Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Good Hotels in the UK for a Family Break?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat

I live in the US but will be in the UK with the family in the summer for a few weeks visting family and so on. While in the UK I'd like to find a Marriott for a couple of days for a break.

This would probably be for two couples and a total of five kids, probably two rooms, what I'm looking for is somewhere reasonably family friendly rather than the traditional Marriott I would look for on business trips.

Nice pools, attractions nearby and all that... any suggestions would be welcome. Last year we did London which was great but this time I'd rather try somewhere else, Wales, Scotland, Southern England, wherever. Any suggestions and observations would be most welcome.

Chris.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 3:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
I am biased as I live there but Leeds is good for a city break.... not stayed in Marriott - but gets rave reviews and is close to train station

Send the wife shopping.... Harvey Nichols, the Victoria Quarter

Royal Armouries museum, art galleries abound. Also sport in the form of rugby league, cricket and football. Great restaurants, cheap prices and friendlier folk than down south

30 mins on the train and you have walled city of york and railway museum - good for kids or Bradford Film and Photography museum also good
Old Feb 19, 2011, 8:52 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by yorkshire exile
I am biased as I live there but Leeds is good for a city break.... not stayed in Marriott - but gets rave reviews and is close to train station

Send the wife shopping.... Harvey Nichols, the Victoria Quarter

Royal Armouries museum, art galleries abound. Also sport in the form of rugby league, cricket and football. Great restaurants, cheap prices and friendlier folk than down south

30 mins on the train and you have walled city of york and railway museum - good for kids or Bradford Film and Photography museum also good
He said Southern England

I was going to suggest York, but as he's discounted anywhere north of Watford...
Old Feb 20, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
bluddy mancunian....

can tha not read.....

he said wales, scotland, southern england, wherever...

have to say good of you to (almost) recommend somewhere on the correct side of the pennines tho - it must have pained you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.