Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:12 am

Warning that this hotel seems to have a theft issue with housekeeping or anyone else who has access to your room while you are away.
1 suitcase and all of its content was completely stolen and another was picked through and anything of value taken during a 3 night stay last week.
Hotel staff and management nonchalant about it and acted like they had never heard of such a thing happening.
Police tell a different story about this property noting they have been there to take similar reports in recent months.

This hotel has zero security/surveillance. No cameras anywhere on the property not even in the elevators or entry/exit points.
Older guest room door locks that don't report entry/exit information to a centralized system for tracking. No system to restrict elevator access to guests only.
Have stayed here many times over the years but never again after this experience.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:46 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by sksys1
Warning that this hotel seems to have a theft issue with housekeeping or anyone else who has access to your room while you are away.
1 suitcase and all of its content was completely stolen and another was picked through and anything of value taken during a 3 night stay last week.
Hotel staff and management nonchalant about it and acted like they had never heard of such a thing happening.
Police tell a different story about this property noting they have been there to take similar reports in recent months.

This hotel has zero security/surveillance. No cameras anywhere on the property not even in the elevators or entry/exit points.
Older guest room door locks that don't report entry/exit information to a centralized system for tracking. No system to restrict elevator access to guests only.
Have stayed here many times over the years but never again after this experience.
This is very concerning to hear, and if we may, we'd like to follow-up with the hotel's management team. You may drop us an email with your reservation details via the address listed below.

Best regards,

Siti Shahnas
Social Media Team
Marriott International
[email protected]
Old Mar 30, 2023, 9:01 am

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
Any recent updates? Room theft still an issue? Is it recently renovated, is there still a lounge?
Old Mar 31, 2023, 1:18 pm

I stay here four or five times a year. I don't necessarily favor Marriott hotels, so I'm making a choice from a wide variety. The location isn't great, if you don't have a car. If you do, parking is $10/night...maybe $15/night (?) No lounge. (Usually, I don't use lounges, eat hotel food, but this place is so isolated, it would be appealing. )

They seem to give me two, three $10 vouchers each time I (Lifetime Titanium and fairly regular guest) stay. Breakfast is buffet and good, if not extraordinary. Service is fine. The fitness center is a little odd (mismatched equipment), sometimes a nighttime party hangout, if beer bottles and vomit are an indication; I wouldn't mention this if it was just once. Still, it's a good alternative in full-service hotels.

Never had anything stolen, but, then again, I don't have anything.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.