Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SEA Renaissance "Platinum Pass" and "Elite Loyalty Ambassador" Programs.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Received this via email today re: an upcoming stay at SEA Ren. Wonder if it's specific to this property only or if it's something they're going to roll out across properties?

"Dear SkiAdcock,

As one of our most valued guests, we wanted to personally thank you for making the Renaissance Seattle Hotel your destination of choice. We look forward to your stay with us and sincerely hope that you are completely satisfied with our level of service. Our staff is delighted to serve you 24 hours a day to ensure that you are well taken care of.

As part of your benefits as a Platinum Elite Marriott Rewards member, you will receive your preferred bed type, guaranteed access to our concierge floor, and 500 Bonus Points or an amenity of your choice.

In addition to all of our new enhancements here at the Renaissance Seattle Hotel, we are pleased to offer an exclusive feature for the benefit of our Platinum Elite members. It is called Platinum Pass and this VIP service allows you to bypass lines at the Front Desk.

If you provide your anticipated arrival time, cell phone number, and method of transportation on XXX, a Hotel representative will call you within 30 minutes of your arrival time to coordinate meeting you in the lobby with your room keys. All you will need is your ID!

If you would like information on transportation from the airport, please contact our hotel concierge between the hours of 6:45am-11pm (Pacific Standard Time.)

Once again, thank you for choosing the Renaissance Seattle Hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.

Best regards,
Renaissance Seattle
Front Office Management
515 Madison Street
Seattle, 98104"
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:14 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I've seen similar treatment at other Rens as well. Most notably, on my Asian trips, the Rens there seemed to always want to take me up to the CL to check-in and make sure my requests, if I had any, were all taken care of. They would also offer to get me my beverage of choice while I was waiting for the CC and Passport checks.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:47 am

Programs: aa EXP, dl GM, mar LTPLT, hh DIA, spg PLT, ich AMB, nat EE, hertz PC
Maybe I am seeing this wrong.. but at the Dallas Renaissance.. they have someone meet you in the lobby with your keys and have been doing this for a long time. As long as your account is in order.. you're good to go. This is especially nice now that the lobby is undergoing a major change and you have to go to the 2nd floor for check in if you're not a Gold or Plat. member.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
This is brand wide - it's been around for a while
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Well someone forgot to tell a few of the Renaissances I've stayed at recently that it's brandwide because they've not done it.

This is the first time I've received the email & will be the first time I receive the meet in the lobby.

Of course in this instance I might not be able to take them up on it because of Starmegado2. If we get dropped off to the Westin early enough before the final party then I'll run over to Ren to check-in. If we get dropped off too soon to start of party I probably won't make it there until late at night.

But getting the email made a good impression on me.

Cheers.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:42 am

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
I was at the Seattle Ren a couple of weeks ago and did not get the email.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by socrates
This is brand wide - it's been around for a while
If this is brand-wide, word has never reached any of the Renaissances I've stayed in!

That said, I don't believe I've ever had to wait in a check-in queue at a Renaissance. That Seattle Renaissance was my home away from home for a year or so and other than the occasional airline crew checking in it was usually just me in the lobby...

I'd say it's a nice perk - if the greeter has already taken your preferences into account during room assignment. At the Ren Seattle, I always put text in my reservation saying that I preferred xx01 or xx10 rooms even if they were not on the 26th floor. Sometimes the front desk wouldn't read them and I'd have to ask to be switched out of 26xx to a lower floor 01 or 10 room.

If they didn't read the comments, I'd end up talking to the front desk anyway, making their extra effort to greet me a bit wasted...
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:07 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Have been treated to this service at the Ren Vinoy and Ren Mayflower. It was done with great style at both properties. Not even mentioned at the Ren Blackstone.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 1:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, PC Plat, Hertz Gold
I was offered this at the Hilton Head Marriott Resort via email so I don't think it's brand specific to Renaissance. Before the Virtual Concierge websites were overhauled, I also seem to remember that anyone could request something similar, although it was not specific to platinums (or elites for that matter)
Old Oct 28, 2010, 3:29 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by mjh5o
I was offered this at the Hilton Head Marriott Resort via email so I don't think it's brand specific to Renaissance. Before the Virtual Concierge websites were overhauled, I also seem to remember that anyone could request something similar, although it was not specific to platinums (or elites for that matter)
The "Platinum Pass" is supposed to be brand specific to Renaissance. http://www.prweb.com/releases/Renais...rweb568304.htm

The platinum pass calls for a manager or front desk clerk to meet you in the lobby with keys and completed paperwork. Doesn't mean any brand of any chain couldn't offer something similar, but I've never been proactively offered the service at a Marriott.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Well someone forgot to tell a few of the Renaissances I've stayed at recently that it's brandwide because they've not done it.
interesting....I really would mention it when it doesnt happen, I recently saw a memo on the program but didn't read it but there certainly is a big push to have this done consistantly
Old Oct 29, 2010, 7:43 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Here's the Gold Version...

Dear FlyinHawaiian,

As one of our most valued guests, we wanted to personally thank you for making the Renaissance Seattle Hotel your destination of choice. We look forward to your stay with us and sincerely hope that you are completely satisfied with our level of service. Our staff is delighted to serve you 24 hours a day to ensure that you are well taken care of.

In addition to all of our new enhancements here at the Renaissance Seattle Hotel, we are pleased to offer an exclusive feature to elevate your experience. It is called Elite Loyalty Ambassador and this VIP service allows you to bypass lines during the peak hours of check-in times, between 5pm-9pm at the Front desk.

If you provide your anticipated arrival time, cell phone number, and method of transportation on [DATE], The Elite Loyalty Ambassador will coordinate meeting with you in the lobby with your room keys. All you will need is your ID!

If you would like information on transportation from the airport, please contact our hotel concierge between the hours of 6:45am-11pm (Pacific Standard Time.)

Once again, thank you for choosing the Renaissance Seattle Hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.

Best regards,

Renaissance Seattle
Front Office Management
515 Madison Street
Seattle, 98104
Old Oct 29, 2010, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by socrates
interesting....I really would mention it when it doesnt happen, I recently saw a memo on the program but didn't read it but there certainly is a big push to have this done consistantly
Well, until I received this email I didn't know it was supposed to happen

Cheers.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ohmark
Have been treated to this service at the Ren Vinoy and Ren Mayflower. It was done with great style at both properties. Not even mentioned at the Ren Blackstone.
My recent Ren Mayflower stay was perhaps the best one I've ever had as a Marriott Platinum - outstanding upgrade and above-and-beyond service all around. But no guy in the lobby with my key... (Again, not that I'm complaining in the slightest...this perk seems like a hit-and-miss thing...)
Old Oct 29, 2010, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ohmark
Not even mentioned at the Ren Blackstone.
+1

Though they did give me the Presidential Suite last time I stayed, so I guess I can't complain too much

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.