Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton, United
Whippany, NJ Hanover Marriott (CLOSED - no access) Terminals in CL. B'fast coupons for full buffet 7/13
Old Aug 13, 2013, 6:07 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
* Charleston / Renaissance Historic District / NO LOUNGE; Brekkie coupons (report just said brekkie, so don't know if cont'l or full); 07/09/13 update

Full Buffet Breakfast on weekends/ if occupancy is low no buffet, order from anything on the menu.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 6:13 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ssafro1
JW Marriott Miami & JW Marriott Marquis Miami

I called to verify lounge openings on weekend and was told by both properties that lounges are now closed on the weekends (contl break provided in respective restaurants). Both cited a Marriott "policy" and sounded like this was some temporary move. So another reminder to everyone to call & verify before going to a property!

I just called the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay and the agent said the lounge is open on the weekends.. but I am going to call back & verify later this evening.
I have stayed at both properties, at the Biscayne Bay the Louge was open; at the JW Marquis it was open the first time I was there but not the second, however, no worries - the breakfast at the restaurant is magnificent with made-to-order omelettes and lots of exotic fare (pray the Lounge is closed).
Old Aug 14, 2013, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by danola
I have stayed at both properties, at the Biscayne Bay the Louge was open; at the JW Marquis it was open the first time I was there but not the second, however, no worries - the breakfast at the restaurant is magnificent with made-to-order omelettes and lots of exotic fare (pray the Lounge is closed).
Yes, I stayed at the JW Marriott about 6 weeks ago at it was open too. Which is why it took me by surprise that it is now closed & what prompted me to call the other Miami properties. I agree that the lounge breakfast is not as good as the full restaurant by a long shot, but the real reason I want the lounge open on the weekends is I like the evening apps/dessert/drinks in the lounge.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North

The Lounge is completely locked-down on weekends (no sodas).

Breakfast vouchers are given for the restaurant (gratuity included) but it is for cold items only, a point emphasized by the waitress.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 1:18 pm

1) Carmel / Renaissance Indianapolis North (Indiana)

2) Lounge closed; full breakfast buffet (not just continental) in restaurant; at check-in, the front desk clerk changed our coupon from 2 guests (pre-printed) to 3 guests (wife, college daughter, self).

3) room key could not even access concierge floors; was allowed to take complimentary cold bottled water from convenience shop next to front desk.

4) I don't know about exec lounge i-net

5) Check-in: Saturday, Aug. 10, 2013 / Check-out: Sunday, Aug. 11, 2013

Platinum arrival gift: 500 points or $10 FB credit. No other choices.

(Also, no longer providing Grill 39 appetizer coupon when lounge is closed.)

Last edited by Curator of Yesterland; Aug 18, 2013 at 1:33 pm
Old Aug 19, 2013, 12:32 am

Renaissance Glendale Hotel & Spa.

Lounge closed on the weekends.

Was given a voucher that indicates Continental Breakfast for 2, but the front desk agent ensured me that it was for the full buffet including the omelet station. When presenting the voucher to the waitstaff, I was not even given a bill or anything to sign.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Charleston Marriott Downtown

Lounge closed after breakfast Friday. No access with key on weekend for water or sodas

just asked if i wanted points as welcome gift so forgot to see if food credit was an option

750 points/day or cont breakfast coupon for 2 on Sat/Sun. Was able to upgrade to full buffet with cont coupon (waitress ended up not charging anything additional, YMMV)
Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Marriott Providence RI - Lounge closed, continental breakfast coupon with $5 charge for full buffet.

Welcome gift choice is 500pts or $10 f/b credit.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Halifax NS Marriott Harborfront

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Closed on weekends,

coupons for continental breakfast in restaurant. Upgrade to full buffet for $3/person.

Stayed 8/9-12, 2013.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 2:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I called full-service properties in the following states & have updated the sticky:

* Arkansas
* Connecticut
* Indiana
* Kansas
* Kentucky
* Maine
* Mississippi
* Missouri
* Nebraska
* New Hampshire
* New Mexico
* Oklahoma
* West Virginia
* Wisconsin

Cheers.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 11:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I called full-service properties in the following states & have updated the sticky:

* Iowa
* Nevada
* Rhode Island
* Washington DC
* Washington State

Cheers.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 2:03 pm

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
Park City Marriott

Park City, UT

CL is currently closed for renovation. No timetable for re-opening was given. Certs for breakfast buffet in the restaurant were offered instead.

August 18, 2013
Old Aug 20, 2013, 9:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold

This Plat got no love at all at the Orlando Marriott World Center on a weeklong stay two weeks ago. No letter indicating free continental breakfast, no possible upcharge to full buffet, not even free self parking . According to front desk, "parking garage is operated by another outside company".
The property has a few elite coordinators who upgraded my room to poolview prior to me checking in but that was it. Not even free water in the room. Was disappointed by this property.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 10:16 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by Muerz
This Plat got no love at all at the Orlando Marriott World Center on a weeklong stay two weeks ago. No letter indicating free continental breakfast, no possible upcharge to full buffet, not even free self parking . According to front desk, "parking garage is operated by another outside company".
The property has a few elite coordinators who upgraded my room to poolview prior to me checking in but that was it. Not even free water in the room. Was disappointed by this property.
It is a resort. Thus no free breakfast benefit :/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.