Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Palacio del Inka, Cusco, Peru, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Peruvian Tax Information

Per local tax laws, an 18% tax must be paid by Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying more than 59 days in Peru. To be exempt from this 18% tax (IVA), a guest must present both a valid, original passport and a copy of an immigration card. Guests who are unable to present both documents will be required to pay the tax.

SPG INSTANT AWARDS
None.

01/04/24 - e-mail address: [email protected]

Print Wikipost

Palacio del Inka, Cusco, Peru, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2015, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Walking distance to the Pisco Sour Museum too. Definitely a fun place to hang out. ^

Sounds like you got a similar/same suite I got when I was there in Oct. Lovely 2 room suite overlooking the courtyard, with a view of the mountains in the distance.
Old May 13, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Walking distance to the Pisco Sour Museum too. Definitely a fun place to hang out. ^

Sounds like you got a similar/same suite I got when I was there in Oct. Lovely 2 room suite overlooking the courtyard, with a view of the mountains in the distance.
Hi MG!

Is it a bar? They have pisco happy at 6 too. Any bars for singles you would suggest?
Old May 13, 2015, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's a bar, with murals on the wall to show you how they make pisco. I was there in the early afternoon, so can't comment on whether it's a good singles bar in the evening.
Old May 13, 2015, 6:24 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by margarita girl
It's a bar, with murals on the wall to show you how they make pisco. I was there in the early afternoon, so can't comment on whether it's a good singles bar in the evening.
Merci merci

Did you try the guinea pig? The duty manager recommended papa puschko or something like that.
Old May 13, 2015, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Uh, no! Even if I wasn't a vegetarian for 20 yrs, I wouldn't eat guinea pig! (I believe it's called cui.) Their pisco sours are awesome though. ^
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:02 pm

incredible hotel with lots of history

We spent 12 days or so in the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu. This is an incredible hotel in Cusco. We went straight to Sacred Valley when we first landed because its better for acclimation (we stayed at the Tambo Del Inka as well).

Starwoods C+P is a great deal on this particular property. Breathtaking. Our full review with pictures is available at
http://prettyconnected.com/2015/07/h...el-inka-cusco/

We also stayed at the Tambo Del Inka further in the Sacred Valley: http://prettyconnected.com/2015/06/t...rumbamba-peru/

Full MP planning guide: http://prettyconnected.com/2015/06/p...-machu-picchu/

Peru sure has a lot to offer...

Enjoy!
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm trying to book this hotel but it says cash and points isn't available at all, for any dates. Any ideas how to get c&p? My dates are 11/1 to 11/4. Is it likely that C&P will become available?

Thanks for ideas!
Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I'm trying to book this hotel but it says cash and points isn't available at all, for any dates. Any ideas how to get c&p? My dates are 11/1 to 11/4. Is it likely that C&P will become available?

Thanks for ideas!
At this point, probably not, as C&P availability tends to decrease over time. But it can't hurt to keep checking, including for 1 or 2 days within your planned 3-day stay. It also can't hurt to try SPG by phone, but I highly doubt that it would get you anywhere.

Hope it somehow works out.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gfunkdave

Thanks for ideas!
Create your own?

3 nights on C&P would have cost you 15K pts + $225

If you do 2 free nights and 1 revenue night, it would be:
20K pts + $230

If you do 1 free night and 2 revenue nights, it would be:
10K pts + $460

Hopefully you can do better than the $230 rate with a corporate SET code, AAA rate, BRG, etc in which case you might actually be better off. Plus you will earn points on the revenue night. I think I paid less than $150/night when I was there last year.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
We are considering a stay here in July as a family of 5. The kids will be 13, 10 and 7 at the time of the stay. I'm curious if anyone else has had a family stay here and can comment on how the property works for families. Are there connecting rooms? Is the Plat breakfast amenity extended to the entire family or just to the standard two people?
Old Dec 29, 2015, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by unclepants
We are considering a stay here in July as a family of 5. The kids will be 13, 10 and 7 at the time of the stay. I'm curious if anyone else has had a family stay here and can comment on how the property works for families. Are there connecting rooms? Is the Plat breakfast amenity extended to the entire family or just to the standard two people?
I'm sorry; I cannot remember what my family of five ended up with a couple of years ago, but I do remember there was a big fuss at check-in. It's possible we only had one room reserved thinking they would let our 11 month old slide. Anyway, this is one place I would definitely contact ahead of time with your needs. We did all get breakfast. And it was good.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
Originally Posted by alamedaguy
I'm sorry; I cannot remember what my family of five ended up with a couple of years ago, but I do remember there was a big fuss at check-in. It's possible we only had one room reserved thinking they would let our 11 month old slide. Anyway, this is one place I would definitely contact ahead of time with your needs. We did all get breakfast. And it was good.
This is great information to have. Thank you, alamedaguy. ^
Old May 26, 2016, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Greetings from the Palacio. I'm here on a 2-night stay. As others have commented, it's a very nice property in a great downtown location. The staff I've interacted with have all been polite and helpful. I'm quite enjoying the décor of the public areas; the paintings in particular are quite nice. The overall feeling of this hotel is peaceful and it's clearly a higher-end kind of place.

