Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by eleeut
1) JW Marriott Union Sq. SF
2) Lounge is still open on weekends
3) didn't ask about coupons.
4) Lounge accessible for snacks
5) WiFi seemed to work in Lounge, One Internet Terminal + Printer
6) 10/5-7
Still the same as of November 10 and I confirmed that the lounge is always open on weekends (i.e. this is permanent, not a trial like the SF Marquis had).
Old Nov 11, 2012, 5:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
San Francisco Marriott Marquis

1) San Francisco / Marriott Marquis
2) Open. Their trial to keep the lounge open on weekends has been a success and they decided to keep it open on weekends on a permanent basis.
3) N/A
4) Accessible for drinks
5) One PC with printer
6) November 11
Old Nov 18, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Hello,

I have an update for the Memphis Marriott downtown. I stayed there Thursday night for a work trip, and I booked a room with my company, Siemens, rate. They upgraded me to a larger corner 1 king bed room on the concierge floor....free wifi with access to the lounge.

The original posts lists the lounge as closed but here is a picture showing otherwise

I was there for the evening appetizers (sodas, chicken fingers and corn..not bad). Cookies for late night desert...I didnt wake up in time for breakfast...busy day prior! Overall, great hotel with great service!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 6:52 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Renaissance Bangkok club lounge is open every day from 6 AM to midnight - as of October 2012 update

Last edited by Kalboz; Nov 21, 2012 at 9:50 am
Old Nov 20, 2012, 3:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Plat
* Baltimore / Renaissance Harborplace / OPEN for Breakfast only; 2 i-net terminals; free wireless in lobby; 09/09/12 update

As of today, it's closed temporarily. I was told at check-in that it was closed for renovations, but the paper they gave me about it says it's closed because of low occupancy.

Because the lounge is closed, they're giving anyone who would have otherwise had access the following:
Breakfast for 2 daily in the restaurant
1 appetizer or dessert Sunday-Thursday (daily)
1 glass of beer or wine for 2, or 2 for yourself
free non-alcoholic beverages daily for 2
1 bottle water daily
1 free in room movie
3pm checkout
Old Nov 20, 2012, 5:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
* Singapore / Marriott / OPEN (free wireless in lounge); (per website guests age 12+ only allowed in lounge); 07/25/12 update

Just returned from 2-nighter................. website, document provided and entry sign all say age 12+ but unfortunately NOT enforced..............same goes for registered guests limited to 2, or pay extra.................. lounge serves as breakfast/dinner for those walking out with full plates along with drinks........... although key carded, no verification of right to enter so just que behind anyone that does...........
Old Nov 20, 2012, 5:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
* Kuala Lumpur / JW Marriott / OPEN; 3/12 update

Just returned......temp lounge now closed so return to reg lounge on 24th floor.......... prop provides wireless but strength never above low so prop offer upgraded wireless at RM50/day................ evening snacks included chef carved legs of lamb w. rosmary - not bad - certainly better then packaged nuts!
Plats (didn't ask about golds) offered breakfast in lounge or Shook Rest.........
Old Nov 21, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold & multiple hotel programs
China - 3 Shanghai locations, Suzhou and Hangzhou

My apologies in advance as I did not read this thread prior to traveling. Some of the answers to the six questions are missing. Most of these are updates only.

1. Shanghai, China – Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Puxi
2. 0600 - 2400 – daily
3. Gold Level Breakfast Offerings – Momo Café or Lounge – did not ask about breakfast coupons if the lounge was not open.
4. ?
5. ?
6. November 7, 2012

Did not visit the lounge due to late arrival and early departure.

1. Hangzhou, China – Courtyard by Marriott Hangzhou Wulin
2. 0600 - 2400 – daily
3. Gold Level Breakfast Offerings– Momo Café or Lounge – did not ask about breakfast coupons if the lounge was not open.
4. ?
5. Free wireless was offered – in theory at least – It was not possible to access it during my visit to the lounge.
6. November 9, 2012

You may wish to have breakfast in the Momo Café based on the breakfast options provided in the lounge. They were slow to ramp up in the morning so you will be better off in the Momo Café if a quick breakfast is needed.

This is definitely not a lounge to pay to use.

1. Suzhou, China – Renaissance Suzhou
2. 0600 – 2400 - daily
3. Gold Level Breakfast Offerings – Restaurant or Lounge. At a stay earlier this year, the front desk staff arranged to have a breakfast packed for me to take with me when I departed prior to the opening of the hotel restaurant.
4. ?
5. Free wireless was offered. Did not try it in the lounge. Their welcome literature references free rental of an ipad only for use in the club lounge.
6. November 13, 2012

Lounge breakfast offerings were more than sufficient.

