Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Has anyone stayed here recently? Any experiences to share?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 4:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MarkP24
Has anyone stayed here recently? Any experiences to share?
In my experience it's been very consistent over the past few years. There's quite a bit of discussion in the LAX Marriotts thread.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kacee
In my experience it's been very consistent over the past few years. There's quite a bit of discussion in the LAX Marriotts thread.
Thank you!
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:55 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Unfortunately, Lounge offerings here have been downgraded over the past few months. Breakfast now consists of fruit, sliced bread, scrambled eggs, and oatmeal. They cut out sausuage or bacon, hard boiled eggs, and pastries. Evening offering is one hot dish and pretzels or granola bars. They cut out chips and salsa, cheese, two hot appetizers, and sweets. It's a shame, as this used to be one of the better Lounges in the States.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 10:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
I went through the entire thread here but couldn’t find the information regarding breakfast start time on a Sunday.

We have a 8:30 flight at LAX on Sunday morning next February so wondering if we can get brekkie early around 6-6:30AM. Either lounge or restaurant. Happy to exchange 1000 points (welcome amenity for Titanium) for it
Old Mar 29, 2020, 10:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
I went through the entire thread here but couldn’t find the information regarding breakfast start time on a Sunday.

We have a 8:30 flight at LAX on Sunday morning next February so wondering if we can get brekkie early around 6-6:30AM. Either lounge or restaurant. Happy to exchange 1000 points (welcome amenity for Titanium) for it
I was there for a night last week, but everything was closed so I don't know what the hours would normally be. Tough to say what next Feb will look like.

I was happy with our stay. Upgraded to an executive suite and someone showed up at our door with sheets and blankets for the sofa bed right after checking in, which never happens.

Occupancy was obviously very low.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
I was there for a night last week, but everything was closed so I don't know what the hours would normally be. Tough to say what next Feb will look like.
Was their restaurant open for take-out? Did they offer any breakfast or F&B in lieu of lounge access?
Old Feb 9, 2021, 10:30 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

According to the hotel only the Starbucks is operating in the hotel
Old Feb 11, 2021, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Condition One
Unfortunately, Lounge offerings here have been downgraded over the past few months. Breakfast now consists of fruit, sliced bread, scrambled eggs, and oatmeal. They cut out sausuage or bacon, hard boiled eggs, and pastries. Evening offering is one hot dish and pretzels or granola bars. They cut out chips and salsa, cheese, two hot appetizers, and sweets. It's a shame, as this used to be one of the better Lounges in the States.
Hard to imagine how you can downgrade the lounge f&b any further than what it has already been for years. Maybe I'm just spoiled from Asia.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
According to the hotel only the Starbucks is operating in the hotel
It's been like that for months now. My last overnight stay at this property was in early December, and I haven't overnighted in CA since the silly quarantine requirement.
​​​​
Old Jun 23, 2021, 4:18 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Any recent reviews for here, have stayed here several times and was always good, recent trip advisor reviews not too great though. Restaurant/bar/club lounge back open?
Old Aug 14, 2021, 4:54 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Originally Posted by OPENROAD
Any recent reviews for here, have stayed here several times and was always good, recent trip advisor reviews not too great though. Restaurant/bar/club lounge back open?

Just bumping this, any recent experiences?
Old Aug 14, 2021, 8:07 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
I expect to be here next month, will report back here after my stay...
Old Oct 16, 2021, 11:00 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Just wrapped a one night stay. Hotel was fine. There are no mobile keys so you have to check in with the desk, which was mobbed last night. The elevator situation is not ideal as there was alway a several minute wait.

the lounge is still closed so they offered a voucher for a continental breakfast. Essentially cereal, yogurt and coffee. That said, the restaurant allows you to apply the value ($16) to anything on the menu. Everything is within the $15-$18 range, but the catch is that none of the options include coffee ($5).

I’d consider returning given the location (you can grab the Hyatt bus), but I would choose the Marriott once their lounge / restaurant opens.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 11:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Just wrapped a one night stay. Hotel was fine. There are no mobile keys so you have to check in with the desk, which was mobbed last night. The elevator situation is not ideal as there was alway a several minute wait.

the lounge is still closed so they offered a voucher for a continental breakfast. Essentially cereal, yogurt and coffee. That said, the restaurant allows you to apply the value ($16) to anything on the menu. Everything is within the $15-$18 range, but the catch is that none of the options include coffee ($5).

I’d consider returning given the location (you can grab the Hyatt bus), but I would choose the Marriott once their lounge / restaurant opens.
Did they put you in a suite? I've never not been upgraded to one. The corner suites are really nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.