FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Sheraton Charlotte Airport CLT 2009 on [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1192774-sheraton-charlotte-airport-clt-2009-master-thread.html)

Anglo Large Clawed Otter Sep 10, 2009 12:40 pm

Sheraton Charlotte Airport CLT 2009 on [Master Thread]

I must have stayed at this hotel post-renovation, as the suite I was given looked like the new Standard Sheraton design. To me, it's a perfectly acceptable property these days.

Photos:

Zephyr221 Dec 26, 2010 3:35 pm

recent stay

I stayed at the Sheraton Charlotte Airport 2 weeks ago. Pretty standard "new" Sheraton fare. The highlights were a very courteous staff, good plat upgrade to a 1br suite, fast room service, and a live poinsettia in the room, which I thought was a nice touch. I'd go back for sure.

SanDiego1K Feb 6, 2011 7:10 pm

Does the hotel have a lounge? If so, what offerings does it have?

controller1 Feb 6, 2011 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 15815817)
Does the hotel have a lounge? If so, what offerings does it have?

From the hotel's website:

Sheraton Club Lounge
Located on preferred floors, Sheraton Club guest rooms offer upgraded amenities, free bottled water, and complimentary fitness center access. Club guests also have special access to the Club Lounge. A relaxing, upscale space, the Club Lounge offers complimentary breakfast, afternoon hors d’oeuvres and a variety of beverage options. Take advantage of the private Club Lounge where you can connect with friends, meet with your team, or simply relax by catching your favorite TV show. Need to get some work done? A copier/fax/printer and complimentary office supplies are ready to go.

SanDiego1K Mar 8, 2011 6:38 pm

I spent a night here and thought it a very pleasant property, a good example of the new Sheraton design.

On arrival at the airport, go to area D outside. Oddly, there is no signage for hotel vans. There is for car shuttles as well as buses to remote lots. I was waiting at B, as that is where a car rental van driver directed me. On calling the hotel, I was directed to D. It was roughly a 10 minute drive to the hotel. It's a pretty time of year to be in town. The Bradford Pear trees are in bloom, full of white blossoms. They seem to be everywhere.

The hotel is quite large. I was given a room on the concierge floor, the 8th floor which is the top floor. I was told that the hotel only has 2 suites. My room was very spacious, with lots of open floor space which I like. There were two chairs in addition to the king bed. The bathroom was relatively small, with the shower inside the tub.

The lounge was open between 6 and 9 for breakfast, and 5:30 to 8:30pm for appetizers and drinks. You are allowed two beverages per room, whether non alcoholic or alcoholic. There is an attendant who keeps track. Appetizers included a large tray of vegetables, a tray of fruit, chips and salsa, and egg rolls. There was a carrot cake as the dessert, and it was surprisingly good. There was a computer and printer in the room that I was told at the front desk was for guest use, but the attendant was unsure how to turn it on. I printed boarding cards at the Sheraton Link downstairs.

I like the lobby design. It was very open, rather like a great room in a hotel with areas designated for different activities but flowing easily into other space. The restaurant had tables in the atrium on one side; on the other and up some stairs was the bar/lounge/cafe area. The Link was just off this, with menus for salads and sandwiches at the computers. I'm not so sure about having the swimming pool at the end down a few steps. A group of active children could create a lot of noise. There were a number of people with well groomed people coming and going. I spoke to one who said there was a dog show in the area.

While this is not a destination property, it was a very pleasant airport/highway hotel. It has van service to the airport 24 hours a day on the hour and half hour.