1. Shanghai, China – Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre
2. 0600 – 2400 - daily
3. Gold Level Breakfast Offerings – Restaurant or Lounge – did not ask about breakfast coupons if the lounge was not open.
4. ?
5. Their welcome literature references complimentary usage of a computer workstation and wireless internet service. It was not possible to access wifi during my evening visit to the lounge.
6. November 14, 2012

Busy lounge during their cocktail time (17:30-21:30).

The hotel restaurant’s breakfast buffet was one of the better ones I have had in China (well to be honest, anywhere). Huge selection of local and international foods: Chinese, Japanese, Indonesian, Indian, British, American and others were offered. Their dim sum options were quite tasty. 238 rmb (if it is not included in your room rate). There was no issue with crowding the day I tried it (6:30). Only three guests in the restaurant at that time.

Lounge was fairly busy

1. Shanghai, China – Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden Hotel
2. 0600 – 2400 - daily
3. Gold Level Breakfast Offerings – Restaurant or Lounge – did not ask about breakfast coupons if the lounge was not open.
4. ?
5. Their welcome literature references two computer workstations and wireless internet access. It was possible to briefly load one website wirelessly but I could not go beyond that page.
6. November 15, 2012

The hotel restaurant’s breakfast buffet was very good. Not nearly as good as the City Centre but still quite nice.

Welcome letter indicates that a club floor room is entitled to a maximum of two adults and one child below 12 years for free access to the club. They do state that all guests must stay in the same room.

The Marriotts all appeared to have some issues with both wired and wireless internet during my stays (in the guest rooms and lounges). I did not encounter these issues with the other non Marriott hotels during this trip.

I do have the club floor/lounge welcome letters for the two Renaissance locations and the Marriott City Centre. Please let me know if makes sense to post them here.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by alrvd83
Hello,

The original posts lists the lounge as closed but here is a picture showing otherwise

Actually that image shows the lounge is closed for the weekend. Closes at noon on Friday & doesn't re-open until Sunday aft. I'll update the stickey w/ the date it was confirmed closed.

Cheers.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nothingclever
My apologies in advance as I did not read this thread prior to traveling. Some of the answers to the six questions are missing. Most of these are updates only.

1. Shanghai, China – Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Puxi
2. 0600 - 2400 – daily
3. Gold Level Breakfast Offerings – Momo Café or Lounge – did not ask about breakfast coupons if the lounge was not open.
4. ?
5. ?
6. November 7, 2012

Did not visit the lounge due to late arrival and early departure.

1. Hangzhou, China – Courtyard by Marriott Hangzhou Wulin
2. 0600 - 2400 – daily
3. Gold Level Breakfast Offerings– Momo Café or Lounge – did not ask about breakfast coupons if the lounge was not open.
4. ?
5. Free wireless was offered – in theory at least – It was not possible to access it during my visit to the lounge.
6. November 9, 2012

You may wish to have breakfast in the Momo Café based on the breakfast options provided in the lounge. They were slow to ramp up in the morning so you will be better off in the Momo Café if a quick breakfast is needed.

This is definitely not a lounge to pay to use.

1. Suzhou, China – Renaissance Suzhou
2. 0600 – 2400 - daily
3. Gold Level Breakfast Offerings – Restaurant or Lounge. At a stay earlier this year, the front desk staff arranged to have a breakfast packed for me to take with me when I departed prior to the opening of the hotel restaurant.
4. ?
5. Free wireless was offered. Did not try it in the lounge. Their welcome literature references free rental of an ipad only for use in the club lounge.
6. November 13, 2012

Lounge breakfast offerings were more than sufficient.

1. Shanghai, China – Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre
2. 0600 – 2400 - daily
4. ?
5. Their welcome literature references complimentary usage of a computer workstation and wireless internet service. It was not possible to access wifi during my evening visit to the lounge.
6. November 14, 2012

Busy lounge during their cocktail time (17:30-21:30).

The hotel restaurant’s breakfast buffet was one of the better ones I have had in China (well to be honest, anywhere). Huge selection of local and international foods: Chinese, Japanese, Indonesian, Indian, British, American and others were offered. Their dim sum options were quite tasty. 238 rmb (if it is not included in your room rate). There was no issue with crowding the day I tried it (6:30). Only three guests in the restaurant at that time.

