FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Desert Willow Villas (time share), Palm Desert, CA [Master Thread]
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:29 am
pbearmedic

Programs: UA G, Marriott PlatPrem
Stay in January 2018.

Quick Datapoint: As Marriott Platinum Premier Elite, was offered choice of some points or a continental breakfast in the hotel daily for 2 as welcome amenity. The front desk rep did not seem to have any clue that Marriott ran the show, and kept referring to SPG and StarPoints. He also declined to give me 4PM late checkout “because they don’t do that here.” Mind you, the hotel page on the Marriott website doesn’t mention anywhere that this is considered a resort or excluded property. They were doing work on one of pools, so it was closed — this was disclosed on the website during booking. However, there was no poolside service available on the property, and the water slides weren’t working. Eggs Benedict in the hotel restaurant for breakfast were phenomenal. Otherwise unremarkable property/stay.

As a somewhat related aside, I was running 15 minutes late at checkout, and they sent a security officer to my room at 12:15. Luckily, I was literally holding my luggage and walking out of the room when there was a knock on the door. I thought that particular experience was unprofessional, unwelcoming, and quite embarrassing. I called the Marriott Rewards number the next day to make a comment. The hotel quickly called me back and said “they would look into it.” It’s been a couple weeks of radio silence since then.