That said, I'm not exactly having a Luxury Collection experience here. My feeling is that this property should be downgraded to a Westin or maybe a St. Regis.

- SPG status never acknowledged. This isn't a huge deal to me, but it's odd that as a Plat there was no comment from anyone.
- Checkin took 30 min. There was one perfunctory apology for the delay but no real explanation as to what was happening.
- Lunch at the (one) restaurant here was nice, but they started off by giving us dinner menus. Had to ask if there was a lunch menu available.
- Ordered a sandwich from the lunch menu but it took 45 min to arrive.
- Turndown service included some ice in the bucket. Nice touch. But there was hardly any ice. Makes me wonder if they're rationing ice here. My ice melted in less than an hour.
- Luggage brought to room (I wasn't here when it was brought up). It was left unceremoniously in the sitting area instead of placed on the luggage rack in the closet. Normally I couldn't care less, but this is supposedly a Luxury Collection property.
- The room is a pleasant 2-room suite. The décor is comfortable but I wouldn't say it's luxurious. The doors in the room for example are Home Depot $30 standard 6-panel molded. I would have expected something a little nicer for a Luxury Collection property.

Am I being nit-picky? Perhaps. But this is a Luxury Collection. I think if a property bills itself at the highest end of SPG, the customer has a right to expect a little more. Besides which, luxury goes far beyond the physical surroundings. IMHO "luxury" is really about how one is made to feel. And thus far, I'm not really feeling the luxury at this otherwise quite nice property.
Old May 26, 2016, 9:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by RCyyz
Greetings from the Palacio. I'm here on a 2-night stay. As others have commented, it's a very nice property in a great downtown location. The staff I've interacted with have all been polite and helpful. I'm quite enjoying the décor of the public areas; the paintings in particular are quite nice. The overall feeling of this hotel is peaceful and it's clearly a higher-end kind of place.

That said, I'm not exactly having a Luxury Collection experience here. My feeling is that this property should be downgraded to a Westin or maybe a St. Regis.

- SPG status never acknowledged. This isn't a huge deal to me, but it's odd that as a Plat there was no comment from anyone.
- Checkin took 30 min. There was one perfunctory apology for the delay but no real explanation as to what was happening.
- Lunch at the (one) restaurant here was nice, but they started off by giving us dinner menus. Had to ask if there was a lunch menu available.
- Ordered a sandwich from the lunch menu but it took 45 min to arrive.
- Turndown service included some ice in the bucket. Nice touch. But there was hardly any ice. Makes me wonder if they're rationing ice here. My ice melted in less than an hour.
- Luggage brought to room (I wasn't here when it was brought up). It was left unceremoniously in the sitting area instead of placed on the luggage rack in the closet. Normally I couldn't care less, but this is supposedly a Luxury Collection property.
- The room is a pleasant 2-room suite. The décor is comfortable but I wouldn't say it's luxurious. The doors in the room for example are Home Depot $30 standard 6-panel molded. I would have expected something a little nicer for a Luxury Collection property.

Am I being nit-picky? Perhaps. But this is a Luxury Collection. I think if a property bills itself at the highest end of SPG, the customer has a right to expect a little more. Besides which, luxury goes far beyond the physical surroundings. IMHO "luxury" is really about how one is made to feel. And thus far, I'm not really feeling the luxury at this otherwise quite nice property.
Pictures? They always help.
Old May 27, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by RCyyz
Am I being nit-picky?
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.