Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Guest relations: [email protected]
Guest services: [email protected]

Half of the rooms post-renovation have desks; half of the rooms do not. If a desk is important to you, request it in your reservation or at check-in.
Print Wikipost

Amsterdam Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:11 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Hope you can get the room also either side would work well. The hotel tells me the executive lounge renovations are on schedule that place is a treat.
Just to close the loop, we are here now and while we couldn’t get your room 823, we did get a room one floor below on 7, with the exact same view. The Exec Lounge renos are finished and it looks fantastic. Same excellent staff as reported upthread from check in to the lounge staff to the concierge and there was a fantastic spread of food last night at cocktail time. Heading down for breakfast now.

The view from our room.
Attached Images  
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Finkface
Just to close the loop, we are here now and while we couldn’t get your room 823, we did get a room one floor below on 7, with the exact same view. The Exec Lounge renos are finished and it looks fantastic. Same excellent staff as reported upthread from check in to the lounge staff to the concierge and there was a fantastic spread of food last night at cocktail time. Heading down for breakfast now.

The view from our room.
One never gets tired of that view, take some pictures of the renovated lounge, By far one of the best in the world.
JoeWoodstock likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
One never gets tired of that view, take some pictures of the renovated lounge, By far one of the best in the world.
I’ll try tomorrow. And I have to say, the food tonight was beyond excellent. Some of the best chicken satay I have ever eaten (seriously, anywhere) and my all time favourite salad - watermelon and feta. A lot of other tasty options as well. I ate so much, it became dinner. This lounge is absolutely the best there is.

The only one wrinkle is that it is 11pm and for some unfathomable reason, there are crews jackhammering outside. And not emergency repairs either. These are city work crews in a few different areas right around the hotel and the jackhammering is showing no signs of stopping anytime soon. Don’t they have noise bylaws here? I mean a jackhammer and other major power equipment at 11pm? Really?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I did a one night stay a few days ago. Applied SNA which did not clear. I asked for suite upgrade via chat, if available. I checked in around 11:30 and was upgraded to a junior suite available right away. I was also asked if I needed late check out, so I requested 4 pm. ^

The room faced the park in front of the hotel and was OK. Basically, just a large room with a couch in it. (Definitely much better than anything I’ve received at the Renaissance.)

I didn’t think I was getting a welcome gift, but when I returned from my self-guided walking tour, there was not one but two welcome gifts waiting for me. I received a tin of Stroopwafels with 2 half bottles of water. Mrs Parks received chocolate tulips and 2 large bottles of water.

The Lounge food is much better than at the Renaissance. The 2 hot dishes were chicken fajitas and chilli con carne. But there were lots of vegetarian salads and things so I didn’t go hungry. The unfortunate thing is the lounge was full of very loud people which made me feel like I was in some downtown bar.

I took a quick walk through the lounge for breakfast and same obnoxious people were there. I asked at the Elite desk if I might be able to eat in the restaurant with no further explanation. Agent asked for my room number and quickly presented me with a breakfast voucher. So I got breakfast and my 1000 points. Restaurant was much more peaceful and was the standard European style buffet.

Location is not as good as the Renaissance, but I got to explore a different end of the city. Definitely prefer the Marriott to the Renaissance.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by margarita girl
The Lounge food is much better than at the Renaissance. The 2 hot dishes were chicken fajitas and chilli con carne. But there were lots of vegetarian salads and things so I didn’t go hungry. The unfortunate thing is the lounge was full of very loud people which made me feel like I was in some downtown bar.

I took a quick walk through the lounge for breakfast and same obnoxious people were there. I asked at the Elite desk if I might be able to eat in the restaurant with no further explanation. Agent asked for my room number and quickly presented me with a breakfast voucher. So I got breakfast and my 1000 points. Restaurant was much more peaceful and was the standard European style buffet.
When I stayed there in April (3 nights) I was given breakfast vouchers for my entire stay at check-in without asking. Got the points too.

The lounge is much better than the Hilton also, which involves fighting for a free place to sit and then grabbing finger food.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 6:49 am

I did a one night stay a few days ago. Applied SNA which did not clear. I asked for suite upgrade via chat, if available. I checked in around 11:30 and was upgraded to a junior suite available right away. I was also asked if I needed late check out, so I requested 4 pm. ^

The room faced the park in front of the hotel and was OK. Basically, just a large room with a couch in it. (Definitely much better than anything I’ve received at the Renaissance.)

I didn’t think I was getting a welcome gift, but when I returned from my self-guided walking tour, there was not one but two welcome gifts waiting for me. I received a tin of Stroopwafels with 2 half bottles of water. Mrs Parks received chocolate tulips and 2 large bottles of water.

Location is not as good as the Renaissance, but I got to explore a different end of the city. Definitely prefer the Marriott to the Renaissance.

M, this is one of my favorites internationally. The "loud" crowd is more than likely layover flight crews, several of the ME3 carriers layover there for several days, I had seen loud ones and quiet one, just the luck of the draw. Best solution go to the manager. Some of these crews tend to "enjoy" the free bar. Breakfast is outstanding here with plenty of fresh hot options. The restaurant is always the best option. If you scroll back you'll see a pic from my favorite room that I always request.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz

I feel like I am stalking you...first you did a great review of the Marriott in Puerto Vallarta before I went, now I see you are reviewing another hotel I booked for next year! Once again, thanks for the informative review. I was struggling over Renaissance vs. Marriott, ended up selecting Marriott. Seeing your feedback makes me feel like I made a good choice
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
M, this is one of my favorites internationally. The "loud" crowd is more than likely layover flight crews, several of the ME3 carriers layover there for several days, I had seen loud ones and quiet one, just the luck of the draw. Best solution go to the manager. Some of these crews tend to "enjoy" the free bar. Breakfast is outstanding here with plenty of fresh hot options. The restaurant is always the best option. If you scroll back you'll see a pic from my favorite room that I always request.
There was a boat show in AMS while I was there. I’m pretty sure that’s why they were there.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:24 pm

There was a boat show in AMS while I was there. I’m pretty sure that’s why they were there.
could be there are several long haul flight crews there on a daily checkin! Anyway enjoy one of my favorites the French Onion Soup is really good in the front bar/restaurant
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Looking to stay here with the family (2a/2c) this summer - has anyone stayed with 4 people in 2 rooms?

Do they have king rooms that connect a room with 2 twins?
Old Jun 25, 2021, 1:48 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Is the lounge open / Is ist any good ?
Old Jun 26, 2021, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by cln
Not sure if ut is open but its better than good.
JoeWoodstock likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 9:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by cln
still listed as closed!
Old Jun 28, 2021, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by TravisMT81
still listed as closed!
Maybe next year we will see things begin to look "normal" for us we have decided to limit travel to US till next year hoping Africa opens up in 2022/23
Old Jul 16, 2023, 10:19 pm
aap

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Silver, AA Gold, United Silver
We'd originally planned to stay at the Renaissance and unfortunately that property appears to be a construction nightmare from all of the comments on Flyertalk and TripAdvisor. Has anyone stayed at this property recently and can comment on hotel condition and recognition of elite benefits? I'm booked at the Amsterdam Marriott in mid-August for 5 nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.