Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2022, 5:43 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by lingua101
Also seems there is another new FP at Sukhumvit 22.
I cannot seem to find a new FP. Where did you see this?

Last edited by escape4; Apr 8, 2022 at 7:53 pm
Old Apr 8, 2022, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Bring back the Beer Vault.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:49 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Oh I love this FP, I used to do mattress runs all the time moving from the Aloft to the FP. Always had a suite upgrade as a Plat at the FP. Breakfast was good, their happy hours was great too! And perfect location as well. Service was always friendly and efficient. Good swimming pool on the roof.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 4:46 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by escape4
I cannot seem to find a new FP. Where did you see this?
it is gone now
Old Jul 31, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Originally Posted by JacobNL
They are now again accepting reservations starting from 2 October 2022.
A quick update. They seem to be booking starting August 8th instead of October (based on the calendar view).
kevino and JacobNL like this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 4:58 am

Four Points Bangkok Sukhumvit 15 = Behind the Curve in Post-Covid Reopening

Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15

1 Review | 100% Recommended

4 Sukhumvit 15 Sukhumvit Road Klongtoey-nua, Wattana Bangkok, TH 10110

Four Points Bangkok Sukhumvit 15 = Behind the Curve in Post-Covid Reopening (12 Photos)

Four Points was the very last of all Marriott hotels I had not tried in Bangkok before, so my list is full for now, until two new Bonvoy properties are supposed to open in 2023 (one Autograph and one Courtyard).   I stayed away from FP in the past mostly because of my previous perception that suite upgrades were less likely than at the full-service hotels. I guess this turned out to be correct to some extent because no suite was available for my stay despite low occupancy, however part of it was due to unusual circumstances. I was told one wing of the hotel was still closed because they recently reopened post covid, and that only three suites are currently available for guests; in normal times they have 18 suites. The other issue is the temporary surge in the number of Platinum and Titanium guests in Thailand specifically due to overly generous local promos in 2020-2021; the hotel told me they have lots of Plat+Tit at the moment which is why their suites are not available. This re-confirms to me that my strategy of mostly staying away from Marriott in Thailand in 2022 except for a small handful of stays is not a bad one. There are simply too many elites staying and if the timing is not right for check-in dates then Ambassador Elites can lose out on a suite upgrade versus a Platinum who might have arrived earlier and has a multiple-night stay. I believe in 2023 things will be closer to normal.

Room

The room itself was fairly spacious but was not really to my liking due to dark brown carpeting, no rain shower, the TV was one of the smallest I have seen in recent memory and the remote control was so worn out that all buttons were blank - there were no more numbers to read on it.  On the positive side, the air conditioning worked very well and the bed was comfortable.  

IMG_3919.jpeg1_IMG_3920.jpegIMG_3921.jpegIMG_3922.jpeg

Dining

The hotel bar was closed and therefore there was no happy hour or drink vouchers of any sort available and the welcome gift in the room was a jar of peanuts, only received after I asked if they had forgotten the welcome amenity; originally I had nothing, not even a welcome letter. They are behind the curve compared to other hotels with a late reopening. 

1_IMG_3923.jpeg

The breakfast was better than at Aloft where I stayed recently, and possibly a tiny bit better than at Courtyard too. And the restaurant was quiet and peaceful so we enjoyed.

2_IMG_3924.jpeg1_IMG_3925.jpeg1_IMG_3926.jpeg1_IMG_3927.jpeg1_IMG_3928.jpeg1_IMG_3929.jpegIMG_3930.jpeg

Service

Regarding service it was generally positive.  The hotel paid attention to my Bonvoy profile because they had special pillows on the bed upon our arrival as per my preferences which was impressive because not many hotels bother to check, so for a FP brand hotel to do so was nice.  We were also greeted at the restaurant before breakfast by a manager who asked if we had a good night of sleep. That's also something that many full-service hotels don't even do, so it exceeded my expectations in that regard for a FP hotel.  

Wifi

Wifi worked well with speed of 50 Mbps.

Overall

All in all FP is not so cheap for what it is, in fact it is priced above Aloft and CY and at the moment I don't think it's worth it due to lack of happy hour and subpar odds of suite upgrades. However for the latter they were quite apologetic and made me feel they would do their best to upgrade next time, unlike some hotels which drag their feet and are not entirely forthcoming.  Once the hotel is fully up to speed it might be worth a second shot for me.

Four Points Bangkok Sukhumvit 15 = Behind the Curve in Post-Covid Reopening

Would you like to write a review on the Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15?

No, thank you.
Yes
kevino, JacobNL and reggiekush like this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Shame about the lack of bar experience. I have stayed here numerous times before covid and on two of those occasions I booked three rooms and not only did they extend my elite benefits to all three rooms, they gave a very generous two hour free bar every night. Far superior to any lounge experience I have had anywhere else.
escape4 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Will08
Shame about the lack of bar experience. I have stayed here numerous times before covid and on two of those occasions I booked three rooms and not only did they extend my elite benefits to all three rooms, they gave a very generous two hour free bar every night. Far superior to any lounge experience I have had anywhere else.
Mmmmm I definitely missed out then. I will re-consider staying at FP if and when this benefit comes back.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Arrive late in BKK last week and booked this one, figure I could see if they made any upgrade during the 2.5 years closure. Unfortunately the answer is no, hotel is fully booked, no room upgrade which is fine for me. Hardware is exact the same as pre-covid, dated, no renovation at all. Asked about the laundry benefit but was told they no longer offering it, didn't ask about happy hour, according to earlier report it's gone as well. No welcome amenity in my room even the room key and paperwork were well prepared before my arrival. Checked out early and move to another property the next morning.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist, Radisson Premium, BA Silver
Just completed a one night stay. Was upgraded from base room to a Terrace Suite. Not had one of these before and very welcome. The terrace area is only partially sectioned between rooms so not completely private. It was a Monday night so I suspect that the upgrade availability was enhanced by avoiding the weekend. Had a welcome amenity of some Thai sweets waiting for me in the room too. Laundry and free flow bar window were not offered. Breakfast offering was strong and seemingly at 2019 levels in terms of range and quality.
kevino likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
Now that AM Bar has reopened Elites get a voucher for a free drink (one per day of their stay)
Old Dec 6, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Lobster
Now that AM Bar has reopened Elites get a voucher for a free drink (one per day of their stay)
That’s disappointing, used to be a great bar with a very lax hour of free drinking..
Old Dec 12, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
A couple of months ago, Daniel Sygmunt, previously Director of Rooms at the Marriott Marquis. became the General Manager at the property. He did not have to go through the Hotel Manager position, as it is customary.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 1:14 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I had a 1 night stay this week. As a Titanium, received a x02 room, possibly the smallest room they have. Of course, their rooms are setup quite nicely. Breakfast was quite good. Very Happy we DIDN’T book longer, given the basic room. Overall uneventful. 1 thumbs up. 👍
Old Feb 4, 2023, 3:06 pm

Why doesn't anyone clearly point out what is and isn't included with elite membership (mainly Platinum and above)? The main reason I would think people even come to these threads is to determine whether or not they are going to receive complimentary breakfast or not as a Platinum or above...among other things. I see a lot of people describing the breakfast spread and such but don't ever mention whether they paid for it or not....

I'm trying to determine which Marriott property to stay at during my trip and have gone through most of the threads for each hotel and either there hasn't been any updates in months, sometimes years, or just plan lack of any meaningful information.

If I go to the worldwide executive lounge thread it's so out of date it's not even funny. Half the places haven't been updated in years!

I suppose maybe it's because there aren't as many members on Flyertalk as one would have expected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.