Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Desert Willow Villas (time share), Palm Desert, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Desert Willow Villas (time share), Palm Desert, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: UA G, Marriott PlatPrem
Stay in January 2018.

Quick Datapoint: As Marriott Platinum Premier Elite, was offered choice of some points or a continental breakfast in the hotel daily for 2 as welcome amenity. The front desk rep did not seem to have any clue that Marriott ran the show, and kept referring to SPG and StarPoints. He also declined to give me 4PM late checkout “because they don’t do that here.” Mind you, the hotel page on the Marriott website doesn’t mention anywhere that this is considered a resort or excluded property. They were doing work on one of pools, so it was closed — this was disclosed on the website during booking. However, there was no poolside service available on the property, and the water slides weren’t working. Eggs Benedict in the hotel restaurant for breakfast were phenomenal. Otherwise unremarkable property/stay.

As a somewhat related aside, I was running 15 minutes late at checkout, and they sent a security officer to my room at 12:15. Luckily, I was literally holding my luggage and walking out of the room when there was a knock on the door. I thought that particular experience was unprofessional, unwelcoming, and quite embarrassing. I called the Marriott Rewards number the next day to make a comment. The hotel quickly called me back and said “they would look into it.” It’s been a couple weeks of radio silence since then.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by pbearmedic
Stay in January 2018.

Quick Datapoint: As Marriott Platinum Premier Elite, was offered choice of some points or a continental breakfast in the hotel daily for 2 as welcome amenity. The front desk rep did not seem to have any clue that Marriott ran the show, and kept referring to SPG and StarPoints. He also declined to give me 4PM late checkout because they dont do that here. Mind you, the hotel page on the Marriott website doesnt mention anywhere that this is considered a resort or excluded property. They were doing work on one of pools, so it was closed this was disclosed on the website during booking.
When it was the SPG site they disclosed the limited participation info very, very clearly, but Marriott's website and M.O. on disclosure is so poor and template driven, I can see how that info go lost in the conversion to Marriott. If I recall, the standard check-out is a very early 11am, so the 12pm time was a little bit of an extension.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by pbearmedic
Stay in January 2018.

Quick Datapoint: As Marriott Platinum Premier Elite, was offered choice of some points or a continental breakfast in the hotel daily for 2 as welcome amenity. The front desk rep did not seem to have any clue that Marriott ran the show, and kept referring to SPG and StarPoints. He also declined to give me 4PM late checkout because they dont do that here. Mind you, the hotel page on the Marriott website doesnt mention anywhere that this is considered a resort or excluded property. They were doing work on one of pools, so it was closed this was disclosed on the website during booking. However, there was no poolside service available on the property, and the water slides werent working. Eggs Benedict in the hotel restaurant for breakfast were phenomenal. Otherwise unremarkable property/stay.

As a somewhat related aside, I was running 15 minutes late at checkout, and they sent a security officer to my room at 12:15. Luckily, I was literally holding my luggage and walking out of the room when there was a knock on the door. I thought that particular experience was unprofessional, unwelcoming, and quite embarrassing. I called the Marriott Rewards number the next day to make a comment. The hotel quickly called me back and said they would look into it. Its been a couple weeks of radio silence since then.
As mentioned, as an SPG property last year, the email I received prior to my stay in August stated limited member benefits. I just saw that the new Marriott page does not provide good information, which is clearly should not be the case. I don't think breakfast was even offered back then, but I may be mistaken. And just fyi, the check out time is 10 am.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I did a last minute booking here and am pretty happy with it. Im with my 3 kids so got a large villa in building 15 near the family pool. Got a noon check out, which we can live with, breakfast and food at the pool are ok and certainly reasonably priced. Finally all three kids meet the 48 requirment for the sidewinder water slide ;-)
Kids did some of the activities(tie die shirts, etc) and staff are super friendly to them. There was a solid 25% off rate that made this place a better deal than a private house with pool for a short stay. Id say it is well worth the $260 rate we got. Well go out for dinners though, there are so many better meal options around here off property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.