FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amsterdam Marriott [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:26 pm
margarita girl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I did a one night stay a few days ago. Applied SNA which did not clear. I asked for suite upgrade via chat, if available. I checked in around 11:30 and was upgraded to a junior suite available right away. I was also asked if I needed late check out, so I requested 4 pm. ^

The room faced the park in front of the hotel and was OK. Basically, just a large room with a couch in it. (Definitely much better than anything I’ve received at the Renaissance.)

I didn’t think I was getting a welcome gift, but when I returned from my self-guided walking tour, there was not one but two welcome gifts waiting for me. I received a tin of Stroopwafels with 2 half bottles of water. Mrs Parks received chocolate tulips and 2 large bottles of water.

The Lounge food is much better than at the Renaissance. The 2 hot dishes were chicken fajitas and chilli con carne. But there were lots of vegetarian salads and things so I didn’t go hungry. The unfortunate thing is the lounge was full of very loud people which made me feel like I was in some downtown bar.

I took a quick walk through the lounge for breakfast and same obnoxious people were there. I asked at the Elite desk if I might be able to eat in the restaurant with no further explanation. Agent asked for my room number and quickly presented me with a breakfast voucher. So I got breakfast and my 1000 points. Restaurant was much more peaceful and was the standard European style buffet.

Location is not as good as the Renaissance, but I got to explore a different end of the city. Definitely prefer the Marriott to the Renaissance.