Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Was updating the exec lounge sticky for all full-service properties in California (phew! - lot of properties). Anyway, I noticed when I clicked on view rates for the Fremont, CA, Marriott the following (see below). It shows at the top of the screen after you click view rates & it brings up all the various room types/rates.

In accordance with the local fire code, rollaway beds are not allowed in rooms with two double beds.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Can't recall. Does this property have an outdoor pool, or only the indoor pool?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by MarkCron
Can't recall. Does this property have an outdoor pool, or only the indoor pool?
From the hotel's home page:

"Relax in the indoor pool"

Cheers.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Any recent experience at this property? I have a 8 night stay coming up this weekend.

I am Gold
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Lt Plt, Hyatt Plt, AA Gold, UA, Avis
I've stayed here recently. It used to be my go to hotel based on rates/location/overall comfort. The problem I keep having is the sink plumbing will barf up into sink which is gross. This usually happens at night. Also, happens if you and the person in room next to you use sink faucet at same time, the water will backup into sink. Random rooms on multiple floors throughout hotel. Been going on for several years. I expressed my concern to front desk a few years ago, but then have only stayed a few times since. Same thing has happened on subsequent stays, so I'm done with the hotel. It hits the mark for nearly everything else though. I really liked the hotel. Maybe I just have bad luck!
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by bowtiejunkie
I've stayed here recently. It used to be my go to hotel based on rates/location/overall comfort. The problem I keep having is the sink plumbing will barf up into sink which is gross. This usually happens at night. Also, happens if you and the person in room next to you use sink faucet at same time, the water will backup into sink. Random rooms on multiple floors throughout hotel. Been going on for several years. I expressed my concern to front desk a few years ago, but then have only stayed a few times since. Same thing has happened on subsequent stays, so I'm done with the hotel. It hits the mark for nearly everything else though. I really liked the hotel. Maybe I just have bad luck!
Thanks.

Can I hear your thoughts on a few more things.

How is the lounge food?
Do they let gold members have breakfast in restaurant or lounge only?
Any luck with Upgrade?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Lt Plt, Hyatt Plt, AA Gold, UA, Avis
As far as I know, you still get breakfast coupons for the restaurant. You can eat there or the lounge. Lounge breastfast is good; eggs, breads, pastries/muffins, cereals, coffee, fruit. OJ is not the fresh stuff from the restaurant though. I think bacon or sausage, but can't remember.

Upgrades: I'm platinum and rarely get a room on floor 10 (concierge level), but do get one of the corner larger rooms at ends of each floor (4 per a floor) regularly. Executive King Suite has been had once. I've stayed at this hotel close to 40 nights since 2009 or 2010.

I viewed it has a hidden gem of sorts for years as rates were cheap, it was comfortable, staff is friendly, and central to my work locations.

Hope you have a good stay. Report back.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:10 am

Thanks a lot, I will post my experience one I am done with my stay.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:28 pm

Upcoming Stay at Fremont Marriott

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
Hello vishalgupta22,

We look forward to hosting you at the Fremont Marriott. Can you please private message me your reservation confirmation so that we can enhance your stay to the best of our ability?

Thanks,

Marriott Fremont Silicon Valley
Old Jul 30, 2017, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by FremontMarriott
Hello vishalgupta22,

We look forward to hosting you at the Fremont Marriott. Can you please private message me your reservation confirmation so that we can enhance your stay to the best of our ability?

Thanks,

Marriott Fremont Silicon Valley
Thanks, I sent you a private message
Old Nov 11, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
How was your stay? I’ll be there later this week as a MR gold and am wondering what to expect...
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley

The boss refused to pay $500+/night near Mountain View, CA so I booked here in Fremont for <$400. Probably a mistake since it takes 45 minutes to drive to the Computer Museum from here.

Not a bad property. 10 floors. Good staff. Clean and spacious room. 49” LG LCD TV that swivels.

Bathroom lighting excellent. Room lighting is poor.

Large desk/chair.

Mini refrigerator is cold.

One day Housekeeping left me two bottles of water. None the other days.

