Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Liberty Hotel Boston [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2011, 9:01 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium

So, I checked in last night here. Initially, I apparently was given an "upgrade" to a Grand Deluxe City View room which basically was a normal room on the 12th floor with a view of the city. But from what I could tell, it was an upgrade in view only.

When I got back later that night, I inquired about suites, and was upgraded to an -01 room. This is the upgrade you want. The bedroom is in the corner of the building with windows on two sides, so views of back bay, the river and MIT.

When I did call last night initially, they did acknowledge my Platinum status and said if there were suites available, I would have been upgraded straight away. But there weren't at that time. But luckily one came available later in the evening and I was moved.

Honestly, I've always wanted to stay at this hotel, and I'm fairly impressed.

Molton Brown in the bathrooms and the suites are quite nice. I'll definitely be back.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by RChavez
So, I checked in last night here. Initially, I apparently was given an "upgrade" to a Grand Deluxe City View room which basically was a normal room on the 12th floor with a view of the city. But from what I could tell, it was an upgrade in view only.

When I got back later that night, I inquired about suites, and was upgraded to an -01 room. This is the upgrade you want. The bedroom is in the corner of the building with windows on two sides, so views of back bay, the river and MIT.

When I did call last night initially, they did acknowledge my Platinum status and said if there were suites available, I would have been upgraded straight away. But there weren't at that time. But luckily one came available later in the evening and I was moved.

Honestly, I've always wanted to stay at this hotel, and I'm fairly impressed.

Molton Brown in the bathrooms and the suites are quite nice. I'll definitely be back.
Great!! Can't wait to go back to Boston and that will be my hotel!^
Old Feb 26, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: SPG Plat, MAR Lifetime Plat, UAMM, AA3MM
Scampo - Dining Credit

Has anyone yet received SPG points for just dining at Scampo... ie. not as a hotel guest.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:58 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Just tried to book this for a busy weekend in June using a Gift Certificate we had won at a charity auction. Per their website (and spg.com) the price is very high ($599/night), but there is availability (I booked 8 rooms at that rate, then threw them back) at the rate and for 12K starpoints. Called the "gift certificate coordinator, was told they were full up. Told her I could book online, she came back with "when they reach a certain occupancy, they black out GC acceptance."

Ah well, guess we'll have to use it some other time.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Just tried to book this for a busy weekend in June using a Gift Certificate we had won at a charity auction. Per their website (and spg.com) the price is very high ($599/night), but there is availability (I booked 8 rooms at that rate, then threw them back) at the rate and for 12K starpoints. Called the "gift certificate coordinator, was told they were full up. Told her I could book online, she came back with "when they reach a certain occupancy, they black out GC acceptance."

Ah well, guess we'll have to use it some other time.
Poor form.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 1:37 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Poor form.
Didn't make me happy, that's for sure. It *is* MIT Graduation weekend, so even though I should have made this call 2 months ago when we knew we wanted to stay there, my guess is it was full then. Although who knows, pre SPG. That's what I'm telling the wife, anyway.

Funny thing is, other weekends in June and July show higher prices on line ($699/night), yet according to the GC coordinator, she has availability for us on all those other weekends.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 1:41 pm
Suspended

It *is* MIT Graduation weekend
I've won these certificates at charity auctions in the past and there are usually T&C listed. What do the T&C say?

I will give the hotel some slack if it is a big university graduation weekend in Boston. Having lived up there for a time, I know that is PRIME TIME for the hotels up there.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
I've won these certificates at charity auctions in the past and there are usually T&C listed. What do the T&C say?

I will give the hotel some slack if it is a big university graduation weekend in Boston. Having lived up there for a time, I know that is PRIME TIME for the hotels up there.
"This cert entitles bearer to a complimentary (sic) weekend night stay (one night accommodation) at the Livery Hotel in Boston"

then

"Based upon availability, certain blackout dates apply...Weekend nights apply to Friday and Saturday nights only."

So I couldn't argue too much, since they aren't blacking out many/most of the options. But a can make fun of the Compliment, right?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AC*E, PC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Gold
Just stayed at the Liberty Hotel for a one nighter. Had an early check-in at around 12:00 pm. I booked a standard (Superior room, as the hotel designates) as I was upgraded to a Deluxe Cityview room, albeit that I had to wait an hour before it was available for check in. Limited number of suites at this property and I'm not sure if they're eligible for plat upgrade. Patrick at Guest Services was extremely helpful and serviceable. Hotel is a great historic landmark. Food at Scampo's was excellent. Becoming my preferred destination for downtown Boston. ^
Old Feb 28, 2011, 7:17 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
"This cert entitles bearer to a complimentary (sic) weekend night stay (one night accommodation) at the Livery Hotel in Boston"

then

"Based upon availability, certain blackout dates apply...Weekend nights apply to Friday and Saturday nights only."

So I couldn't argue too much, since they aren't blacking out many/most of the options. But a [sic] can make fun of the Compliment, right?
I'd sooner make fun of the "Livery" or perhaps your own little typo in the last line.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by andymo99
I'd sooner make fun of the "Livery" or perhaps your own little typo in the last line.
Please do. I'm not professionally edited, so I have less to feel shame about.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:28 am

1,000 Bonus Starpoints per Stay

Just got an email from SPG. They are offering 1,000 bonus starpoints per stay at the Liberty Hotel through April 15.

Works out great for me, as I already have a stay booked in April. ^

Offer T&C
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:57 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; Marriott Silver; United PremExec; DL&Skybonus; Amtrak Select+
to ask a very silly question: how do you know that the hotel is SPG? it doesn't say anywhere on the website, and i had to search boston on spg.com to see it come up

thx in advance!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 1:01 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by jyzhu
to ask a very silly question: how do you know that the hotel is SPG? it doesn't say anywhere on the website, and i had to search boston on spg.com to see it come up

thx in advance!
This is your biggest clue:

Starwood Preferred Guest Category 5:
12,000 to 16,000 Starpoints for a free night.

From the hotel's overview page.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 8, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; Marriott Silver; United PremExec; DL&Skybonus; Amtrak Select+
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
This is your biggest clue:

Starwood Preferred Guest Category 5:
12,000 to 16,000 Starpoints for a free night.

From the hotel's overview page.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
We must be looking at different hotel overview pages: http://www.libertyhotel.com/the_hotel/index.html

Is there a list of non-branded SPG hotels, either on SPG or in FlyerTalk?

Thx.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.