Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian SPG American Express

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:22 pm

Not sure if anyone has asked a CSR this question after we all got our letter stating the new SPG Amex benefits: will the re-vamped SPG Amex Card offer the free night bonus upon its inception, to be awarded when we pay our AF - or will it be awarded after everyone has held that card for a year?

My anniversary date is in September...so I was really hoping to get my free night then...
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by pokee
Not sure if anyone has asked a CSR this question after we all got our letter stating the new SPG Amex benefits: will the re-vamped SPG Amex Card offer the free night bonus upon its inception, to be awarded when we pay our AF - or will it be awarded after everyone has held that card for a year?

My anniversary date is in September...so I was really hoping to get my free night then...
On your anniversary. See post # 2004.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl

On your anniversary. See post # 2004.
Thanks! The letter says the new card benefits take affect on Aug. 4th (today) - so I suspect that means that anyone that has an anniversary date on or after this date is entitled to the free night right away? I'll be interested to see how quickly the free night is posted, as the letter also states the free night is earned "after your anniversary"...
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:06 am

Thanks! The letter says the new card benefits take affect on Aug. 4th (today) - so I suspect that means that anyone that has an anniversary date on or after this date is entitled to the free night right away? I'll be interested to see how quickly the free night is posted, as the letter also states the free night is earned "after your anniversary"...
I called into AMEX a couple of weeks ago as I am one of those whose anniversary date is August 1. The CSR informed me I would be receiving the free night in August as any anniversary date in August qualifies. I have not yet had the free night post yet (I haven't had my July 25 statement points post either). Whether or not I renew this card is based on receiving the free night. I will post if and when my free night posts but would appreciate if someone else sees their free night post to also post this datapoint.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by prmetime
I called into AMEX a couple of weeks ago as I am one of those whose anniversary date is August 1. The CSR informed me I would be receiving the free night in August as any anniversary date in August qualifies. I have not yet had the free night post yet (I haven't had my July 25 statement points post either). Whether or not I renew this card is based on receiving the free night. I will post if and when my free night posts but would appreciate if someone else sees their free night post to also post this datapoint.
Thanks so much! This is exactly the info I was looking for! Good luck - I hope it's posted soon!
Old Aug 4, 2018, 1:00 pm

Thanks so much! This is exactly the info I was looking for! Good luck - I hope it's posted soon!
Thanks! I'm glad I could help
Old Aug 7, 2018, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone having problems getting their SPG points? My last statement was on July 24 and they usually post within 2 days of statement date. I'm still waiting on my points this time. I'm usually pretty patient with these things, but it's been 2 weeks now!
Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:23 am

Mine posted on the 30th.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:44 am

Still waiting on points to post from my July statement.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Anyone having problems getting their SPG points? My last statement was on July 24 and they usually post within 2 days of statement date. I'm still waiting on my points this time. I'm usually pretty patient with these things, but it's been 2 weeks now!
Same dates as me. No points yet.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just called Amex. Agent told me Marriott was upgrading their system and I would be getting a lot more points , 5 pts/$ on Marriott spend and 2 pts/$ on everything else. I challenged him on that, so then he switched to the free night and free authorized users. Points should be posted to my account sometime between Aug 20-22 per the agent. He said that Amex transferred them over to Marriott on July 25. I asked if I would be 3X the points or the new conversion rate of 2X the points. He said 3X.

Before hanging up, I suggested that he not tell other customers how they would be getting a lot more points. I told him his customers were smarter than what he was giving them credit for!
unclepants and prmetime like this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 10:59 am

Have they said anything about card holders needing to update our SPG # that is attached to our account? Or will they automatically receive what our new Starpoints # would be?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:13 am

Thanks for the update! Will have to double check they post at the 3X rate.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Commie
Have they said anything about card holders needing to update our SPG # that is attached to our account? Or will they automatically receive what our new Starpoints # would be?
No, but I never asked. Marriott has already said that our new numbers would be sent to Amex.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:43 pm

Any news on elite night credit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.