Lounge was fairly busy

1. Shanghai, China – Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden Hotel
2. 0600 – 2400 - daily
4. ?
5. Their welcome literature references two computer workstations and wireless internet access. It was possible to briefly load one website wirelessly but I could not go beyond that page.
6. November 15, 2012

The hotel restaurant’s breakfast buffet was very good. Not nearly as good as the City Centre but still quite nice.

Welcome letter indicates that a club floor room is entitled to a maximum of two adults and one child below 12 years for free access to the club. They do state that all guests must stay in the same room.

The Marriotts all appeared to have some issues with both wired and wireless internet during my stays (in the guest rooms and lounges). I did not encounter these issues with the other non Marriott hotels during this trip.

I do have the club floor/lounge welcome letters for the two Renaissance locations and the Marriott City Centre. Please let me know if makes sense to post them here.
Appreciate the updates.

Just as a note to you & others. For the purposes of this thread I just need the answers to Questions 1-6. The additional editorial re: lounge, busy, types of offerings, wifi issues, should go in the actual property threads, as most people will do a search on those for overall property updates & just check post #1 of this thread for a quick update on whether a lounge is open/closed. The additional info is appreciated, but it will get lost on this thread as most check post # 1. With your permission, I'll put some of the extra info provided into the property thread(s).

Cheers.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Actually that image shows the lounge is closed for the weekend. Closes at noon on Friday & doesn't re-open until Sunday aft. I'll update the stickey w/ the date it was confirmed closed.

Cheers.
Ooops....i misread this post. The main page just said "closed", so I read that to mean the entire lounge was closed for good, but instead it meant that its just closed on the weekend. The next post I make in this thread, will be per the guidelines! My mistake.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alrvd83
Ooops....i misread this post. The main page just said "closed", so I read that to mean the entire lounge was closed for good, but instead it meant that its just closed on the weekend. The next post I make in this thread, will be per the guidelines! My mistake.

Happy Thanksgiving!
No worries. Updates are appreciated. Thanks to your post I realized we haven't had a lot on Tennessee properties so I'll contact properties/check websites & update info.

Cheers.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Tennessee updated...

I ended up looking at property websites & calling properties/talked w/ the front desk in Tennessee:

...to find out if their lounges were open/closed on the weekends & if closed, if they provided brekkie coupons.

I did not ask them about key accessible or i-net terminals, as I thought that might get too confusing for the FDC & I was already calling a lot of properties/taking up quite a bit of my time.

If there was a recent report by an FTer I didn't call the property, but if there wasn't I did.

I also added properties that weren't listed in the sticky, but were listed on the Marriott website.

I would say one thing - if there's not a recent update on the sticky re: any property you're interested in, when in doubt, call the property in advance. Don't just go by lounge is closed. I was pleasantly surprised by how many properties, even though the lounges were closed, offered Gold/Plats coupons. Not all of course, but more than I thought when I first started checking this aft.

I'm definitely not going to call every single full-service property/check their website in the U.S. as that will take massive amounts of time.

So I'm still depending on you, my fellow FTers, to provide updates!

Cheers.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I ended up looking at property websites & calling properties/talked w/ the front desk in Tennessee:

...to find out if their lounges were open/closed on the weekends & if closed, if they provided brekkie coupons.

I did not ask them about key accessible or i-net terminals, as I thought that might get too confusing for the FDC & I was already calling a lot of properties/taking up quite a bit of my time.

If there was a recent report by an FTer I didn't call the property, but if there wasn't I did.

I also added properties that weren't listed in the sticky, but were listed on the Marriott website.

I would say one thing - if there's not a recent update on the sticky re: any property you're interested in, when in doubt, call the property in advance. Don't just go by lounge is closed. I was pleasantly surprised by how many properties, even though the lounges were closed, offered Gold/Plats coupons. Not all of course, but more than I thought when I first started checking this aft.

I'm definitely not going to call every single full-service property/check their website in the U.S. as that will take massive amounts of time.

So I'm still depending on you, my fellow FTers, to provide updates!

Cheers.
Excellent update. That is good ol southern hospitality in Tennessee...they were quite "overly" nice at the memphis downtown hotel.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Marriott Coral Springs Golf Club and Convention Center

11/21/12

Lounge opens Mon - Fri 0630 to 0900 breakfast, closes on weekends.

Evening snack hours Mon - Thur 1730 to 1930, dessert 1930 to 2230.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.