on the atrium side if you're a light sleeper).
LPCJr likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 1:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 3/28 to 3/29

Location: The hotel is located away from most of the other airport hotels. It's on the north side of I-85 at the end of Billy Graham Parkway. There's not much around (another hotel, a Waffle House) but being near I-85 makes it easy to get around the area. The neighborhood is not great though so be careful.

Hotel: Wow is this a dated property. Everything about it screams 1980s business hotel. There are some good parts: for one there's free parking in a large lot, there's also a sweet indoor/outdoor pool and a business center but that's where things stop. The bar is old and unattractive, half the elevators are currently broken which makes for waits, the lighting in general is bad.

Check In: The agent checking me in was friendly. I was offered points or a F&B credit as a welcome amenity and I took points. I was also "upgraded" to a larger room I guess though not one on the club floor

Room: Like everything else, dated and badly lit. The TV was tiny and not an Internet one, there were no outlets next to the bed, the furniture is scuffed and old and the wall is bulging in spots. The bathroom was also really small. Luckily Wifi worked well and there were no issues with soundproofing.

Lounge: There's a small lounge on the 8th floor where I had breakfast. They had scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and potatoes plus bread, cereal and cold items. It's a really tiny lounge though and I imagine it crowds easily.

Overall this hotel is not one I'll be returning to. There are a lot of better and newer Marriott options in Charlotte.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 7:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UAL Lifetime Gold
Okay … what would be your choices close to CLT that would be better and why ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.