FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends
Old Nov 22, 2012, 8:03 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by nothingclever
My apologies in advance as I did not read this thread prior to traveling. Some of the answers to the six questions are missing. Most of these are updates only.

1. Shanghai, China – Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai Puxi
2. 0600 - 2400 – daily
3. Gold Level Breakfast Offerings – Momo Café or Lounge – did not ask about breakfast coupons if the lounge was not open.
4. ?
5. ?
6. November 7, 2012

Did not visit the lounge due to late arrival and early departure.

1. Hangzhou, China – Courtyard by Marriott Hangzhou Wulin
2. 0600 - 2400 – daily
3. Gold Level Breakfast Offerings– Momo Café or Lounge – did not ask about breakfast coupons if the lounge was not open.
4. ?
5. Free wireless was offered – in theory at least – It was not possible to access it during my visit to the lounge.
6. November 9, 2012

You may wish to have breakfast in the Momo Café based on the breakfast options provided in the lounge. They were slow to ramp up in the morning so you will be better off in the Momo Café if a quick breakfast is needed.

This is definitely not a lounge to pay to use.

1. Suzhou, China – Renaissance Suzhou
2. 0600 – 2400 - daily
3. Gold Level Breakfast Offerings – Restaurant or Lounge. At a stay earlier this year, the front desk staff arranged to have a breakfast packed for me to take with me when I departed prior to the opening of the hotel restaurant.
4. ?
5. Free wireless was offered. Did not try it in the lounge. Their welcome literature references free rental of an ipad only for use in the club lounge.
6. November 13, 2012

Lounge breakfast offerings were more than sufficient.

1. Shanghai, China – Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre
2. 0600 – 2400 - daily
3. Gold Level Breakfast Offerings – Restaurant or Lounge – did not ask about breakfast coupons if the lounge was not open.
4. ?
5. Their welcome literature references complimentary usage of a computer workstation and wireless internet service. It was not possible to access wifi during my evening visit to the lounge.
6. November 14, 2012

Busy lounge during their cocktail time (17:30-21:30).

The hotel restaurant’s breakfast buffet was one of the better ones I have had in China (well to be honest, anywhere). Huge selection of local and international foods: Chinese, Japanese, Indonesian, Indian, British, American and others were offered. Their dim sum options were quite tasty. 238 rmb (if it is not included in your room rate). There was no issue with crowding the day I tried it (6:30). Only three guests in the restaurant at that time.

Lounge was fairly busy

1. Shanghai, China – Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden Hotel
2. 0600 – 2400 - daily
3. Gold Level Breakfast Offerings – Restaurant or Lounge – did not ask about breakfast coupons if the lounge was not open.
4. ?
5. Their welcome literature references two computer workstations and wireless internet access. It was possible to briefly load one website wirelessly but I could not go beyond that page.
6. November 15, 2012

The hotel restaurant’s breakfast buffet was very good. Not nearly as good as the City Centre but still quite nice.

Welcome letter indicates that a club floor room is entitled to a maximum of two adults and one child below 12 years for free access to the club. They do state that all guests must stay in the same room.

The Marriotts all appeared to have some issues with both wired and wireless internet during my stays (in the guest rooms and lounges). I did not encounter these issues with the other non Marriott hotels during this trip.

I do have the club floor/lounge welcome letters for the two Renaissance locations and the Marriott City Centre. Please let me know if makes sense to post them here.
Appreciate the updates.

Just as a note to you & others. For the purposes of this thread I just need the answers to Questions 1-6. The additional editorial re: lounge, busy, types of offerings, wifi issues, should go in the actual property threads, as most people will do a search on those for overall property updates & just check post #1 of this thread for a quick update on whether a lounge is open/closed. The additional info is appreciated, but it will get lost on this thread as most check post # 1. With your permission, I'll put some of the extra info provided into the property thread(s).

Cheers.