Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Shenzhen, China [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2010, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat

I can't seem to find a master thread on RC Shenzhen. Has anyone stayed there recently? Was it a positive experience? I am using up some Marriott reward points for an award stay at RC Shenzhen - it works out to be darn expensive (!!), so i just wanted to make sure it is at least "worth" it.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 3:05 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Considering the superb JW Marriott Shenzhen costs half as many points (MR Cat 3), the FS would have to be stunning.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 12:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
The JW is really great and Golds and Plats get upgraded to the club floor which has an excellent lounge.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 12:34 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Another vote for JW.
Stayed several times on award. Each time I was able to get "saver" rate of 10,000 pt/nite. Super property. Great elite treatment. Suite upgrade often. Breakfast (free for elite) at Chinois is a real RAVE! Excutive lounge is large, great views and excellent service! Elite check-in at the exec lounge.
Forget the RC.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
RC Shenzhen

The hotel is located right next to the Exhibition Centre subway station. There are a couple of shopping centres within short walking distance, so it's very convenient. The hotel was not very busy while we were there, so it was good for a getaway. Each time we went down to the pool or spa, we were the only people there. However, the club lounge was a little bit disappointing as there wasn't very much variety.

In summary, this is a great hotel for special occasion. But for redemption, one might consider JW Marriott which cost only 10,000 points as opposed to 30,000 points at RC.

Last edited by lululee; Jan 29, 2012 at 11:54 pm
Old Oct 5, 2010, 6:39 pm

My wife (Platinum) stayed there last week. She liked it better than the JW Beijing. There is a Marriott Rewards rate for 980 RMB per night plus 2000 bonus points.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: Thai silver(expired), Eva Gold(expired), SPG Gold (expired), MR gold, AA Exp 1MM, UA platinum.
RC club lounge disappointing

Originally Posted by lululee
However, the club lounge was a little bit disappointing as there wasn't very much variety.
Booked club room for Feb, we were excited about the club room until now. Will report back later.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
* Bump * Has anyone stayed here in the last 5 years?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: Emirates Silver, Marriott Platinum... Previously AC*SE100K, Star Alliance Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador
Stayed here last year, made a video

Pretty impressed with the service and the club lounge

Bit disappointing that their car service (in their Rolls Royce) only drives you in a 3 block radius or so. Basically a 5 minute ride.

Regardless, I had a great stay with my wife here.

The bed was the biggest bed I have ever slept on.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 1:04 pm

Does this hotel participate in Bonvoy program? I don't know if there is an easy list somewhere that tells us which RCs are part and not part of the program

Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2020, 4:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
Does this hotel participate in Bonvoy program? I don't know if there is an easy list somewhere that tells us which RCs are part and not part of the program

Thanks!
Yes it does.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Yes it does.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.