NDDomer86 Mar 8, 2011 6:49 pm

Thanks for the review SanDiego1K. I had totally meant to respond to your question about the lounge back in February but must have gotten sidetracked (or my ADD just kicked in). Indeed this hotel does only have two suites, which are true suites, not two rooms with a connector door.

alexkgtu Jul 29, 2011 7:33 pm

Its a very nice sheraton, amazing front desk girl who was actually very genuine, opposed to regular front desk agents with fake smiles... I checked in at 10am and suites werent available at that time, but she said they could move me later - that's fine, the deluxe room on club floor was still quite nice and spacious so I didnt bother moving to a suite. very nice pool and beautiful lobby - overall more than I expected.
only downside - terrible lunge attendant. I can understand he probably had a bad day or something, but that shouldnt be my problem. no hi, no bye, people were walking in and asking how he was doing - not a word in return, quite a nasty guy. I had to ask for plates and he acted like he was doing me a favor, not like he's doing his job. my response in situations like that - no tips and no cleaning after myself.

alexkgtu Jul 29, 2011 7:37 pm

oh, and parking is free of course and room service prices are cheap - $8-12/dish, french fries side is only $2

TRRed Dec 16, 2011 11:01 pm

Anyone tried breakfast in the Club lounge? Decent?

Thanks.

SPG Junkie Feb 20, 2012 6:43 am

Any updates on this hotel in specific to Club lounge offerings and the treatment of Plats? Never been but wondering if the proximity to the airport makes for a noisy and restless sleep.

Mackieman Feb 21, 2012 8:24 am

Originally Posted by SPG Junkie (Post 18048627)
Any updates on this hotel in specific to Club lounge offerings and the treatment of Plats? Never been but wondering if the proximity to the airport makes for a noisy and restless sleep.

I've stayed here several times when I'm in town for work. I always manage to have a profanely early flight so this property makes some sense. They don't have suites in the traditional sense so no upgrades that I know of, and the lounge is a fairly typical Sheraton. Nothing to write home about, but not terrible either. Even after the refurb, this property reminds me more of a standard Marriott than a Sheraton (the lazy river in the lobby not withstanding). I've never had an issue with noise as CLT is not terribly busy after 10PM.

phaka2 Feb 21, 2012 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by TRRed (Post 17642883)
Anyone tried breakfast in the Club lounge? Decent?

Thanks.

Breakfast in the club lounge is stellar. This is a good little hotel. Staff is great. The restauarant could use a little improvement as there''s been something off about every meal I've had there although they are open late which is a plus (and maybe why something's always a little off since I arrive late.)

TRRed Feb 25, 2012 2:47 pm

BTW, my experience was good. Since I had an early flight, I went to the restaurant. On the way back up, I rode with a staff member that was working in the club. In chatting he asked why I did not go to the club, I told him I was told it was a continental breakfast and that I wanted a bit more, and he said the club had the same things that the restaurant had on the breakfast buffet.

born sleepy Feb 27, 2012 8:10 pm

This is the property I abandoned after one night because the first room stank overwhelmingly of mold and the second somewhat less so. After a wheezy sleepless night due to mold and out-of-control kids running up and down the hall all night, I went to the Four Points on Fairlawn. A much nicer property even though it's only a Four Points. It's the best SPG property in Charlotte that I've experienced. The other 4pts is fine but a little remote.

Unless it's been totally gutted and reno'd since last summer, forget it.

jb3t Jan 16, 2013 8:52 pm

Quick update... I just stayed here for one night while in town on business. Some notes:

- Location was right off the highway. Easy to get in-and-out, which is a big plus for me.

- Checkin was fine. I was put in a king room on top floor. No complaints... I'm there just overnight.

- Lobby is very spacious with lots of couches, chairs, Levels, and nooks. I liked it. People were sitting around chatting. It had a little buzz. The bar and restaurant were there... And the pool was nicely placed there as well.

- Room was a spacious king. Bigger than your typical king. It did have a slight smell (like the carpets just got shampooed) but no biggie. No issues with the room.

- Club lounge was decent. I'd say average. They had bacon, eggs, and hash browns along with the typical bread, bagels, and yogurt. I'm more of a fresh fruit guy... Did not have much that day.

In the evening, they had chips/salsa, cheese & crackers, and these little Cuban sandwiches and tater tots. They also appeared to have wine and beer for free. Can't confirm as I did not have time to suck down a few beers.

Overall... No complaints. I'd stay here again for business travel.