Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SEA Renaissance "Platinum Pass" and "Elite Loyalty Ambassador" Programs.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEA Renaissance "Platinum Pass" and "Elite Loyalty Ambassador" Programs.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, Lifetime Marriot Plt, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by socrates
This is brand wide - it's been around for a while
I have stayed in at least 15 different Renaissance this year as a Platinum, NONE of them have done this. As a matter of fact, I have NEVER had a Renaissance do this.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 12:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I haven't stayed at 15 Rens this year, but the ones I did stay at didn't do it. And in years past I've never had a Ren do it. So it's new to me.

However, due to uncertainty of arrival time, plus the fact that I'm using an EEO on a LNF rate, I'm going to go w/ the traditional check-in to make sure there are no problems.

Cheers.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 9:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I've been staying at the SEA Ren about once a month this year. I get these e-mail on a regular basis now. I've yet to use them. I'd take a better room over the lobby service any day. I stay on a gov't rate and always end up with a xx06 room on 21 or 22 floor. Yep, that's the first door on the west-side as you exit the elevators. Rarely hear elevator traffic, though - fortunately. Not sure if they think these are good rooms. The view is lacking, but everything else is quite sufficient.

The only other Ren I've stayed at is OKC and they didn't offer the service. I did get this once at the FSMarriott in Cambridge, MA. Only once though.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I received a similar email earlier this year for the NYC Ren Times Square. They called me on my cell phone as I was traveling up to NYC on Amtrak - about 1.5 hours before my expected arrival time. I then gave them my planned arrival time (around 1:30pm).

Upon arrival at the NYC Ren Times Square at the time I told them I would arrive (from their phone call) - I expected that everything would be ready and my room key would be all ready for me.

Turns out nothing was done. Rooms were available - but it took them a while (along with interruptions) to get me my rooms keys. The whole process was a joke. I complained at the front desk about getting the call on my cell, but nothing was ready.

This turned me off the Ren Times Square. Overall I did not like the hotel, and will not be staying there in the future. I'll stick with the Marquis.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 5:50 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold
Not sure if they are opening up the Elite Ambassador program to other brands other than REN, but they are trialing it out here in an Atlanta MR. I liked it, pretty quick and they still have all your preferences available.

"Good morning! Welcome back to the Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center & thank you for staying with us this week! We value our guests that are so loyal to Marriott ~ Platinum Elite Members. We are implementing a new arrival process for our Elite Members. There will be an "Elite Ambassador" in the lobby upon your arrival with your guestroom key. We hope this will improve your arrival experience. One area that is important is ensuring your credit card information is updated on your marriott rewards profile. If it is not, you will have to step to the front desk to update that information. We'd love any feedback that you have on this program.
Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to make your stay more enjoyable! Have a great day!"
Old Feb 10, 2011, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Stayed at LAX Ren & program not in operation there. Staff is really nice though & truthfully I forgot about the program until seeing this thread again.

Cheers.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 7:38 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
While I still really like this hotel and its staff, either their attitude towards Golds have changed or this just wasn't my lucky stay.

Unlike last fall, when as a Gold I was also received the VIP email. None came for my current stay.

Also, as I reported in the Lounge thread, no breakfast chits were offered.

When I probed about breakfast chits, no specific downgrade for Golds was mentioned. Rather, they said that apparently I didn't book a breakfast rate & appeared to have no awareness that breakfast chits are/were often provided by their hotel for weekend breakfasts.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bk3day
While I still really like this hotel and its staff, either their attitude towards Golds have changed or this just wasn't my lucky stay.

Unlike last fall, when as a Gold I was also received the VIP email. None came for my current stay.

Also, as I reported in the Lounge thread, no breakfast chits were offered.

When I probed about breakfast chits, no specific downgrade for Golds was mentioned. Rather, they said that apparently I didn't book a breakfast rate & appeared to have no awareness that breakfast chits are/were often provided by their hotel for weekend breakfasts.
Just curious - when you probed & they said you were on a non-breakfast rate, did you mention that as Gold you received breakfast cert previously on the weekend & ask specifically if something had changed?

Cheers.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Just curious - when you probed & they said you were on a non-breakfast rate, did you mention that as Gold you received breakfast cert previously on the weekend & ask specifically if something had changed?

Cheers.
Perhaps "probed" was the wrong word, I sorta played dumb which usually works.

By the time it came to call the 2 agents (who for whatever reason were both there checking me in), on the fact that it was their property that offered breakfast chits, it seemed like a lost cause.

At checkout this AM, I had planned to ask straight out about the lack of email & chits until....

I ran into massive problems when the desk clerk (same one who checked me in) had absolutely no clue about EEOs (she thought I wanted to use a Cat 1-4 cert) & was only vaguely aware of LNFs.

However, that nightmare is for a different thread, back on topic:

While the ill informed clerk was dealing with my bill, I asked a different clerk about the Elite email program.

He wasn't positive (so take his opinion w/ a grain of salt) but thought that the program was at minimum going through changes & possibly going to be discontinued. He cited low participation & the difficulty in managing it.

btw, a Marriott Plat was also at the Ren this weekend & was given chits?

Last edited by bk3day; Apr 10, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.