Walls are a bit thin, but I fortunately had good neighbors.

Elevators are fast.

USB chargers on night stand.

Sink & shower both drain well. Hot water is hot and cold water is cold.

Plenty of free parking…some on ground floor and more in adjacent multi-level structure. Two Tesla charging stations in structure.

View of the Tesla factory. Not much in the way of restaurants/shopping unless you drive 5-10 minutes.

The $18 Marriott Burger was good.

Haven’t been to the lounge yet, but will check it out it before departure later this morning.

Was presented with “Complimentary Breakfast Buffet Plus One” vouchers but they state, “Weekend Platinum and Gold” on them. I’m not here over a weekend, but they gave me one for each day of my stay?

My bill was emailed to me at 2:02 AM on day of departure. 10% OCC tax & $0.50 tour fee per day.

I’d definitely stay here again if I had business in the immediate area.

Last edited by CO-PLAT; Feb 7, 2019 at 9:01 pm
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:37 pm

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:04 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
The boss refused to pay $500+/night near Mountain View, CA so I booked here in Fremont for <$400. Probably a mistake since it takes 45 minutes to drive to the Computer Museum from here.

Not a bad property. 10 floors. Good staff. Clean and spacious room. 49” LG LCD TV that swivels.

Bathroom lighting excellent. Room lighting is poor.

Large desk/chair.

Mini refrigerator is cold.

One day Housekeeping left me two bottles of water. None the other days.

Walls are a bit thin, but I fortunately had good neighbors.

Elevators are fast.

USB chargers on night stand.

Sink & shower both drain well. Hot water is hot and cold water is cold.

Plenty of free parking…some on ground floor and more in adjacent multi-level structure. Two Tesla charging stations in structure.

View of the Tesla factory. Not much in the way of restaurants/shopping unless you drive 5-10 minutes.

The $18 Marriott Burger was good.

Haven’t been to the lounge yet, but will check it out it before departure later this morning.

Was presented with “Complimentary Breakfast Buffet Plus One” vouchers but they state, “Weekend Platinum and Gold” on them. I’m not here over a weekend, but they gave me one for each day of my stay?

My bill was emailed to me at 2:02 AM on day of departure. 10% OCC tax & $0.50 tour fee per day.

I’d definitely stay here again if I had business in the immediate area.
I've stayed there a few times. I agree.. overall good hotel, but nothing walkable except for a few places across teh street (not the highway) iirc. Most of the time I'd drive a bit and go find some indian or other asian food.

It's a hell of drive to SFO in traffic though...
Old Jul 13, 2019, 8:37 pm

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
For my new company when I look at the Marriott superbrand I see 17 properties, Hilton 12, and I think Hyatt 6, one of the main reasons with the merger to Bonvoy I decided not to jump to another program.

Had been staying closer to work at SpringHill and/or Residence ( several ). There was a Marriott on Great America parkway but prices were just crazy so never considered.

The past few weeks for whatever reason my regular place rates went thru the roof and I braved booking here and the commute

0) Rates when you include taxes and lack of any parking fee makes it competitive to cheaper than my SpringHill / Residence
1) The Complimentary breakfast for Elites here beats the breakfast at any Springhill or Residence
2) Rooms are as noted a bit dark but more than good enough
3) Lounge is a far cry from what I got in the Far East at Sheraton, but hey it's a lounge
a) Beer / wine for 5, unlike free and all you can
b) Cheese, some veggie finger foods
c) Happy hour 5:30-7:30 has one hot protein+carbo and salad,
d) 7:30 on dessert ( pretty simply cookies and sweats ( again far car from lounges in far east but not bad for US )
4) Gym nice, far better than Residence/SpringHill/Fairfield
5) Just one or two stops up or down 880 a huge selection of eats, you need a car as the pickings close are nil of not beside the inhouse resturant.

Kinda of interesting to have a view of the Tesla Factory from the lounge.

All good enough for me to make the crazy commute down 880-217/Montague-101/Central Expressway, cost me about 20-30' extra round trip, but worth it IMHO, YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.